CR-500HD GPS Question

xTu

Reaction score
Country
United States
My FineVu CR-500HD with GPS arrived today, I installed it and it works great. However the GPS like blinks constantly and I justwanted a video from earlier and there is no speed showing up, just three dash's "---"

Any ideas?

I just picked up a CR-500HD today with GPS and the power kit. In the quick test I did, the GPS didn't lock until I drove about for a few minutes and the camera tells you the GPS locked.

A few things I noticed right off, is when you connect the DC power to the GPS, make sure you put the connector in the right hole on the side. The video is exactly the same size and it won't work right.

I also think atmospheric conditions can make a bit of a difference as well for how quick GPS's can lock onto satellites.

Did you mount the GPS in a spot that is non-metallic? Mine was just close to the top of the window?

Thanks

I did not hear the camera tell me the GPS locked, and I did ensure I plugged everything into the right ports. I did mount the GPS on the window glass on the far right side abutting the passenger side front pillar.

does the blue light on the GPS come on?

Yes, when I installed it last night it kept blinking, after 2 30min trips I checked the video - no speed just '---'. Today the blue light is on but staying solid this time, I tested again and no speed. The issue is most bizzare... Any help is appreciated!

Back