Corrupt memory card after removing to put in PC

mrklaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a safe way to eject the memory card before removing? I’d stopped recording before ejecting, and it worked fine in the PC to get a few clips off. But when I put it back in the cam and it turned on I the car it reported an error and I had to reformat.

This is with a 32gb nextbase card supplied by halford

I've always left the card in the unit as used the unit as the card reader.

I've used both copy/paste and cut/paste without issue.

Pretty sure the manual says to ensure the camera is powered down before removing or installing the memory card.

There is no eject function like there is on a PC so if files are not fully written to the card then corruption is quite easy. Usually a reformat solves most issues with a corrupt ad card unless it's completely goosed.

Pretty sure the manual says to ensure the camera is powered down before removing or installing the memory card.

There is no eject function like there is on a PC so if files are not fully written to the card then corruption is quite easy. Usually a reformat solves most issues with a corrupt ad card unless it's completely goosed.

How do you power it down properly? I tried the power button but as soon as I picked it up it powered on again..

When it loses power (ignition off) it goes into shutdown mode, still recording for a short while. You just need to wait for that to finish.

I'm sure the manual states how long. It depends on how far through the current clip it is and the clip length you have set.

How do you power it down properly? I tried the power button but as soon as I picked it up it powered on again..
If you have parking mode on picking it up will make it turn on and start recording. Put it down on a surface and power it off with the power button, once its shut down gently remove the sd card.

Catch 22 then.

Bring the whole unit indoors to offload video sounds safer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J 512GW 1
P 512GW 15
N 512GW 8
Back