COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Professors Who Call ‘Bull****’ on Covid-19 Misinformation

EDIT: (It has come to my attention that the auto-censorship algorithm here on DCT that inserts asterisks into words like Bull**** will break the link to the article I've cited. It's an excellent, worthwhile article that I think many of you will find interesting. In order to view it you will need to manually correct the link in the URL or go to WIRED Magazine's COVID-19 coverage home page and scroll down to find the article.)

Perhaps @DashCamMan has the ability to suspend the auto censoring in this individual thread? I mean, it's not as if we all don't hear, see, read and say words like **** all the time. What year is this anyway? George Carlin's famous monologue "Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television" happened 48 years ago. Times have changed. WIRED Magazine and certain other prominent publications seem to think so.

"The best way to improve your Covid-19 information diet right now is to—as with the SARS-nCoV-2 virus itself—minimize your exposure."

"The Covid-19 crisis has also unleashed a plague of beguiling but confusing or even misleading charts and maps."

"Once information has been amplified online, it can come to be seen as authoritative even by people who should know better."

covidtweets.jpg

Last edited:
I'm watching the live town hall meeting on Fox this morning.

There's a scrolling ticker on the screen showing US cases and deaths, and worldwide cases and deaths. The US is at a 1.2% mortality rate, but sadly, the worldwide fatality rate is 4.4%.

The US is now over 300,000 tests conducted with an under 10% infection rate. Unfortunately, NYC is at a 28% infection rate.

Seasonal flu in the US has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%, so a fatality rate of 1.2% from COVID-19 would be magnitudes greater.

Still, the main risk of the coronavirus outbreak isn’t that you’re going to get sick and die, it’s that unlike the typical flu season so many people are going to get sick so quickly that healthcare services and infrastructure are going to be completely overwhelmed. This may result in a far higher number of fatalities than might currently be inferred from the projected death rates from COVID-19 itself. Hopefully, efforts currently underway to bolster our healthcare systems will be effective enough to mitigate the fatality rate.

Here in the days to come they expect the number of people in hospital to double every 4 days.

AVG age of the dead here so far are 77 years.

Here in the days to come they expect the number of people in hospital to double every 4 days.

AVG age of the dead here so far are 77 years.
Seems a low age, any information on what nationality they are?

"In 2016, the Italian embassy in London estimated that 600,000 Italians were resident in the UK "
Seems we may have 2 million Italians or descendants of Italians. I'm thinking we might see some similar issues to Italy among them.

One societal problem that may lead to higher rates of infection than should happen is illegal drug use. I was told that many drugs come here from New York. Since NY has high rates of corona virus the drug dealers could spread the infection far and wide. Drug users would likely travel far into quarantined areas to get their fix. By the time sickness is noticed by the infected drug dealers or users they could have spread the virus into many areas.

I wonder if it is to much to hope that even drug dealers and drug users will self-isolate.

It would be interesting to learn if this is at least part of why the virus spread so fast.

If you check walmart often they might offer a limit of 1 toilet paper package for home delivery. They run out very quickly. I suggest having a cart of other items ready to buy and when the tp becomes available add it to your cart and check out FASSSTTTTT!!!

One time it took me to long to add tp and go through the cart. By the time I could click on buy now walmart was out of tp yet again. I have seen this happen several times. To those who need some tp I can only say good luck.

The race car everyone wants to have these days.

20200323233726-29e81d92.png

People used to have a different kind of complaint regarding tp.

No i would not know, and i don't think anyone would keep such a database here as that would be considered racist for some reason.

It would be very nice if this virus would target the weak in other manners of weak aside for health, weakness seem a big thing here something many aspire for as that will make them totally independent ( taking money from others are not considered dependence here only natural )
Good thing is this fab for weakness have been going on so long here now, that many of those people are pretty old now some maybe even as old as retirement age ( 67 )
Our problem go as far back as the summer of love at least.

And still no one get it :) the society here only marginally protect itself against these people and so so at the highest cost and risk, it should and could do a much better job even without throwing those people to the curb.
You cant make them more poor, they are generally at the bottom of the society anyway, though the very worst of these live comfortable life's often by praying on other people in some way.

A Danish still / brewery are now changing from making drinkable stuff to making hand sanitizer, ( by distilling batches of beer and Cider to much stronger alcohol ( So far 8000L of beer have been turned into much stronger alcohol, next up are 17,200 L Cider )
imagescaler

I respect people like that (y) not the Cun.. that are in government.

