COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the eastern EU countries did well initially, but now they are racing ahead.

Saw a comparison with Sweden and Denmark with a lot of graphs, and the Swedes are way ahead of us on any parameter, and still are in spite of their gamble with heard immunity.

They have 6600 or so dead, we have 770, we have around 68.800 confirmed infected they have 208.000, out of 100.000 they have 45 new infected daily we have 18, out of 100.000 we have 0.7 people in ICU they have 1.7.

I would not be pleased at all if i was a Swede.

Saw a comparison with Sweden and Denmark with a lot of graphs, and the Swedes are way ahead of us on any parameter, and still are in spite of their gamble with heard immunity.
Sweden took the deaths early with a quick epidemic, Denmark locked down and slowed the epidemic, making it last for months at low level. By the end of the year it looks like Denmark will converge with Sweden on the total excess mortality for the year, both somewhere around 1% above the 5 year average annual deaths:

1606391418855.png

Last edited:
Yes i assume they will get down to our level, but we will never get up to their levels, so in total they loose.
Maybe if this ran for a longer time than it look as it will be allowed to things would be different, cuz we Danes are stupid animals for sure.

Yes i assume they will get down to our level, but we will never get up to their levels, so in total they loose.
That is a cumulative graph, so the latest value is the total for the year so far, in total it will be a draw.

If it's a 'draw' then I suppose it becomes more of a choice in how to deal with it rather than one method being better than another.

I've always been the kind to stand up and fight rather than sitting down waiting for whatever happens next even if there will be no difference in the ending :cautious: At least then I have some kind of control of how things transpire ;)

Phil

I saw that but didn't bother to read it. Kind of tired of hearing depressing things today and whatever they are I'm sure I'll be hearing more and deeper of them in the days ahead.

Phil

I saw that but didn't bother to read it. Kind of tired of hearing depressing things today and whatever they are I'm sure I'll be hearing more and deeper of them in the days ahead.

Phil
They were just pointing out that the Astrazeneca press release does not pass peer review for a scientific paper :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

They seem rather upset that the trial contained two different dosing regimes, they say you can't combine the results and a trial must only have one dosing regime, like the Moderna and pfizer trials did, so the Astrazeneca trial is invalid.

So what are they going to say when they find out that:
More than two dozen different dosing regimens were used throughout the UK trial, with volunteers divided into groups dependent on age, as well as how much of the vaccine would be administered and when.

Seems a bit silly that you wouldn't be allowed to run a trial to discover the most effective dose. And since it was all approved by the regulators there is unlikely to be any issue, other than it not being available in USA, so more of the 3 billion doses will be available for the rest of the world.

Some people seem happy with the results anyway:
The Philippine government, together with local private companies, will sign a tripartite agreement with British drugmaker AstraZeneca on Friday for the purchase of its COVID-19 vaccine

They were just pointing out that the Astrazeneca press release does not pass peer review for a scientific paper :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

They seem rather upset that the trial contained two different dosing regimes, they say you can't combine the results and a trial must only have one dosing regime, like the Moderna and pfizer trials did, so the Astrazeneca trial is invalid.

So what are they going to say when they find out that:

Seems a bit silly that you wouldn't be allowed to run a trial to discover the most effective dose. And since it was all approved by the regulators there is unlikely to be any issue, other than it not being available in USA, so more of the 3 billion doses will be available for the rest of the world.

Some people seem happy with the results anyway:

It would be expected that you, Nigel would rationalize these disclosures but the fact is that regulators and many authoritative outside observers with experience in this field are questioning numerous aspects of AstraZenenca's failure to disclose the nature of their findings, the details of the findings as well as the timing and unusual approach to how they were released.

Their approach differs from how Pfizer, BioNTech and Moderna have behaved. Now AstraZeneca finds itself in a position of explaining, denying and backpedaling.

Last edited:
New infected record today with 1636 out of 100.197 tested.
Scientists confirm corona are getting more infectious every time a politician lie or break a law,,,,, we Danes are screwed :LOL:

...Scientists confirm corona are getting more infectious every time a politician lie or break a law,,,,, we Danes are screwed :LOL:
Society as a whole is doomed if that's the case. :(

New infected record today with 1636 out of 100.197 tested.
You need to close your border with Germany, they are losing control, Denmark will follow if you keep the borders open.

Australia closed the borders to everyone, even Australians who are stuck outside the country, as a result they have wiped out the flu, just 2 cases over their autumn-winter season according to the newly released figures:
In the 8 months to 25 August 2020, there have been 42 deaths due to influenza, with 40 of those deaths occurring before 22 April.

Maybe all countries should close their borders for a year, make sure the flu is properly wiped out, might save a lot more lives than these partial lockdowns?

Amazing, you can leave Australia, but you can't go back:
The number of Australians stuck overseas deemed to be in a vulnerable situation has more than doubled since the middle of October to 8,500, according to Dfat. The number of Australians stranded overseas has soared to 35,700, partly because government efforts to increase quarantine capacity so more people can return home have been outweighed by a surge in exemptions allowing people to leave the country.

Society as a whole is doomed if that's the case. :(
We've been doomed since we let politicians run the show :oops: And my county here now leads my State in the percentage of case rise: 40% growth in the last two weeks :cry:

Phil

You are mistaking Phil, they might call them self politicians, but they are populists, which are dangerous on a whole other level as history also have shown us.
Worst part populists are sticky as hell, so if the get a seat in a place it will be hard to dislodge them.

Which is also why i advocate that the Danish parliament should either be filled with concrete from the basement to the rafters, or burned to the ground,,,,,,, which might be hard as our queen live right next door.
And though i am no monarchist, i am also not a arsonist ( though i have been wrongfully accused of that when i was 16 )

Amazing, you can leave Australia, but you can't go back:
anyone can come back, have to do two weeks in hotel quarantine (at your own expense) though if you do, pretty much all our cases have come through the hotel quarantine system, people seem to like to bring the disease with them when they come

The spikes here are still mainly in the suburbs of the capitol, where a lot of exotic people live from cultures where hanging out in large groups are the norm.
And it seem making websites and info sheets in a plethora of languages have not helped,,,,,, really it seem like we just pay the bill and then those guys just want to be left alone by us natives.

anyone can come back, have to do two weeks in hotel quarantine (at your own expense) though if you do, pretty much all our cases have come through the hotel quarantine system, people seem to like to bring the disease with them when they come
Yes, seems the problem is that the hotels are full, and you need to book your two week stay before traveling.

Do you get to use the hotel swimming pool, restaurant and other facilities, or are you confined to your bedroom with no room service for the two weeks?
And what happens if someone in the hotel tests positive, do you have to start counting the days from the start again?

hehe full treatment on the Aussie tax payers dime,,,,,, that sound good for a Dane.

Daily spa treatments and exfoliation and massages, where do i sing up ( if its a sheila that perform those )

Do you get to use the hotel swimming pool, restaurant and other facilities, or are you confined to your bedroom with no room service for the two weeks?
And what happens if someone in the hotel tests positive, do you have to start counting the days from the start again?
it's not a holiday, you're confined to the room, no hotel room service either, crappy take away meals delivered to the rooms, positive results shouldn't impact other rooms but I'm not sure exactly how they handle that

hehe full treat6ment on the Aussie tax payers dime,,,,,, that sound good for a Dane.

Daily spa treatments and exfoliation and massages, where do i sing up ( if its a sheila that perform those )
confined to the room, no frills and you get charged $3000 per person for the privilege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back