COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun Fact: On this day in 1927, Donald Trump's father Fred Trump was arrested at a KKK rally in Queens, NYC.

fredsr2.jpg

fred_sr_arrest.jpg

kkkrallynyc.jpg

don&fred.jpg

Saw there is a #2 outbreak of ebola in DR. Congo, that's some nasty stuff too

Back in those days KKK had some big ass marches, i saw one on TV a while back from Washington, and there was like a sea of KKK, like it was the prelude to that breakfast cereal with letters in it, just not very imaginative.

Back in those days KKK had some big ass marches, i saw one on TV a while back from Washington, and there was like a sea of KKK, like it was the prelude to that breakfast cereal with letters in it, just not very imaginative.

1920s and the membership back then was highest than at any other time. https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/flood-klan/

Their message struck a cord, and membership in the Klan ballooned in the 1920s. By the middle of the decade, estimates for national membership in this secret organization ranged from three million to as high as eight million Klansmen.

It is still in existence, but not openly active here. I have worked around some of it's members and know quite a bit about it. It has been surpassed by more radical organizations, which to me is not a good thing. All these are still very small in numbers but large enough to cause problems. They do use subversive tactics but you cannot place all of a blame on them when other non-involved persons take those actions as an opening to follow along into escalation. We each make our own choices and nobody can make you do something you are determined to not do. These groups feed on false news and incidents being blown out of proportion- they are not in touch with reality nor do they want to be, and that is where the real danger lies.

The use of any form of force including tear gas, rubber bullets, or fire hoses to control non-rioting crowds is only adding fuel to the fire. Yesterday here that occurred with one crowd where an allowed protest had reached the time when it was supposed to disperse but had not. Main street downtown was being blocked by this crowd. By that time the group who led the protest made note that it's own people had left and that whoever remained was not part of them nor under their control. Even with all that, there was no real need to disperse the crowd as there was no trend toward rioting and Main St. regularly has little traffic at that time of day with many easy routes to bypass the area being available and totally open. Had they left the crowds alone it's likely that they would have went home soon enough as people had been leaving already and continued to do so. The Government and Police do not yet seem to understand that what is being protested is their use of excessive force against non-violent people as well as improper racial profiling, so when they initiate unnecessary force against non-rioting protesters they are only proving the validity of the point those protesters are trying to make :( And that is likely to cause the next gathering to desire to resist more the next time they gather- the gathering is not going to stop. The Government and Police are bringing onto themselves and causing the problems they are encountering here. So far it hasn't escalated into rioting but that possibility exists and will do no good for anyone so IMHO must be avoided and deterred by proper actions which do not include violence or force.

On those crowds who are rioting elsewhere there will be force and control efforts being made, and in this nobody can make a claim of in innocence on any side, for all are contributing fuel to the fire. Violence is always met with violence. It is clear that the US needs to make substantial changes in how it deals with improper actions taken by it's Police forces because the current approaches are not working. It is only when a person is held directly responsible for their actions that they will restrain themselves voluntarily from doing wrong. There can not be more than one standard for all persons including Government and Police if we expect things to improve from the mess we're in now. Nobody should be immune from or given protections regarding the consequence of their actions, all wrongdoings must be treated equally or there can be no justice.

Phil

a9a3be94-96ea-4c59-b4ac-a28eaa58114c.jpg

Amsterdam - protesting about the death of George Floyd at the knee of the USA police.

Not much social distancing there, seems Trump's handling of the USA situation is going to cause deaths from covid-19 all around the world!

The situation in USA is a little different:
Protests-George-Floyd-GettyImages-1216826682.jpg

"Ominous weapons!"

The public will retaliate!

Highly worrying that Trump is looking to close down Twitter and take over using his own Trump App where he can dictate the news, other countries have life saving covid-19 Apps, Trump has his dictatorship app:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Should President Donald Trump and Twitter ultimately part ways, his campaign has a backup plan at the ready to get his voice out.

Tensions between Trump and the messaging platform escalated last week after Twitter began to label some of his tweets with a fact-check. Trump responded with an executive order that threatens to curtail some legal protections enjoyed by social media companies.

Trump’s campaign has been building an alternative channel for him for months, a smartphone app that aims to become a one-stop news, information and entertainment platform for his supporters, in part because of concerns that the president would lose access to the Twitter platform, said his campaign manager, Brad Parscale.

The Trump app, which was launched in April, has since often placed among the Top 10 in Apple's rankings of news apps, sometimes above those of individual news organizations such as CNN, the New York Times and Reuters.
Signing into the app requires a cellphone number, which then allows the campaign to send the user regular text messages lauding Trump or asking for donations.

Last edited:
Protests for this here too, yesterday the US embassy had BLM people protesting, i assume like anywhere ANTIFA will corrupt it and violence and looting with start.
1509695_605_0_0_0_0_0_2.jpg

3b4862b8fab8e5e96b9dc451b2816c82a1a2180b.jpg

Focus,,,,,,, so easily lost

PS. The picture above, i might be mistaking but that guy on the white horse to the far right,,,,,, that look like Sheriff Bart ?

