COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
July 19 was England's Freedom day, the end of all covid legal restrictions:

1627586442395.png

"Something extraordinary has happened":

"Scientists admit, no one saw this coming"!!!

it is very likely that new cases will start dropping following freedom day even with all restrictions removed, including masks..

The scientists are coming up with all sorts of "possible" explanations, but the data clearly showed it coming without any of their explanations!

Last edited:

Instead of corralling large crowds, police horses today munched on grass in Sydney's Hyde Park.

The ABC found last week's rally was spearheaded by a German-based conspiracy group who also organised similar marches in Melbourne and Queensland.

Have they learned a lesson as the hospitals start to fill up?

Doesn't seems like any of the lockdown or other measures have made any difference, not even enforcing lockdown by putting the army on the streets, the number of daily cases is still heading almost vertically and looks like it will continue until herd immunity starts to take effect:

1627724540897.png

Professor Greg Dore, an infectious diseases expert with Sydney’s Kirby Institute, this week said Australia would look back at “anti-AstraZenecism” as one of the greatest public health failings in many years.

The number of unused AstraZeneca vaccine doses has increased to three million, despite repeated claims that Australia’s vaccine rollout is being hampered by a lack of supply.

I hear the AU army is on the streets in some places ?

I guess if the dogs will not learn with treats, it will have to learn using the stick. ( not that i advocate hitting dogs, but people behaving like animal's,,,, no problem )

I hear the AU army is on the streets in some places ?
The UK military has been busy too, but not using sticks! They have been doing useful things, like driving the ambulances when too many ambulance drivers were isolating, supplying oxygen when the hospitals were using more than they could handle, flying vaccines to remote islands (Places like Ascension Island, 2000 Km from land, have been a bit cut off recently), etc., and less useful things like building field hospitals that weren't needed!

Here is the Royal Navy using needles:
Royal%20Navy%20medics%20giving%20Coronavirus%20vaccine%20at%20Bristol%20vaccination%20hub%20Ashton%20Gate%20140121%20CREDIT%20MOD%20CROWN%20COPYRIGHT%20.jpg

It is nice to see a armed force do good, most cases they dont, some times even get down right abused by their controllers.
You guys and us Danes we did nothing in Helnand Afghanistan, other than have our boys die there and burn money, their sacrifice will be invane,,,, and i for one am PO about that.

Here in the Vermont the National Guard has been deployed to distribute food, run COVID testing sites and administer vaccines at some of the many pop-up clinics around the state. Recently the Vermont National Guard has also been helping out with the severe flooding in some locations. Many other states have also deployed the Guard as part of their COVID efforts.

Interestingly, earlier in the pandemic, Trump would only prioritize full funding of National Guard deployment in "Red" states. (as if he thinks millions of Republicans and Conservatives don't live in "Blue" states)

guard2.jpg

guard1.jpg

guard3.jpg

and the hospitals are not ready...
Not just Florida, it's every State here and especially the big metropolitan areas. Huge increases in new cases all over, and almost all the deaths/hospitalized are the unvaccinated :cautious: Unfortunately that category includes a lot of children who weren't ever eligible for a vaccine :(

The good news here is that Courts have ruled that employers may require vaccination as part of the employment requirement and many are doing that, especially Hospitals (where you'd think they'd have enough sense to do that voluntarily al;ready but apparently a lot haven't o_O). And some States/ Counties/Citys are doing similar with their employees, or requiring regular tests for the unvaccinated. Also in States where it's allowed some stores are beginning to refuse entrance to the unvaccinated in order to better protect their employees and sensible customers who got their jabs :cool:

But what I'm liking most is that the vultures of mass media are spotlighting the more vocal anti-vaxxers who catch Covid19 then suddenly change their mind about it :LOL:
So nice to have the stupid being portrayed fairly (y) while the extremist right-wing news outlets try to run away from the nonsense they previously puked out and replace the content with something- anything- which they can claim as being more important news :sleep:

The Delta variant is a game-changer worldwide, and like the original version is going to bring about massive harsh responses out of need. With Delta the vaccines are less effective but still worthwhile. Those who thought this was over or waning are in for a very rude waking and I'd advise my fellow dashcammers to remember what happened during the first round of this fight and to be ready for this round.

