Couple questions

knikAK

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not new to the forum, I'm usually in the background reading reviews. I saw a DVR forward facing camera with a built in back up camera into the review mirror. I've not heard of the brand & didn't have any luck finding any reviews on this site regarding this brand. K SOURCE model#VS55020. I thought this would be an ideal setup for my HD Ram dually because of everything built into one kinda compact package. I've been needing a back up camera for a while now & just replaced my rear bumper due to those pesky yellow poles at Lowes that seem to run up behind you just when you glance away. The K Source unit doesn't have a G meter or at least it isn't listed in the selling details. I do lots of business at rockauto.com & they have a 30% instant rebate.
I've been running a $25 DVR/camera in both of my vehicles for a year now & it's time to upgrade the one in my truck. If the K Source unit isn't worth it, could I get a recommend? I would prefer a package like the K Source since I don't have much room around the mirror, but do understand video quality suffers with the 2 in 1 units. One other thing is that I live in Alaska & don't get a lot of sun in the winter, so I want to make sure my next set up works great in the dark. My current DVR/camera hardly picks up moose that run across the roads.
Thank you

Last edited:
VS55020 is low end solution from point of view of dashcam. Yes, you get sort of "stealthy look", but video quality recording of 20usd dashcam.

I kinda figured it was a low quality dashcam & too good to be true. I suppose I need to find a dashcam that is small enough to mount below my mirror since I have a gauge pod holding 3 other gauges taking up all the room above it. I'll figure something else out for a for a backup camera.
Thank you,

Back