Viofo A 139 Pro...............basic operation questions

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am kind of embarrassed to be asking this, but I am finding the #3 tiny font instruction booklet to be prety inadequate. Using my printer, I enlarged the text to a readable size. Nevertheless, if anyone could help me with these few basic questions, I would sure appreciate the kindness:

...............on my phone via the app, I have no idea how to get to view "live" what the camera sees. I can get there, but it is a bunch of stumbling around in settings - none of which talk about seeing the live view - and then suddenly the live view appears on my phone screen. Maybe there is a slight delay while the 139 spins up the "live" view ? Still, have no idea how to get to the "live" view.

..............the 139 Pro regularly tells me that it is up and running with 2 cameras. It is supposed to be a 3 camera system. I can't get the interior camera to appear, via the app, on my phone. Front and back I can see. And I have seen the interior view a few times, but then it disappeared with no way I can see in settings to turn it on (or off). The only camera adjustments in the settings are for inverting the 3 camera images. My limited understanding is that all 3 cameras should just come on and function......yes?

Thanks for any help. I am in way over my head with this 139 Pro, but I am struggling to get it smoothed out because I understand the performance is so good.

Many thanks for any thoughts.

I am kind of embarrassed to be asking this, but I am finding the #3 tiny font instruction booklet to be prety inadequate. Using my printer, I enlarged the text to a readable size. Nevertheless, if anyone could help me with these few basic questions, I would sure appreciate the kindness:

...............on my phone via the app, I have no idea how to get to view "live" what the camera sees. I can get there, but it is a bunch of stumbling around in settings - none of which talk about seeing the live view - and then suddenly the live view appears on my phone screen. Maybe there is a slight delay while the 139 spins up the "live" view ? Still, have no idea how to get to the "live" view.

..............the 139 Pro regularly tells me that it is up and running with 2 cameras. It is supposed to be a 3 camera system. I can't get the interior camera to appear, via the app, on my phone. Front and back I can see. And I have seen the interior view a few times, but then it disappeared with no way I can see in settings to turn it on (or off). The only camera adjustments in the settings are for inverting the 3 camera images. My limited understanding is that all 3 cameras should just come on and function......yes?

Thanks for any help. I am in way over my head with this 139 Pro, but I am struggling to get it smoothed out because I understand the performance is so good.

Many thanks for any thoughts.
After connecting the phone to the wifi successfully, you can enter the app and the live view will be shown then. If you cannot see the live view after connecting, please disable the VIOFO app from accessing cellular data if you use an iPhone. Here is an article that explains details about wifi connection: https://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000127932-why-can-not-i-use-the-viofo-app-
Besides, if you have set the Live Video Resource to three channels, the footage of the three channels shall be shown on your phone. It seems that the interior camera is unstable. Please use the rear cable to connect the interior camera to confirm if it can work well. If yes, you can contact our customer service to get a new interior cable: https://support.viofo.com/support/tickets/new
1687157650173.png

Last edited:
Indeed those little manuals, they do not work for tired old eyes like mine, at least not without my reading glasses.

Real men don't read manuals. They experiment

Jokes aside, the 3rd cam should appear and you should have a vocal confirmation of '3 channel recording started'. If not, it's either the cable or the camera. Easiest way to check is what Viofo suggested: plug the interior camera to the rear camera cable and see what happens. You could also connect the rear camera to the interior cable just to double confirm it's the interior cable.

Live view is the first screen when you connect to the camera through the app. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 seconds for the image to appear. You then have a button bottom left to cycle through views.

Good luck.

Back