Custom firmware BlackVue DR550GW-2CH

Can anyone post the advantages of the custom firmware?

If you are able to find one. That you thinkmis any good. 40mb write speed. Id much apricated.
The Sandisk Extreme 32GB is 45MB/s write.
£25 at Costco, or £20 at mymemory

released an update to our custom firmware, version 1.1
2. The hardware timer can now be set in the web browser.
It seems that the Hardware Time is different from the System Time.
The system time seems to be locked at UTC +3hours - and this is what is stamped on the videos?
Unless I have missed something?

I meant the same because could find on cosco only SD on the go from mobile phone. Will check later on from PC.
Its good that memoryC has this microsd in stock ( thx for tip ), however 32gb is not enaugh for 2ch ( for me personaly ). I am on the look for 64 and 128gb ultra high speed 30-45mbps write.
here is the Costco one: http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/cos_1,cos_1.8,cos_1.8.5/164649 it's cheaper in the store if you're a member.
64gb at Costco is £50. http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/cos_1,cos_1.8,cos_1.8.5/164650

It seems that the Hardware Time is different from the System Time.
The system time seems to be locked at UTC +3hours - and this is what is stamped on the videos?
Unless I have missed something?
Sorry Alex, not sure if you missed this? Any thoughts?

Well, this was the reply from the car dvr forum...

"Racingsnake, you did not read the forum. "Iron" clock in the recorder adjusted either manually or by satellite as soon as they "catch". These watches all (assuming adjustments satellites) show the same time that you have that in Kazakhstan that the Kuril Islands, which in fact on any satellite that is time UTC. A system time is always local, and depends on what time zone set. Time is taken from the name of the file sitemnogo time, but you have already and probably misunderstood, but why write about it here."

Which to be honest, either didn't understand my question, or is telling me that I'm wrong.
Bit disappointed to be honest, as it does not give me any form of fix/resolution.
As has been mentioned before it is really rather critical that the time stamp on the videos are correct and not 1,2 or 3 hours out :(

good luck with that, they promote the firmware here (in English), is it too much to expect some support here in English rather than having to send you off to try and translate and deal with people that only want to talk down to you, not impressed

Even so Dave, it still doesn't work.
I saved, went for a drive to make sure the GPS locked on, came home, checked the settings and the HW time reset to UTC-1, and the system time was UTC +1... both were incorrect :(

Last edited by a moderator:
better if you're not Russian post your question in English so they know what they're dealing with, it's not like none of them know any English or can't use a translator to work out what your problem is

I do agree with that, but Alex asked that I post in Russian... so Google Translate it is :D

if they want to promote the firmware here where the user base communicates in English they should be prepared to support the firmware in English, they are making their own mess by doing otherwise, answering questions and building FAQ's in English would help to widen the appeal of what they're offering and make it easier to support in the long run, depends are they thinking of building a community, or just chasing a quick buck/easy money

Back