PS: Danish hospitals use about 1000 L of hand sanitizer in a day.
On every days use a hospital use a few visors for face / eye protection, this number have gone up by a factor of several 1000, so one factory so far have dedicated one line to making those ( designed and tooled for in 2 days ) since Friday they have been producing 24/7.

1585111254915.jpeg

Once again RESPECT (y)

Around 80 factories as members of Danish Industry are ready to make / do whatever, also something i respect (y)

Got this on my mind lately, i just hear My Corona.

Seems a low age, any information on what nationality they are?

"In 2016, the Italian embassy in London estimated that 600,000 Italians were resident in the UK "
Seems we may have 2 million Italians or descendants of Italians. I'm thinking we might see some similar issues to Italy among them.

OMG....
Listen, genetically "italians' Doesn't mean much, thus it depends from which area they are from.

One of the worst affected area is Bergamo, thus you will see something SIMILAR (if there is a genetic link with the worst affected area) in norther-western England.
Bergamo 80%.png
Check it out for both GErmanic and Celtic DNA over there
Haplogroups_europe.jpg

Listen, genetically "italians' Doesn't mean much, thus it depends from which area they are from.
Yes, that is pretty obvious, central north Italy has far higher problems than eastern north Italy, but I have no way of knowing where in Italy the British Italians, who are largely located in London, came from. Even less chance of finding out where the "Romans" who came here during the Roman Empire and created London actually came from, many of those would not even have been from Italy, certainly not Rome, but there are apparently 1 million of their descendents here.

Most of those DNA maps you are posting appear to have no correlation to the covid-19 data, only one that does is:
, which does correspond to the death rate figures, and also suggests that parts of Italy may be OK, although I'm sure it is not as simple as that, these maps, although they can be useful, do not target individual genes, they are very blunt instruments.

Interestingly, on that map, Rome has a dark area over it and also has a deaths per case figure only 1/3rd that of Lombardy, maybe the "Romans" did come from Rome, and they took some British DNA back with them!

Y......

Interestingly, on that map, Rome has a dark area over it and also has a deaths per case figure only 1/3rd that of Lombardy, maybe the "Romans" did come from Rome, and they took some British DNA back with them!

That's getting worse...which "british" dna are you talking about? The one at the roman time which is pre-saxon and vikings invasion?
In Northern italy the dna (expecially in Bergamo are) 2000 years ago was (and still is) mostly Celtic.

You'd better fix your ethnographic history before drawing any "theory"...

That's getting worse...which "british" dna are you talking about? The one at the roman time which is pre-saxon and vikings invasion?
In Northern italy the dna (expecially in Bergamo are) 2000 years ago was (and still is) mostly Celtic.

You'd better fix your ethnographic history before drawing any "theory"...
Obviously they were not going to take modern British DNA back!

The Roman Empire stopped on the border with the Saxons and Angles, so they wouldn't have got much DNA there, and Nordic DNA was beyond that.
We don't have a lot of information on British DNA of the time, certainly a lot of it was Celtic, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, look at the low death rate in Austria and other regions with significant Celtic influence like northern Spain and Northern France (Brittany), both significantly lower than the rest of their country. From the map above, it seems likely the "blue" DNA got to Austria from the Nordic area. Since we know that in Britain, the Romans and locals did mix, there is a good chance of some of that British Celtic "blue" DNA returning to Rome.

Although you say that Bergamo is mostly Celtic, they don't appear to have those Nordic genes for light hair and Corvid-19 protection, that "blue" DNA doesn't appear to leave the mountainous area, probably too hot down there for people with Nordic DNA and skin!

We did rummage around down there for a little, but was slaughtered in the end.
And so we should be, we was not as well mannered back in the good old days, so the language of the sword was about all we understood.

You can invite a Norseman into your house, but you can not stop him from raping your daughter and steal your cattle,,,,, and burn down your house. :)

Although you say that Bergamo is mostly Celtic, they don't appear to have those Nordic genes for light hair and Corvid-19 protection, that "blue" DNA doesn't appear to leave the mountainous area, probably too hot down there for people with Nordic DNA and skin!

Why Celts should appear to have "nordic genes"?? If they are CELTIC genes, why should they have "nordic"ones????.....

And it's not "ME" who says Bergamo il mostly celtic, is DNA.

Check who and where are the celts.

Please before posting more nonsense, just check it befor
(celts area in GREEN)
Celtic_expansion_in_Europe.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back