Dash cam hardwired

J11

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve hardwired my dash cam but for parking mode to work I need to turn the car off and on twice for parking mode to enter. If I just leave the dash cam with ignition off first time it just stops recording and camera just still got power. Anyone had any issues like this or any suggestions?

I’ve hardwired my dash cam but for parking mode to work I need to turn the car off and on twice for parking mode to enter. If I just leave the dash cam with ignition off first time it just stops recording and camera just still got power. Anyone had any issues like this or any suggestions?
Just a guess as you don't say what you are using try swapping the two +V leads around.
Some Dashcam kits use the opposite colours eg red is actually yellow and yellow is actually red. Black is the same.

More info will help if my suggestion doesn't help.

Cheers.

Just a guess as you don't say what you are using try swapping the two +V leads around.
Some Dashcam kits use the opposite colours eg red is actually yellow and yellow is actually red. Black is the same.

More info will help if my suggestion doesn't help.

Cheers.
You mean swapping the ACC and BAT around right? Because all the features work but only after second attempt.

You mean swapping the ACC and BAT around right? Because all the features work but only after second attempt.
As i said I'm only guessing.
Tell us what your hardware is and that might help.

As i said I'm only guessing.
Tell us what your hardware is and that might help.

Dash Cam Hard Wire Kit for IIWEY EY02/EY02 PRO/ EY05/ EY05A/ J01Model, 4 Meter Dashboard Camera Car Charger Cable Kit 12V- 24V to 5V, Power Adapter with LP/Mini/ATO/Micro2 Fuse for Dash Cam​

This is the one, if that helps.

@J11
Checked the kit and the wires are as i thought.
check the yellow wire is connected to a permanently 12 volt source.
Find an accessories powered fuse and connect the Red wire to it and the black wire to the metal of the car body.
It's important the black wire is connected to the ground/car metal body.

Once this is connected hopefully your dash cam will work correctly.

IMG_4426.jpeg

@J11
Checked the kit and the wires are as i thought.
check the yellow wire is connected to a permanently 12 volt source.
Find an accessories powered fuse and connect the Red wire to it and the black wire to the metal of the car body.
It's important the black wire is connected to the ground/car metal body.

Once this is connected hopefully your dash cam will work correctly.

View attachment 69439
Thanks for your reply. Do you think there’s a mistake with the wiring at the moment? Because it works but after second time I turn off car? I will do what you have mentioned over the next few days and get back to you. But just wasn’t sure why it kept waiting for me to put ignition twice.
Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your reply. Do you think there’s a mistake with the wiring at the moment? Because it works but after second time I turn off car? I will do what you have mentioned over the next few days and get back to you. But just wasn’t sure why it kept waiting for me to put ignition twice.
Thanks for your help.
Will these work?
Red - weight sensing system control unit
Yellow - diagnostic connector

Will these work?
Red - weight sensing system control unit
Yellow - diagnostic connector

I don't know.
A fuse that is used to power your stereo is one you could use or the cigarette lighter fuse. I am assuming that this power is removed when you turn off the car. Some cars don't switch them off.
You will need to find a constant power source eg +Battery for the Yellow wire to go on.
Get in the car and lock it.
You may have to wait from about 5-10 minutes as some cars down circuits are a timer is triggered.
With a multimeter check what fuses still have power on them. You could also do this with a LED on a two wires and a resistor in cct. Place one wire on the cars metal frame and with the other wire carefully tap each fuse until you get the LED/globe to light. Then use that fuse. Note some fuses may have to do with Airbags so make sure you don't connect to them.

A simple tester
1701140684254.png

Back