CPL won't stay attached

dalemccl

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a new SG9665GC and also the CPL filter, both from Pier28 via Amazon. I have not installed the dashcam in the car yet. I am just trying to see how the CPL fits on the lens. It seems to be by friction.

But pushing it on the lens firmly doesn't result in the filter staying on the lens. It falls off easily. Even if I just hold the camera with the lens facing down, gravity pulls the CPL off the lens.

Is just pushing the CPL on the lens the correct way to install it, or am I doing something wrong?

Let me know your order number, name, shipping address and email via private message or email. I'll send a new one. The 3-D printer has a margin of error that fluctuates unfortunately so we will tweak the design a bit further soon. I can send you a new triple QA fitted one

Thanks! I couldn't find a way to send a private message via the forum, so I used the contact form on your website to send the information.

I have a new SG9665GC and also the CPL filter, both from Pier28 via Amazon. I have not installed the dashcam in the car yet. I am just trying to see how the CPL fits on the lens. It seems to be by friction.

But pushing it on the lens firmly doesn't result in the filter staying on the lens. It falls off easily. Even if I just hold the camera with the lens facing down, gravity pulls the CPL off the lens.

Is just pushing the CPL on the lens the correct way to install it, or am I doing something wrong?
I use a minute roll of Blu Tack down each side to hold mine firmly in place. Works a treat!;)

I use a minute roll of Blu Tack down each side to hold mine firmly in place. Works a treat!;)

Yours was from the batch that were too lose, his was from a batch that were too tight.

Next design I think we got just right again. Shapeways changed 3D printers and messed up the tolerances further

This is just a followup to my original post about the CPL filter not staying on the lens. I received the replacement filter from Pier28 today and it fits well. It doesn't fall off like the first one. Thanks!

Back