COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And from the same article purporting to show that things are 'cool' the following
Yes, the gloom and doom experts don’t want to admit that they may have been wrong, but we will find out for sure next week…

And from the same article purporting to show that things are 'cool' the following:

" ...the statistics do not capture the impact of unlocking that happened on 19 July."

"...this may just be a temporary slowing in reports before we start to see a return to exponential growth towards the end of next week as a result of the ending of restrictions last week."

"...data from the Office for National Statistics based on swab tests in the community suggests 1.3% of the population - or one in 80 people - has the virus, up from one in 100 the week before.

• one in 75 people have the virus in England - compared to one in 95 the week before
  • in Scotland it is one in 80 - compared to one in 90 the week before
  • in Wales it is one in 210 - compared to one in 360 previously
  • in Northern Ireland it is one in 170 - compared to one in 290"

It's just more of the same playbook. For whatever his reasons may be, Nigel has been attempting to downplay the severity of the pandemic in the UK since the beginning regardless of the facts. How many times have we seen Nigel put a happy face spin on the situation, minimizing how serious this disease is and predicting that the crisis has passed only to see another enormous spike in case numbers, deaths and suffering?

The fact of the matter is that each and every nation in its own way is experiencing the ebb and flow of the most serious health crisis the world has seen in over one hundred years and we are a long way from it being over.

Last edited:
The UK figures may not be down. Kids are now on school hols so are not getting tested at the school gates like a week ago. That's got to be a huge drop.

The UK figures may not be down. Kids are now on school hols so are not getting tested at the school gates like a week ago. That's got to be a huge drop.
Yeah here the numbers as are higher, but testing rates have also doubled so they're catching more as a result, I'm sure the opposite would be true when testing rates decline

Still a million tests a day, not decreased at all!

I think they have moved all the spare tests that were going to the schools into the food industry to help with the pingdemic.

# of tests here have dropped off significant and are now under 100.000 daily, and for what they do test they find 500 - 1000 new infected every day.
The number of people in hospital also hover around 50 or so, yesterday was -2 there across the board, so 2 less in there, 2 less in ICU, and 2 less on ventilator.

I got my dive bottles filled yesterday and the traffic into the dive shop was good, people shopping for scuba gear before going on holiday abroad.

Yeah here the numbers as are higher, but testing rates have also doubled so they're catching more as a result, I'm sure the opposite would be true when testing rates decline
Still looks like the track and trace has lost control, and there is far from sufficient lockdown, probably need to ban food shopping to get delta under control now! Might make sense to get yourself signed up for end of day leftover vaccine if your first dose is still some time away.

I see selfish protestors are out on the streets in Sydney, just like our so called Men In Balck and others here, there have almost been some kind of protest in front of our parliament since it all started, though some times it is just a few people banging on pots and pans making a little noise.

Still looks like the track and trace has lost control, and there is far from sufficient lockdown, probably need to ban food shopping to get delta under control now! Might make sense to get yourself signed up for end of day leftover vaccine if your first dose is still some time away.
Only going to get worse since we had 3.5k self entitled morons out protesting in the city today, ironically calling for an end to lockdown, their actions have pretty much guaranteed to have the lockdown extended

Can't find anything on the 'Delta" variant here today, but it seems the "Lambda" variant is in St. Louis MO in our mid-west :( SC is now open to administer vaccination to anyone age 12 and over so at least one thing is going right here. Now if the un-vaccinated numbskulls would just take advantage of the opportunity...

Phil

The only "Delta" i acknowledge, but even if i am all shot up, i am not going to mess with Chuck N.

lW94s7xxkdOzYcueaqGJwcVVvjt.jpg

Only going to get worse since we had 3.5k self entitled morons out protesting in the city today, ironically calling for an end to lockdown, their actions have pretty much guaranteed to have the lockdown extended
If only it were that natural selection worked in days/weeks instead of generations... :rolleyes:

Can't find anything on the 'Delta" variant here today, but it seems the "Lambda" variant is in St. Louis MO in our mid-west :( SC is now open to administer vaccination to anyone age 12 and over so at least one thing is going right here. Now if the un-vaccinated numbskulls would just take advantage of the opportunity...

Phil
You have an additional problem, in that the antibodies in the people who were vaccinated first have started to expire, which means the vaccines are no longer preventing spread of the virus. Not an issue if everyone is vaccinated because then it is just a cold, but where half or more of the population is still unvaccinated...

the antibodies in the people who were vaccinated first have started to expire,.
I thought the T-cells would recognize the virus and create more antibodies when needed making the depletion of antibodies irrelevant.

I thought the T-cells would recognize the virus and create more antibodies when needed making the depletion of antibodies irrelevant.
Yes, but with COVID, and especially Delta, people are becoming infectious and spreading the virus before the T-cells have manufactured enough new antibodies. People are just getting mild cold symptoms, but they are also spreading the virus.

The unvaccinated don’t do so well, even the young are sometimes dying of Delta.

Danes on holiday abroad, and having contracted corona are flying home, but they was supposed to isolate where they are, but knowing well this mean paying for more days on the hotel and book and pay a new plane home, they just board a plane and fly home.

Selfish pricks we are too.

News here say the UK might have a pingdemic, meaning their corna APP is pinging so many people that have been close to a infected that the whole country are almost grinding to a stop.

Yes, they didn't think that one out.

The Gov are introducing a list of jobs that can ignore the ping if they are double jabbed.

They're making it up as they go along.

Yes, they didn't think that one out.

The Gov are introducing a list of jobs that can ignore the ping if they are double jabbed.

They're making it up as they go along.
No, they shouldn't ignore it, but they can get tested daily to avoid the 10 days self isolation.

Not sure why it is a big news issue this wave though, we are seeing the same numbers of pings to self isolate as in the last wave, the app has just been doing its job as normal, avoiding about a quarter of cases, or maybe just delaying them, and the numbers of pings should be dropping off now as this wave has passed its peak.

600,000 pings a week to self isolate for 10 days is a lot of pings, but that was in the middle of the Delta wave, in a few weeks time this pingdemic will be over, and right now is when the app is most useful in bringing the wave to an earlier end.

News here say the UK might have a pingdemic, meaning their corna APP is pinging so many people that have been close to a infected that the whole country are almost grinding to a stop.
That is what the news is saying, but they wanted something to complain about, other than that the case numbers are dropping after freedom day! There are a few problems, some supermarkets have run out of some fresh food, yogurt disappeared from ours, but the selection of fresh fish was much better than normal - more to do with Brexit than pings!

I do seem like bad news is the best news, almost the only news.
Not anything i put much trust in, just a mention, if things was bad i trust i would hear it here from English menbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back