Dash Cam Auto Turn Off

OKLY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Hi everyone, I just got my cam installed, everything is running fine except for one problem, it turns off automatically after 30 seconds upon starting engine. The power is through the cigarette lighter port.

I believe the dash cam has a feature that will turn off the cam after 30 seconds when it receives no power (that is how the dash cam thinks that the engine is switched off).

So when I turn my car keys, the power is supplied to the cam, when cranking the power gets cut off for a while until the engine is started. However in this process, the cam has already started its 30 seconds countdown to turn off even though the power is supplied back.

Does this happen to all dash cams? Is there an easy solution for this?

Last edited:
Some cameras have a feature to delay the boot up a little cuz of issues like this, usioally on diesel cars/trucks

Welcome to DCT, OKLY!

It would be helpful to know what camera is. :rolleyes:

Hi. There is power kit as an internal/external electricity source supplying for the dash cam after the car engine is off.

Take an example of the LUKAS dash cam, we have LK-290/350 as a power kit connected to your car fuse box in order to supply power to your dash cam. It will be using your car battery after the engine is even off. There is another function called the Low voltage cutoff. It will automatically be turning off when lk-290 detects your car power usage is in low condition. For the reason not to drain your car battery. Do remember it is only like a wire connect to your fuse box with no battery inside of it. (12/24V)

LK290 is without screen/ LK350 with screen

On the other hand, another one is LK 530/570. It is an external battery pack for dash cam rather than connecting to your car's fuse box. Your dash cam will be using the power after the engine is off. Mainly for a parking mode, because it is like a power charger which will provide power until you drain all of the lk530/570 battery. Also a low voltage cut off function.

LK530 is up to 8-10 hours
LK570 is up to 20-22 hours

Hope it can help you. Do you mind to tell us what brand are you using now

Back