COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a big open air farmers market here that have been running every year since 1750 or something, not this year for the first time ever.

It seems the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem has that beat. It was last closed during the Black Plague of the 1300s and is now closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Last edited:
As i recall that is also a very popular spot during Easter, so probably a good idea.
I have seen in the news Orthodox Jews not giving a damn about rules of assembly in Israel, so they was manhandled by the army who are used to deal with people not wanting to move / go away.

idiots like this

That much tp would last me for about 3 centuries.
I was told one woman bought 400 tp in one store near here.
Craigslist is taking down flagged overpriced tp ads.

An unsettling development:

Coronavirus: low antibody levels raise questions about reinfection risk
  • Scientists in Shanghai say some recovered patients show no signs of the neutralising proteins
  • Early-stage findings could have implications for vaccine development and herd immunity, they say

"Researchers in Shanghai hope to determine whether some recovered coronavirus patients have a higher risk of reinfection after finding surprisingly low levels of Covid-19 antibodies in a number of people discharged from hospital.
A team from Fudan University analyzed blood samples from 175 patients discharged from the Shanghai Public Health Clinical Centre and found that nearly a third had unexpectedly low levels of antibodies."

"In some cases, antibodies could not be detected at all."

"The low amounts of antibodies could affect herd immunity, resistance to the disease among the general population to stop its spread."

Unless the store manager snapped and stabbed this employees to death would a thing like that happen here, and then you as a relative to a murdered person would probably not be able to sue, or have much say in if you getting any money for the loss of your loved one.
Just one of the places where our much similar and friendly countries are nothing alike.

BTW store employees here also don't have gloves or masks, at least not in the 2 places where i do my shopping, if anything they might have some hand sanitizer.
The girls in the bakery outlet in the one store do have gloves, but that's not out of the ordinary they always had that, and its not even a must use think sometimes they don't use them, or just on the one hand they handle the bread with.

I do notice people are annoyed of me only using cash, but they just have to deal with that cuz i am not going plastic or digital on money.

TP is life's #1 priority. If you don't believe that, see how happy wifey is when you let her run out of it :eek: And we all know that if she's not happy you won't be happy either :rolleyes:

Only a couple restaurants have gone to no cash pay here, and they have you pay when ordering then they bring it to your car as the law now prescribes; no "dine-in" allowed till this is over :( Not knowing how things would go I made sure to have plenty of smaller notes so I round up to the next dollar and tell them to keep the change so that I'm not handling someone else's stuff. I know mine is safe as it's been in my control for weeks. When out, I did see folks using the touch-keys on the CC machines as if they were safe, and when you consider that more people use that plastic pay than anything else, that touchpad has had the highest numbers of personal hand contact of just about anything :cautious: I use my ink pen to push the old-fashioned buttons on the keypad at my storage place, but that's no good when it's a capacitive-screen touchpad which is far more common to find these days. In-person payments are one of the things that will probably see widespread change when this is over, but you can be sure cash will still be in common use.

The local "mountain music" station is playing John Prine heavily today. Kind of expected that. Damn sad we're losing so many well-known and well-loved people to this disease. More than just finding a solution to Covid-19 we need to find a way to better handle all the diseases like this; our world can't take things like this happening on a regular basis.

Phil

A Antonov cargo plane full of personal protection gear landed here, donated by Maersk shipping,,,,,,,, which in turn mean Danish tax payers them self paid for it many times over in the end.

fly.jpg

It do seem like this kind of stuff on the global market are like you are in a ebay bidding frenzy with the rest of the world.
I would personally advocate for we as soon as possible make out own instead ( we have already sent some stuff back to china as it was not up to the standards we expect here )

All of your face masks are belong to us ;)

O on a funny / WTF / you have got to be kidding me, note.
In the cathedral in Copenhagen preaching will be done in front of printed selfies.

As also practiced in Italy.
03ab2007-9fbc-487b-954e-0d041a8de827.jpg

I am sorry but i am like REALLY ? :rolleyes:

O and BTW, They have just done a test using 1500 or so blood donors, looking for corona antibodies ASO. ( 22 was or had been infected )
And extrapolating from their numbers about 150.000 Danes are infected ATM, BUT ! the WHO general death toll estimate of 1-3% is using those numbers wayyyyyyy over the actual deaths we see here in Denmark.
So the extrapolated actual death rate here in Denmark just now are 0.16%
And that number might actually be larger ( estimated infected ) as blood donors here in general are in better health than the general public, so even more can actually be sick or have been sick with the virus, and that in turn mean the death rate might be even lower too.

O and they now urge all Danes to DL and install a APP on their phone that let them track you all the time and see who you have been near ( need GPS and BT to be on all the time )

I think NOT ! for this little invisible tin hat wearing guy :cautious:

So if you want your family to be safe in the future, better get some good wholesome Danes genes into your family blood ASAP :giggle:
PS: I am not marrying anybody's daughter, shotgun or not.

Last edited:
O and BTW, They have just done a test using 1500 or so blood donors, looking for corona antibodies ASO. ( 22 was or had been infected )
If you only had 22 in every 1500 infected/recovered then you would be nowhere near the peak, even with restrictions in place!

I suspect the antibody test is not working reliably, like everybody else's antibody tests!

Good to see that you are opening the schools again soon, should speed things up a bit as the infections are slowing down and get it finished.

I have a sneaky feeling "they" also figured that out, but as "they" live to please, so they cant just go out and say " we have to endanger your health more"
Good thing is the cross parliament agreement on things seem to be fading fast, i do hope this result in a new election ASAP.

You loose some, you win some, or you have to play to win, concepts most Danes don't get.

So looking forward to seeing how many Danish parents keep their precious little snowflakes away from school when they open.

If you only had 22 in every 1500 infected/recovered then you would be nowhere near the peak, even with restrictions in place!

I suspect the antibody test is not working reliably, like everybody else's antibody tests!

Good to see that you are opening the schools again soon, should speed things up a bit as the infections are slowing down and get it finished.
Have you intentionally got yourself infected yet? If not, why not do what you advocate for Danish children and just “get it finished”?

Hehe well there is the Russian roulette part of the damn thing. :giggle:
But something have to be done as the world can not remain in a lockdown, even if the stuff are not going to behave like the Spanish Flu it might see a even stronger resurgence if we just go "back to usual"
Im okay with them using kids,,,,, cuz i don't have any, and no one in the 8 apartments on my address have kids, but some next door do, not that i see or hear them much even in none virus days.

bTMi9dntwx7wqqdDDyNigJ-650-80.png

Last edited:
Have you intentionally got yourself infected yet? If not, why not do what you advocate for Danish children and just “get it finished”?
The school children have a duty to do for the good of the country, just like the health workers have been doing.

If there was a significant risk to the children then it would be a different situation, but the numbers of children dying from this virus are far less than from flu, whooping cough, measles etc., even though we have vaccines for those.

It is funny people are still dying from things that are eradicated, make one think and most often come up empty.

Kids i am sure are always the carriers in any kind of situation from ordinary fly to whatever, damn little snot bombs they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back