CPL Status

I think they should start shipping this week, I did hear it mentioned when they were getting done but didn't take note of the exact date
Thanks. I actually cancelled the order last night for the A119 since I couldn't be sure about the notch. I've been waiting since July for the CPL so I can wait another week or so.

I think they should start shipping this week, I did hear it mentioned when they were getting done but didn't take note of the exact date
Are you accepting pre orders yet thru Amazone .CA Canada or will you put together a list of buyers (canadian) because I think your stock when it arrives and listed for sale will be gone within a few hours

Are you accepting pre orders yet thru Amazone .CA Canada or will you put together a list of buyers (canadian) because I think your stock when it arrives and listed for sale will be gone within a few hours
That's not my product so I'm not sure what sales arrangements will be in place

This is what come in the mail from spy tec, i'll post results of the filter when i get some chance.

When u get yours....I ordered over mine on amazon from Spytech on the 7th with next day shipping....they then claim delivery by tomorrow the 14th, but has not shipped yet. The product page now says in stock dec 16

Last edited:
So...the CPL's that have been made and shipped are not oriented properly? The ones I ordered from FoxOffer and estore(ebay) shipped last week....wont get for a while. So, those arr bad then?

I still am waiting for the Spy Tech from Amazon order to ship.

So...the CPL's that have been made and shipped are not oriented properly? The ones I ordered from FoxOffer and estore(ebay) shipped last week....wont get for a while. So, those arr bad then?

That's correct only the next batch being assembled as we speak will be pre-calibrated correctly. OCD Tronic will only sell the pre-calibrated version once it's ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I ordered the PCL from Amazon.ca last week, and it will arrive tomorrow.

yeah the first lot went out before the problem was found, it's not hard to fix though, just a matter of rotating the glass in the holder

That's correct only the next batch being assembled as we speak will be pre-calibrated correctly. OCD Tronic will only sell the pre-calibrated version once it's ready.

yeah the first lot went out before the problem was found, it's not hard to fix though, just a matter of rotating the glass in the holder

Is there a mark on the lens itself so that it would be obvious if it is in the correct orientation? Like a small notch or black mark on the rim that would show up on the top of the frame.

Way to go Viofo......take all this time to produce this product...and its defective out of the box. The ones i am getting from overseas(if they ever come), would cost just as much as the product itself to ship back. I am not very happy about having to fiddle with and adjust the CPL..Its in the negatives and 8 feet of snow where i live. I was expecting to just install and forget about it. Why this kind of thing cant be built into the camera lens it self...is beyond me.

Last edited:
Is there a mark on the lens itself so that it would be obvious if it is in the correct orientation? Like a small notch or black mark on the rim that would show up on the top of the frame.

Best way is to use a TV that is polarized standard.
(Most computer monitors are 45 degrees so harder)

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/cpl-status.20524/page-19#post-304451

There is a red dot but most don't line up the same way. Here is one lucky one that did line up. Again many of the reds dot ended up in a random place after re-calibrating.

8b78e47410e5d1ff03721c3f0455aeb4.jpg

no

Way to go by the way.....take all this time to produce this product...and its defective out of the box.

our ones will be preset as we've taken the time to correct them before being sent out, it's the Viofo ones which aren't, was just a misunderstanding from the supplier but that has been sorted for future production, they're not in any way defective, they just need to be adjusted and it's a one time thing, can take anywhere from 10 seconds to a minute to get right

Why this kind of thing cant be built into the camera lens it self...is beyond me.

it's not possible

Best way is to use a TV that is polarized standard.
(Most computer monitors are 45 degrees so harder)

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/cpl-status.20524/page-19#post-304451

There is a red dot but most don't line up the same way. Here is one lucky one that did line up. Again many of the red dot ended up in a random place after re-calibrating.

I only have a HP 25xi computer monitor....no idea on where look up "Polarized standards" of tvs or lcd screens...if the manufacturer even list that in the specs.

I'll give it a try though. So, if it is wrong when i put it on the cam, the video would be very dark right? its supposed to look clear then? (the cpl i have on my Mini 0826 does not turn dark or light when rotated, but it does adjust the reflections, but I can only see that when i play back on my large computer screen.)

There is a red dot but most don't line up the same way. Here is one lucky one that did line up. Again many of the reds dot ended up in a random place after re-calibrating.

that's just a coincidence, the red dot only indicates which side is the front and which is back so the glass goes in the right way

I only have a HP 25xi computer monitor....no idea on where look up "Polarized standards" of tvs or lcd screens...if the manufacturer even list that in the specs.

I'll give it a try though. So, if it is wrong when i put it on the cam, the video would be very dark right? its supposed to look clear then? (the cpl i have on my Mini 0826 does not turn dark or light when rotated, but it does adjust the reflections, but I can only see that when i play back on my large computer screen.)

If you place a white piece of paper on the dash, reflected image should be very translucent or nearly invisible looking if the CPL is spun to the correct location.

I'll give it a try though. So, if it is wrong when i put it on the cam, the video would be very dark right? its supposed to look clear then?

if it was adjusted wrong it would just have little to no effect, it won't make the video dark, looking dark only relates to viewing an LCD monitor when the orientation is set in a specific direction

no

our ones will be preset as we've taken the time to correct them before being sent out, it's the Viofo ones which aren't, was just a misunderstanding from the supplier but that has been sorted for future production, they're not in any way defective, they just need to be adjusted and it's a one time thing, can take anywhere from 10 seconds to a minute to get right

it's not possible

The ones from you? Are u referring to the ones that ship with Street Guardian products.....or the one that was linked to on this iste...from FoxOffer.. where do those come from?

Why wouldn't it be not possible to replace the other glass piece of the lens assembly itself with a polarized lens? Course, the manufacture of the lens and camera sensor itself would have to provide a model like that i assume....vs a manufacturer that just buys the parts and assembles a product from those parts.

Last edited:
The ones from you? Are u referring to the ones that ship with Road Guard products.....or the one that was linked to on this iste...from FoxOffer.. where do those come from?

the filter that ships with our product is pre adjusted

Why wouldn't it be not possible to replace the other glass piece of the lens assembly itself with a polarized lens? Course, the manufacture of the lens and camera sensor itself would have to provide a model like that i assume....vs a manufacturer that just buys the parts and assembles a product from those parts.

the CPL needs to be rotated to a specific position to give the desired effect for our particular use

the lens is fixed focus which means after the lens is fitted it needs to be rotated to a position where it yields the best focus, you can't fix the position of the CPL without having the lens adjusted first which is an unknown quantity during manufacturing, short answer is it can't be part of the lens assembly

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G A119 4
Back