Last edited:
Governors have already called in the National Guard. Trump is threatening to bring in the Military. Violence begets violence. If you look at the fall of communism, the Velvet Revolution was a mass peaceful protest that caused the collapse of communism in Czechoslovakia.

The problem is that the majority want peace, but of course there's a fringe element inciting violence and rioting. Reacting to the general protestors with the same force as those inciting violence, is a very unwise decision. In Louisville, police turned off their body cams and shot a guy dead. This followed by an incident where police there busted into the wrong house with a No Knock Warrant, and killed an EMT who started shooting at "intruders", because she thought the police were burglars.

Honestly the only thing that'll solve this whole commotion is:

1. All cops need to wear body cams and CANNOT disable them at will. These must record at all times. Disabling should result in dismissal.
2. Removing qualified immunity from police. I saw article where Congress is proposing this idea. Police who act outside the law become liable for their actions.

I am amazed i have not heard about any shop keepers shooting looters, i would be in my shop armed to the teeth, and they might burn it down, maybe with me in it, but they will not loot it.

Not long ago Danish politicians passed a law, so now they are not liable for anything,,,,,,,,,, :mad:

Disabling should result in dismissal.
Not good enough, should result in a presumption of guilt, and if someone has been killed then that means murder.

Police who act outside the law become liable for their actions.
In most countries the law applies to all, including the president, how come it doesn't apply to your police?
And why was Trump allowed to break the curfew for his church photo?

Reacting to the general protestors with the same force as those inciting violence, is a very unwise decision.
Indeed, people need a right to peaceful protest, and protection against non-peaceful actions. Violence against them will result in violence returned at some point.

They also need to be able to take action, such as removing the president mid-term, if they have enough support. Currently it appears that the president is untouchable, however many lies he tells, or bad decisions he makes. For the president to lie or mislead or neglect his duties should be illegal. "Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of NIAID & member of Coronavirus Task Force, tells me he has not spoken or met with the President in 2 weeks"!

Replies:
how can there be no problems and many arrests? least empathetic statement i’ve ever read
Priests were teargassed in front of the White House.
NO Problems?? You shot innocent, peaceful protesters with rubber bullets and tear gas, just so you could take a photo holding a bible at a church that didn't want you there. That's a major problem!
the whole world watched you send military police to brutalize a peaceful civilian protest. the lowest moment of a presidency that's been nothing but one low moment after another

Last edited:
2. Removing qualified immunity from police. I saw article where Congress is proposing this idea. Police who act outside the law become liable for their actions.
Do you have a link to an article about this?

Not good enough, should result in a presumption of guilt, and if someone has been killed then that means murder.

You misunderstood. I meant DISABLING it any time would result in dismissal. If there's suspicion of a crime being committed, and officer disables camera, then criminal charges are lobbied against that officer.

In most countries the law applies to all, including the president, how come it doesn't apply to your police?
And why was Trump allowed to break the curfew for his church photo?

Trump is a f*cking moron who thinks he's an aristocratic leader. And because the Supreme Court is rigged 5-4 for his party along with a majority in the Senate, little is being done to check his outbursts and overreach of power.

Indeed, people need a right to peaceful protest, and protection against non-peaceful actions. Violence against them will result in violence returned at some point.

Agreed.

They also need to be able to take action, such as removing the president mid-term, if they have enough support. Currently it appears that the president is untouchable, however many lies he tells, or bad decisions he makes. For the president to lie or mislead or neglect his duties should be illegal. "Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of NIAID & member of Coronavirus Task Force, tells me he has not spoken or met with the President in 2 weeks"!

Trump bullies his critics into silence either through firing or harassing them. Congress tried to remove Trump over the Russia Scandal, but failed, again because his party runs the Senate. In the USA there are two branches of Congress. Senate (100 members) and House (435). Trump is a Republican and the Senate has a majority from his party. The House has a Democratic majority (Biden and Hilary's party). But without a majority in both, removal is unlikely as the Republicans showed they will not act against Trump. They are very fearful if he loses, they'll all be on the chopping block, along with him. So Republicans are backing him no matter what he does!

Friend or foe, no one like a bully, so his days should be numbered.
Cuz even if you are on the good side of a bully, he will turn on a dime and go after you too.

Of course removal is unlikely if you leave it to the politicians!

The people put him in power, the people should be able to remove him from power.

Oh how I wish...
It wasn't really the people who put him in power. In the last election there were only two candidates who stood any chance whatsoever to be elected and Trump was one. We were screwed before the election, and before the one before that, and before the one before that ad nauseum. In effect, it is the Republican AND Democratic parties which are perpetuating this evil upon us by being sure to never allow anyone else to grow another party into one which could unseat them. THEY are controlling the elections- not us.

Phil

Well you folks might have noticed that I no longer use a certain word to describe Trump. It wouldn't surprise me if some of you also get a PM regards your words. There is no wrong in that- we are after all guests of the kind person who maintains this website who only wants to maintain peace and decorum here- and I fully support them (y) But the term I used is very appropriate and a perfect descriptive of someone who said they wanted to make America great again but are about to utterly destroy it instead, thinking he's made all the right decisions for us all along when he hasn't.

Oh well, whatever- at this point I'm stuck here and along for the ride wherever it goes. I don't expect miracles so at least I won't be disappointed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back