CPL Status

the filter that ships with our product is pre adjusted

the CPL needs to be rotated to a specific position to give the desired effect for our particular use

the lens is fixed focus which means after the lens is fitted it needs to be rotated to a position where it yields the best focus, you can't fix the position of the CPL without having the lens adjusted first which is an unknown quantity during manufacturing, short answer is it can't be part of the lens assembly

I understand now. Thank you for the explanation.

Glad I checked this forum so that when I do eventually get the CPL, I know to adjust it....annoys me...but it has to be done then. (for some reason, this site stopped sending me emails when a new post is made).

I understand now. Thank you for the explanation.

Glad I checked this forum so that when I do eventually get the CPL, I know to adjust it....annoys me...but it has to be done then. (for some reason, this site stopped sending me emails when a new post is made).

I'm sure @viofo would have preferred they went out adjusted correctly, that was the intention and something they were unaware of at the time, just a mistake which no matter how hard we try sometimes is something that happens, the issue has been addressed so for later orders should be no issue

If your TV is Polarized correctly here's how to do it. Many computer monitors are 45 degrees and won't work.

Can you please explain what you mean by polarized correctly?

I just received the CPL and it is clear in the normal position, but only completely dark when rotated at about 45 degree

TIA

Excellent, now if I can only figure out how to rotate it!!! I can get the lens halfway out but unable to rotate it. Any ideas? I don't want to break it.

TIA

you don't need to take the glass out, push it back down and just rotate a bit at a time using your fingertips

Excellent, now if I can only figure out how to rotate it!!! I can get the lens halfway out but unable to rotate it. Any ideas? I don't want to break it.

TIA

After the glass is halfway slid out of the frame you can tilt the glass up/out a bit. Pinch glass and spin around as you have it up close to one eye looking at your TV. I'm happy to help anyone that can't do it if they want to USPS me their filter and I'll send it back. (Just include first class postage)

you don't need to take the glass out, push it back down and just rotate a bit at a time using your fingertips

Most of them this is true but occasionally one is extra tight and flipping the glass up (partially out but not completely out) helps spin easier.

You are a star. Completely dark when pointed at 90 degrees, completely clear in the right position. This is against an LED TV.

Thanks a lot

Most of them this is true but occasionally one is extra tight and flipping the glass up (partially out but not completely out) helps spin easier.

yeah I've had the odd one where I've had to push the glass back and I find it easier to roll the glass into position from there, hard thing to try and explain to someone that hasn't done it, once you have popped the glass back and put it back in place though they do generally turn a bit easier

the lens is fixed focus which means after the lens is fitted it needs to be rotated to a position where it yields the best focus, you can't fix the position of the CPL without having the lens adjusted first which is an unknown quantity during manufacturing, short answer is it can't be part of the lens assembly
It could however be part of the lens holder, a square CPL mounted on the underside of the lens holder seems the simplest and cheapest solution and would always be perfectly aligned, or exactly 90 degrees out if incorrectly assembled...

Only issue would be that it could not easily be removed, but most people never remove their CPLs anyway.

It could however be part of the lens holder, a square CPL mounted on the underside of the lens holder seems the simplest and cheapest solution .

not sure what you're describing exactly but keep in mind this one was designed to work across multiple models to make it more cost effective and help to keep the costs down, if it instead became part of the lens housing (if that's what you meant) it would actually increase our costs as each would need their own design

the CPL needs to be rotated to a specific position to give the desired effect for our particular use

So unless the camera lens end up on the exact same position, how would a CPL fixed at the factory match the lens of different units?

I'm just confused how anyone could pre calibrate the CPL for my camera unless the lens is in the exact same spot so all cameras are the same for focussing.

It's not related to focus

I think I'll need one. Had to put my sunnies on today to avoid seeing the reflection of the dashboard against the windscreen...

If your TV is Polarized correctly here's how to do it. Many computer monitors are 45 degrees and won't work.

221fab8c41095fa3179bde487f3993d1.jpg

7a51c92a0b1e3f437fa7571fa3a30cb3.jpg

Which is the good position, the bright image (first picture) or the dark image? Your lens is adjusted correctly in that position?

enjoy,
Mtz

This is getting out of hand with the adjustments ....flip up... flip down.... rotate slide it up....red dot....push glass back....pinch glass....spin it around....hold to one eye aiming at tv ...... 45" position...polarized...Maybe I will wait one more month before I order the CPL from Viofo (brand) so maybe I'll be ok receiving a CPL from the new adjusted production batch.:D

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G A119 4
Back