COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this fiasco which likely resulted from a lab leak I wonder if bio weapon type research will be abandoned for the future. It is obvious that there can be no winner in bio warfare and the price is to high to even try.

After this fiasco which likely resulted from a lab leak I wonder if bio weapon type research will be abandoned for the future. It is obvious that there can be no winner in bio warfare and the price is to high to even try.

Please document and explain your conspiracy theory that this was "likely" a bio weapon lab leak.

I did not say what you imply I did, and here you are doing the exact same thing you admonish others for in trying to obfuscate the issue while not showing at all what you claim.

And you sir owe me an apology for putting words in my mouth which I never said.

Phil

I did not say what you imply I did, and here you are doing the exact same thing you admonish others for in trying to obfuscate the issue while not showing at all what you claim.

And you sir owe me an apology for putting words in my mouth which I never said.

Phil

I quoted you. Now you say I put words in your mouth? What a joke!

Despite a spike in US COVID cases due to the Delta variant around the country the real hot spots are well defined and localized with Florida and Louisiana at the top of the list. It is primarily a problem in the southeastern states.

covid_hot_spots.jpg

I haven't followed what's happening 'over the pond' that closely.

Do you have the same as here that infections are not being followed by deaths as last year so the infection rate is arguably not the figure to watch.

Despite a spike in US COVID cases due to the Delta variant around the country the real hot spots are well defined and localized with Florida and Louisiana at the top of the list. It is primarily a problem in the southeastern states.

View attachment 57632
I don’t see any green!

I haven't followed what's happening 'over the pond' that closely.

Do you have the same as here that infections are not being followed by deaths as last year so the infection rate is arguably not the figure to watch.
Delta is still arriving there, so things are yet to get bad. Most places don’t have sufficient vaccination so the hospitals will still overflow.

I quoted you. Now you say I put words in your mouth? What a joke!
Where did you quote me? Which post? Copy and paste it here for all to see, and do NOT show what someone else has said- only me.

Everyone here can see the post he's using as a basis to put words in my mouth has nor been edited or altered in any way, and neither does it contain the words he claims it does.

Joke? No joke. You owe me an apology. Be man enough to admit your mistake and I can be man enough to forgive it.

Phil

Where did you quote me? Which post? Copy and paste it here for all to see, and do NOT show what someone else has said- only me.

Everyone here can see the post he's using as a basis to put words in my mouth has nor been edited or altered in any way, and neither does it contain the words he claims it does.

Joke? No joke. You owe me an apology. Be man enough to admit your mistake and I can be man enough to forgive it.

Phil

Speaking of reading comprehension, if you want to see where I quoted you why don't you just look at my posts above. They've already been copied and posted for all to see. Plus, I've already quoted you twice actually. So, stop playing games and dodging your own words. The simple fact is that there are not "Huge increases in new cases all over" as you claimed. There are "huge" increases in some parts of the country but not "all over" as you claim. In many parts of the country the increases are far more modest. And practically all the spikes mirror the vaccination rates within each state with the biggest spikes in states with low vaccination rates.

So no, I'm not going to apologize over your ridiculous hissy fit, as I've said nothing that is untrue. I simply pointed out why I disagree with your remarks.

Many states, like Vermont for example, have had only a relatively modest spike in cases due to the Delta variant. We had 55 new positive cases yesterday, only 3 people in the hospital with zero in the ICU and only 3 deaths during the entire month of July.
You do have a small population though, so those 55 new positive cases are actually 0.22% of your total cases over the entire pandemic, which is a very significant increase on a month ago when you were averaging just 4 cases per day. Given that a lot of your population got vaccinated early and so by now their antibodies will have worn off, you should expect the Delta to spread widely and cause problems amongst the unvaccinated, and there are quite a few unvaccinated left despite having a relatively high vaccine uptake, most of which have not had any natural exposure, so you do not have herd immunity. In UK we got to about 94% with current antibodies before reaching herd immunity, you are a long way off with most of your state below 80%.

You do have a small population though, so those 55 new positive cases are actually 0.22% of your total cases over the entire pandemic, which is a very significant increase on a month ago when you were averaging just 4 cases per day. Given that a lot of your population got vaccinated early and so by now their antibodies will have worn off, you should expect the Delta to spread widely and cause problems amongst the unvaccinated, and there are quite a few unvaccinated left despite having a relatively high vaccine uptake, most of which have not had any natural exposure, so you do not have herd immunity. In UK we got to about 94% with current antibodies before reaching herd immunity, you are a long way off with most of your state below 80%.