Phil

Not just Florida, it's every State here and especially the big metropolitan areas.

Making the claim that every state, like Florida has "more cases than ever before" is simply not true. Many states, like Vermont for example, have had only a relatively modest spike in cases due to the Delta variant. We had 55 new positive cases yesterday, only 3 people in the hospital with zero in the ICU and only 3 deaths during the entire month of July.

Governor Ron DeSantis of Florida has been about as reckless and irresponsible as any leader of any US state, although he has some good competition.

The Delta variant is a game-changer worldwide, and like the original version is going to bring about massive harsh responses out of need. With Delta the vaccines are less effective but still worthwhile.
The vaccines are not just "worthwhile", they are essential!

Looking at the New South Wales figures, one person is dying for every 134 cases (numbers still too low to be accurate), and there are a significant number of vaccinated there. Those that were gambling on waiting for something other than AZ vaccine were/are making a big mistake, especially given the recent report that the number of blood clots from AZ is the same as from PB!

It is nice to see a armed force do good, most cases they dont, some times even get down right abused by their controllers.
You guys and us Danes we did nothing in Helnand Afghanistan, other than have our boys die there and burn money, their sacrifice will be invane,,,, and i for one am PO about that.
We will have to wait and see what the result is, we put a lot of effort into training the army there, which should mean they can defend the cities, then the question is what happens with all the cities effectively under long term siege. As long as they can hang on to an airport then they should be OK, except for effectively turning into refugee camps! Long term it is an education issue, and I think so far that has been very successful, trouble is that it was always going to take multiple generations to complete.

I'm sure I read somewhere that AZ have been subject to dirty tactics by the other 'profit making' vaccine producers because the AZ not for profit regime is significantly reducing their profits.

Under the circumstances is making a significant profit ethical.

As a result AZ may pull out and return to their profit making business only.

Making the claim that every state, like Florida has "more cases than ever before" is simply not true.
I never claimed that. What I said was that there are huge increases in cases all over, and compared to recent weeks there are.

WTF ever happened to reading comprehension? :(

Phil

I'm sure I read somewhere that AZ have been subject to dirty tactics by the other 'profit making' vaccine producers because the AZ not for profit regime is significantly reducing their profits.

Under the circumstances is making a significant profit ethical.

As a result AZ may pull out and return to their profit making business only.

Astrazeneca said:
"We just reached this very important milestone, one billion doses, on a global basis for our partners, and ourselves, and we are of course working to deliver even more around the world and we have been true to our commitment to broaden equitable access.

"A large proportion, more than 60%, of our deliveries are to low-middle income countries and we've made a huge difference.

"Now we haven't made any profit out of it - we said we will be at no profit and no loss and of course from one quarter to the other, we may make a few cents of loss or profit, but more or less it's around zero.

When Dashmellow reads posts, he always sees what he wants to see, doesn't matter what you were saying!

I never claimed that. What I said was that there are huge increases in cases all over, and compared to recent weeks there are.

Phil

Reading comprehension? I quoted you!

Not just Florida, it's every State here and especially the big metropolitan areas. Huge increases in new cases all over...

And you were directly responding to @Nigel's post of a news item about Florida with the title "Florida has more new Covid cases than ever before" when you said, "It's every state here". As I earlier, that is simply not true. It is not every state here!

You can play with semantics all you like, but that is exactly what you said.

There are not "Huge increases in new cases all over". Many states such Vermont have had only modest increases in cases and certainly not "more new cases than ever before".

When Dashmellow reads posts, he always sees what he wants to see, doesn't matter what you were saying!

To use a word you are so fond of saying Nigel, RUBBISH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back