Dash Cam Reviewers

I need your New Dashcam to Review! I currently drive 300 miles daily, between offices in North Carolina, and use 2 FineVu CR-500HD's with GPS in two vehicles. I can tell you that I have not been happy with the FineVu product and have tried several others. I supplement my FineVu's with multiple Mobius Action Cams, which produce wonderful video, but no GPS option.
I would love to review Cams that produce high-quality video and have GPS options.

You can find many of my cam videos on my youtube channel, and the ABC 20/20 "Cop-Busting" Special, Out-of-Bounds.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHjlLfSW7A5YkTHhpM3IWdw

i vote up to Niko , Jokkin and Mtz , if they wish of course.

I am lucky that all of them I have contacted, Niko and Mtz reviewed our products and shared on the forum, Jokiin gave me the idea in private.

Their reviews are professional and fair, more than that, I trust them and shared with them the new development, always can get valuable advice from them.

Miss Mtz as he has not been on forum a while since he needs to deal something.
Hope he can be back soon as he miss his life in forum too.

interesting. i havent posted any reviews but i actually planned on it. i am going to have an initial 1 week review of my blackvue and then i want to have a month later review to see if any issues come up.

also plan on getting the mobius and g1w soon when i can spend the money.

right now i am a food delivery driver so i am driving 400+ miles a week mostly city driving. i also have a B.S. in civil engineering with a focus on traffic engineering (havent found a traffic engineering position yet). traffic operations and safety is my passion so i hope to have long term plans for reviewing or at least using multiple cameras.

once i get some reviews posted ill repost here with the links.

this actually gives me more reason to start that traffic engineering blog i have wanted to start.

fyi i am in the US and may have what appears to be bad grammar or typos but its just because i am usually typing on my iphone or surface pro as opposed to a real keyboard.

I've got a G90 on the way from FoxOffer and will stick you guys a review up when it arrives along with a side by side of the GT680w. Oh and the Nextbase 402g (DOD LS430W clone) that I acquired tonight :) The Nextbase I bought because it in theory should be sharper than the 680W I have, but there are unanswered questions about bitrate etc and whether it would take the DOD firmware - we'll see :)

I've already received the G90 and it's pretty solid so far. I might put up a review soon of the day/night quality and such. I can't seem to turn off the LCD while driving, is that normal for a dashcams? Also you would have play the videos on VLC player or some other player made for dashcams because it the sound doesn't work on Windows media player.

Hi everyone,
Going to Jokiin's post back here: http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dash-cam-reviewers.2234/#post-23294 . As a vendor I would also only really be willing to send a free product who has a proven track record. I'm sure everyone here is 110% honest and well meaning but if a vendor is going to give up something for free they will want something back in return. A review from a member with 1000+ posts and a great reputation is better than someone with 2 posts and no reputation. This is not meant to be harsh or anything it's just meant to highlight that reviewers when they give something need something in return and people with high post counts and good reputations carry far more weight.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Hi everyone,
Going to Jokiin's post back here: http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dash-cam-reviewers.2234/#post-23294 . As a vendor I would also only really be willing to send a free product who has a proven track record. I'm sure everyone here is 110% honest and well meaning but if a vendor is going to give up something for free they will want something back in return. A review from a member with 1000+ posts and a great reputation is better than someone with 2 posts and no reputation. This is not meant to be harsh or anything it's just meant to highlight that reviewers when they give something need something in return and people with high post counts and good reputations carry far more weight.

Kind regards,

JooVuu
honestly i was under the impression products are almost always sent back to the manufacturer.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkv0QnGO2z2TfBayo9zlcTQ
well my youtube channel is up, i realize i gotta work on some production values and actually write some scripts but i am doing this for hobby reasons.

trying to combine this with a blog I am starting with the same traphicartist name to encompass my traffic engineering interest and career too but it is going to come along slowly. recent news might lead me into water resource engineering instead of traffic which I would not prefer but need to start somewhere.

with my next camera i decided to go with a two video format, initial unboxing and first impressions, plus a walk through of the controls if necessary, and then a few weeks or month later a full in depth review.

my first video with this format.

criticism or recommendations as usual are welcome!

I was thinking you need a tripod, just as the 'I swear I'm getting a tripod soon' came up on screen :)

Sorry! stopped watching at around 2 minutes. Don't like vids where things are wobbling about as you try to open boxes etc. with one hand while holding the camera in the other. Crackling wrappings, boxes falling over "umming and ahhing" are offputting too.
I would not normally comment but if you want to do this kind of thing in a professional or semi pro manner then I hope that my comments will help.
Buy a tripod, write a script, edit the vid before publishing.

Good Luck
Frank

Sorry! stopped watching at around 2 minutes. Don't like vids where things are wobbling about as you try to open boxes etc. with one hand while holding the camera in the other. Crackling wrappings, boxes falling over "umming and ahhing" are offputting too.
I would not normally comment but if you want to do this kind of thing in a professional or semi pro manner then I hope that my comments will help.
Buy a tripod, write a script, edit the vid before publishing.

Good Luck
Frank
It's all right I realize I need to step it up but it's definitely and on going process as I am doing it as a hobby. I am just posting here for advice and criticism I don't think any manufacturer is going to send me a product when I have 0 subscribers haha.

I actually did use a tripod in part of the video but that was with my INNOVV which gives me an unwanted wide angle but it was necessary. I plan in getting a better camera suited for this within the week hopefully.

I did actually write a script on my INNOVV security camera video and you can tell how much of an improvement it is over my first Blackvue review which I did at 3 am (the only free time I had) with no tripod or script. But the reason I am putting these up anyways is just to keep up with what I am doing in my personal life.

What's weird is I'm good at public speaking to groups of people and always was complimented in college for that but talking to a camera in a video nobody may even be watching makes me feel weird. Getting over it with more practice. One thing I noticed I over say is "so as you can see" and in my newer video I edited some parts out where I over use that phrase.

Back