We have 5 cases per hundred thousand, up from 3 previously. Percentage wise that sounds rather dramatic but it isn't. We literally have the lowest case rate and lowest death rate and have since the pandemic began.

There is no evidence that Delta is spreading widely and our vaccination programs are still in full swing. I think you just make stuff up when it suits you. It is like when you accused Vermont of having a higher excess mortality rate than the COVID figures suggested which was pure B.S. We did experience a small spike in traffic fatalities however which meant that our traffic fatalities exceeded our COVID fatalities by a small percentage.

I think bio weapon research was abandoned a long time ago, as a mutual agreement just like we saw in Nuclear weapons.
The bio weapons they already had then, well that was some very nasty stuff too, even if i think most of them was tarted munitions, and not just something you let out in the wild, cuz that could backfire so bad.

We Danes saw more lifts in things today, you can now follow the football / soccer team you are addicted to in their away matches, and more places where you do not have to flash a corona passport, also a lift in larger events like concerts ASO, though still some minor restrictions here.
Also more people allowed in public transport ASO.

57 in hospital here ( up 3 from yesterday ) , 8 in ICU and the 7 of those are on a ventilator,,,,,, a kid did die from the stuff yesterday and here in my area of the country, this is the #2 child to die from corona here.
Numbers like that i think should not warrant any panic to set in.
By tomorrow 3.2 mill Danes will be fully vaccinated, 26.500 was shot up in the past 24 hours, 4.24 mill have gotten at least 1 jab.

54 % here is fully vaccinated, on a global level just 14. 45% of the population have been fully vaccinated.

Graph of fully vaccinated in 5 Countries ( Denmark - US - UK - Australian and Sweden )

all shot up.jpg

I have contacted my guy in goobertment saying we need to get stuff to Australia, those guys need to get a move on.

Last edited:
I saw some Asian country now offer a #3 booster jab to healthcare workers ( AZ vaccine ) people there having gotten one or the other of 2 Chinese vaccines.
Israel also do this, but so far just offering to people 60 or older.

I think all vaccine brands recommend a #3 booster jab, why wouldn't they more money for us then. :cautious:

As this topic is one of the most heated ones on the site and there are strong opinions, please avoid insults to other members at a personal, country, regional level or even attacks based on beliefs. Will lock the thread if it continues.

Please document and explain your conspiracy theory that this was "likely" a bio weapon lab leak.
I did not say a bio-weapon lab leak. I said a lab leak.

Gain of function research where scientists try to make viruses even more deadly is a bio weapon TYPE (or style of) research whether the final product is intended to be used as a bio weapon or not. The enhanced virus could have that deadly biological warfare result either when released on purpose or when accidentally released in a lab accident. This is no conspiracy theory. This is scientific fact! There has been an ongoing discussion about whether or not gain of function research should be banned because of its inherent dangers.

When it is plausible, or about as likely as not likely I can safely say it is likely but will not say it is confirmed.

Last edited:
Germany just slammed the door on us Danes again, though this time just to the tune of a corona passport or a fresh test, so we can still do the traditional trip to shops just across the border to save a little dime on every day items.
Actually i am getting a passport soon so i can drive my little sister there as she still dont like driving far with her busted up knee after her work place accident.
As a good brother i of course have no problem driving her a few 100 Km back and forth, there might even be a little in it for me too.

By the sound of Danish news it seem like Florida is struggling again.

I dont know if it is needed to mess with covid and other infectious deceases like it appear people have, in general i preach "dont go there if you dont absolutely have to"
At least by the events of the past year, it seem like if someone messed with corona, they sure as hell did not learn anything from it, or maybe they did and thats why it only took a year to come up with several vaccines, CUZ historically it take much longer to develop a vaccine for something.

I did not say a bio-weapon lab leak. I said a lab leak.
The lab in Wuhan specializes in virology research on an international level but there is speculation that there could have been a leak. However there is no evidence that COVID is a bio-weapon. In fact, analysis of the virus so far actually suggests that is of natural origin. We may never know but to say it is "likely" is merely an opinionated speculation devoid of any facts.

So well yes, technically you said "lab leak" but then you immediately speculate that "bio weapon type research will be abandoned". This is precisely the kind of innuendo we hear on Fox News where an opinion host like Tucker Carlson will talk out of both sides of his mouth tying together two disparate comments in an attempt to put ideas in people's heads and then later denying that he said what he said.

This is another example of a member playing semantics with the actual comments they post. You were clearly implying that the alleged "lab leak" was a bio-weapon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back