Dash Cam Reviewers

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dashcamtalk is occasionally offered cameras for review. It is our policy not to accept any free cameras.

However some of our members have created excellent reviews on cameras they have purchased. Ideally we would have a group of unbiased reviewers on our site. That way a vendor can send a sample camera to them in return for an UNBIASED review.

If you would like to do this, please post your interest in this thread. Include a link to any previous review(s) as well. That will allow vendors to know that you are serious and are able to evaluate a dash cam effectively.

Vendors can contact interested reviewers directly via PM and work out any details.

Thanks everyone.

we have here some very experienced and very capable users will be nice see the reviews. :mrgreen:

hope sellers don´t get mad at people bashing slight blackvue´s.

So if a vendor is interested he can contact me via PM :) .

Currently in use: 2 x Finevu CR500 and a type of a i1000/F70 dual channel (only used the main cam as a rear cam).
I dont use a smartphone so I cant test any equipment with WiFi. And I dont intend to switch to a smartphone in near future :D , I love my old Nokia cell phone.

Regards

I'd like it, it would be nice to see some other reviews. And I would accept some cameras to test out... :lol:

i vote up to Niko , Jokkin and Mtz , if they wish of course.

I am interested in this review opportunity. I have only owned one dash cam so far (the DVR-207GS) so my reviews will be quite unbiased; however, I have not finished my review on that DVR-207GS yet. I will come back and post it when it's finished.

I'm also a relatively new user, so I'm not sure if I'm qualified for this offer.

edit: DVR-207GS, not DVR-207

I vote for Niko , hes been very helpful and contributed a lot to the group.

i would also be interested in reviewing the cameras. as i've owned 5-6 camera already from different brand..even encountered couple fake ones.

i run these camera on my motorcycle, car, for everyday and even during trackdays.

GeorgesNJR said:
i vote up to Niko , Jokkin and Mtz , if they wish of course.

I appreciate the vote of confidence but realistically I don't think people would want my review on a product as they'd assume there must be some sort of bias involved, even though I manufacture cameras I do participate here and try and help end users regardless of what brand product they have and can say whether something is good or not without any emotion attached or any hidden agenda, I've quite often recommended other cameras as good in a particular category or suitable for what the user wants etc because I believe it to be correct, some people, particularly new users might not see that and think there's some hidden agenda

To be honest though I don't think it's an issue as I don't see any manufacturer or reseller sending me their product for review, I quite often buy competitors cameras anyway just to see what they're doing, how well it works etc, just part of the research process but I wouldn't publish a review on their products as I suspect any criticism would be taken with a good deal of suspicion, again more so that new users might take things the wrong way

Niko, has a ton of experience with the cameras, has seen a lot of different solutions, knows what he's talking about and I value his opinion, I'll gladly listen to what he has to say about a product, good, bad or otherwise and know that what he says is an accurate representation of what an end user can expect but also with a technical understanding of the product

Mtz, again, heaps of experience with the product, knows what he's talking about and someone whose opinion I value greatly, although he's away for work during the summer and not as active as usual he's a great contributor and very helpful

Realistically for someone to be invited to review products they generally need to be active participants, have good general knowledge of the product, be helpful and be able to express themselves well, I've been involved with this sort of thing for quite a long time, on both sides, as a supplier, as a reviewer and have also been involved in beta testing and product development for almost 20 years and have done a wide range of products over the years

Later on I'll have some product that I'll be asking some users to review, not because I need it done but realistically I want some other people that are not connected to try the product and give their opinion which might be seen as more credible to end users that might be interested in our product, I can talk about it all day and of course tell you all the things I like about what we're doing, much better if it's not me offering the opinion though I'd think

I'll be asking both Niko and Mtz to look at the product pre-release, it will still be in beta stage but these are guys whose opinions I value so I'd like to get their feedback as well on some of the fine tuning we'll be doing that will help shape the release product, we're fairly active on firmware updates and release about one a month as it is but I'd like to get the firmware as polished as possible prior to release, I believe the feedback from these two guys would be helpful in that respect, providing they have the time to contribute of course, they obviously have other things to do with their time

