Dash Cam missing frames

Persio

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Gentlemen,
I was looking at some HD videos on YouTube for the DOD LS430W camera and I noticed that every 6 or 7 seconds the video skips a frame or two.
I have noticed the same anomaly on the videos I record with my Rollei CarDVR-110.
Is this a common behavior on such cameras? It seems as if the processor misses a frame or two when it is writing data from the buffer to the card.
Do you notice the same effect on your camera?
I would appreciate your views and comments on this.
Thank you,
Persio.

Have you watched your Rollei recordings also from youtube uploaded files, or original video files playback on PC ?

Niko,
I watch my Rollei recordings directly on my PC, reading the original .MOV files with VLC Media Player.

Can you upload a raw file? Dropped frames is most often a playback issue, would help if others can check your recording and compare

Niko,
I watch my Rollei recordings directly on my PC, reading the original .MOV files with VLC Media Player.

Did you first copy the files from the camera's memory card to the HDD before playing them?

Gentlemen,
I tried to upload the .MOV file but this is not an allowed format.
How can I upload a clip without converting to a different format?
Persio.

Mega.co.nz? Really? That's strange works for me. I guess try adding/compressing the mov to a zip or rar file. Then upload the zip or rar.

Gentlemen,
I am using the "Upload a File" button and trying to upload a .RAR or .MOV file but keep getting the following error message:
"The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension"
Is there another way to upload a file?

Did you first copy the files from the camera's memory card to the HDD before playing them?
Russ,
Yes, I copied the files from the card to the hard drive and then played them.
Do you believe it makes any difference?

Pier28,

I am in the process to upload the file to mega.co.nz
75% done.

Pier28,
FILE0287.MOV uploaded to mega.co.nz
I would appreciate receiving your comments after your review.
Thanks,
Persio.

jokiin,
Please elaborate on your comment.
A copy of a digital file is supposed to be bit-by-bit equal to the original file, how can that make a difference in playback?

The way the computer reads files off the microSD/SD memory card via usb (or other) reader often chokes up. If you have an older USB 2.0 SDHC reader rather than a USB 3.0 SDXC reader that's also a problem.
Your question gets asked fairly often on here. The problem is always

1) Computer is underpowered, or video graphics are not configured quite right
or
2) sustained read Performance is too poor trying to play directly off the card, copying local is better.

Less common 3) problems with cam itself.

Last edited:
Back