COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like each of your states was issued with 200 test kits, some tested their hospital patients, some tested their doctor's patients, some tested the general population (a more useful figure to know), and some stockpiled the test kits in a locked cupboard!

I don't think it is wise to draw any conclusions from that map :unsure:

it's funny how all country goes through the same mistakes from brushing it off to full panic.

It will come to your country too.

Just do the math. 20% of those infected needs hospital and 5% intensive care; once the hospitals are full, if untreated they die.
Check the yearly influenza in your country how many cases you have every year, consider the minimum value and even half it.
Then check how many beds and ICU your country have.
And, by the way.
This happened in italy after few weeks.
Video here, wait for the silly commercial and just start from 6:30
Hospital in italy.jpg

Check the yearly influenza in your country how many cases you have every year, consider the minimum value and even half it.
"The flu vaccine’s failure to protect against some of the key strains of the infection contributed to more than 50,000 “extra” deaths in England and Wales last winter (2016-2017), according to data from the Office of National Statistics."

Maybe Corvid 19 will beat that, or maybe it won't, but the entire world has not yet reached a 10th of that. Given that the failure of the flu vaccine in 2016-2017 removed a large number of those people at risk from Corvid 19, it will be no surprise if it turns out lower, the 50,000 figure is within the range currently predicted.

I don't understand why everybody focus on death rate.
Who cares about death rate?
Once your hospitals are overrun, and you have got a heart attack you won't die of coronavirus or seasonal flu but you will die because the hospital doesn't function anymore becaus some medics are in quarantine or have to tend others.

What is happening now in italy is same as in Field Hospitals during war, with doctors choosing those with higher chances of survival and letting those with less chance or older die.

Life in South Corea. Since Beginning of march peak (1000 new cases/day) they went down to 150 today.
Massive testing (200.000)

Last edited:
Under a week ago we had 3 confirmed cases here, today's numbers are 153, and of those 59 are hospitalized.
just about 800 people are in voluntary quarantine in their home after being near infected people, the first infected Dane was cleared yesterday.
The school across the street from me are still open, unbelievable how loud kids can be, no problem hearing when it is recess.
I feel good and soon have to goo visit my old mother to do some shopping for her, the advise is do not visit elderly or otherwise weak people if you don't feel well.

No, do not visit the elderly also if you feel well.
45% of those infected will show no symptoms.
"The analysis suggests that about 97.5 percent of people who develop symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 infection will do so within 11.5 days of exposure."

It's way better to feel stupid, silly and paranoid than sorry afterwards.

No, do not visit the elderly also if you feel well.
45% of those infected will show no symptoms.
"The analysis suggests that about 97.5 percent of people who develop symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 infection will do so within 11.5 days of exposure."

It's way better to feel stupid, silly and paranoid than sorry afterwards.
If the alternative is that Kamkar's mother goes to the shops herself, then the visit could well save her life! Especially if precautions are taken, like sitting on opposite sides of the room so they don't spit on each other while talking.

No my YOB 1945 mother are not going anywhere, she can barely stand up and shuffle around in her small apartment, she also fell and bent 2 ribs 2 weeks ago, i must do the shopping for her cuz no other will or can, my sister have no car and to get a but to the town my mother live in she have to take a massive detour.
Really she should be in a nursing home, but she are a stubborn old lady and don't want to, and it is not easy to force her into such a place.
Latest news in retired medical people are called in and even medical students, worst case scenario is 60.000 will need hospital help, something Danish hospitals are in no way able to handle.
This will of course also have a cascade effect on cancer patients ASO.

I am fortunate i do not surround myself with many people, so for me to get the bug take a bit more than the average Dane, corona or not i tend to stay away from crowds of Danes.

I dont mind if this kill my mother, if i was in her situation i would have killed myself or forced someone to kill me a long time ago, living like that are just not a option for me.

worst case scenario is 60.000 will need hospital help, something Danish hospitals are in no way able to handle.
The same number visiting the UK Cheltenham horse racing festival today, and again tomorrow and the following 2 days. It is not really a large number, especially if it is spread out a bit.

We also had the big annual horse show in a town called Herning, plenty of people there and hosts not abiding by the recommendations to not have large assemblies of people.
My horse crazy niece was there again this year.

In relation to canceled events, there are already talks about suing the government, and talks there about giving money to these poor unfortunate people whose events have been cancelled due to this.
If i was in charge no one would get a dime.

If the alternative is that Kamkar's mother goes to the shops herself, then the visit could well save her life! Especially if precautions are taken, like sitting on opposite sides of the room so they don't spit on each other while talking.
No, he need just to leave the goods she needs on the door step.
That's it.

My mother can not get up if she got down there, she do have a alarm bracelet but it can take hours before those guys come,,,, like everything care for the elderly have been downsized too.
Just don't know what the use the money for instead.
The old lady can only get up on her own if the chair have armrests ( like her toilet ) or of there is a table in front she can lean over to get support while getting up.
She cant even take a bath on her own, so that's something she get every couple of weeks at best,,,,,,, but that's something i can not help her with.
besides with the taxes she have paid, i don't think she should, IMO she should get a bath at least every week, and caretakers should check up on her every day, and not like now every week.
Hell they cant even clean the wooden floor, that's something i and my sister have to do as it otherwise get as sticky as i piece of fly paper.

it's funny how all country goes through the same mistakes from brushing it off to full panic.

It will come to your country too.

UK, France, Germany will be like Italy unless more serious containment measures are introduced.

The current estimate of the R nought is something like 2.2 to 2.6 which is much higher than seasonal flu and higher than estimated for the 1918 flu pandemic.
The mortality rate for normal seasonal flu is 0.05%, COVID-19 estimates around 2%

Here in the UK they are playing the "lets wait and see" game, and most people don't really seem to be following basic hygiene advice.

Our dirty, lying rat news media continue attacking Pres.Trump over this outrageous chinese health control snafu!
USA daily new cases: 270
China daily new cases: 7

Your press may have a reasonably point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back