Once we get to release stage I'll look at it more from a product review perspective in who to get to look at some finished product and what different people might offer etc

I would say to anyone that wanted to be considered as a reviewer start by publishing a review on whatever you own already so that any prospective manufacturer or supplier can see what you bring to the table, if the review is worthy perhaps DashCamMan will add it to the main site, that's a sure way to get attention, something interactive, video review, sample footage, install examples etc all make it something people want to view, scattered throughout the site here there's plenty of bits of info people have done already, pull it into a proper review if you want to get noticed I guess

jokiin said:
...I would say to anyone that wanted to be considered as a reviewer start by publishing a review on whatever you own already so that any prospective manufacturer or supplier can see what you bring to the table, if the review is worthy perhaps DashCamMan will add it to the main site, that's a sure way to get attention, something interactive, video review, sample footage, install examples etc all make it something people want to view, scattered throughout the site here there's plenty of bits of info people have done already, pull it into a proper review if you want to get noticed I guess

Thanks for the information, it is much needed in this thread

Re: Dash Cam Reviewers (extreme environments)

I am interested in this review opportunity.

Professionally I'm involved frequently with IT/Technology equipment including multi-vendor CCTV project and solution design, so I'm familiar with the specific features to be evaluated (like resolution, dynamic range, contrast, blooming, etc.).

:arrow: At my current location (Patagonia Argentina) face an environment with a wide array of scenical and climatic situations: city and country, cold and heat (-15/+44°C winter/summer), wind, desert, valley, lakes, mountains.

Have tested a generic dual camera dash unit with GPS by eight months, and now I'm waiting for a new FullHD unit.

:idea: I wish to say an extra thing: to produce a consistent array of results between the different "testers" and the units evaluated, in order to achieve useful and comparable results believe that we should define and agree on a common set of tests to follow.

Regards.

ElectricCircus said:
... :idea: I wish to say an extra thing: to produce a consistent array of results between the different "testers" and the units evaluated, in order to achieve useful and comparable results believe that we should define and agree on a common set of tests to follow.

I like your idea, could we start a new thread for this?

I would like to be able to read reviews written in good, understandable English -- preferably something that doesn't require some decoding to make sense. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Swordfish said:
I would like to be able to read reviews written in good, understandable English. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

always easier to read but to be fair this forum is not dominated by members from any one country in particular, in fact I'd go so far as to say that dashcams to date are probably more popular in countries where English is not the first language spoken, I wouldn't like to discourage anyone from doing reviews just because they don't speak/write fluent English, if anyone does provide a review and English is their second language I'd encourage them to also provide the review in their native language, I'm sure some of their fellow citizens could benefit from that as well and it could help the site grow into other markets

I don't mean to be snobbish, but this is an international site so I think reviews should be written in English. There are already Chinese and Russian forums dedicated to dash cameras and I came here so I could find information on these cameras -- in English -- because I couldn't find a forum in my own language. And yes, I'm not a native English speaker myself.

Swordfish said:
I don't mean to be snobbish, but this is an international site so I think reviews should be written in English. There are already Chinese and Russian forums dedicated to dash cameras and I came here so I could find information on these cameras -- in English -- because I couldn't find a forum in my own language. And yes, I'm not a native English speaker myself.

yeah I agree, the reviews should be in English, I'm just saying if English is not your first language not to be discouraged from contributing

Chris said:
ElectricCircus said:
... :idea: I wish to say an extra thing: to produce a consistent array of results between the different "testers" and the units evaluated, in order to achieve useful and comparable results believe that we should define and agree on a common set of tests to follow.

I like your idea, could we start a new thread for this?

Sounds good to have a new thread, in order to discuss and agree on the things to evaluate and the related procedures.

Niko, Mtz and Jokkin

I would love to test the new lukas models against my "old" lk-7500, and i would probably not turn down a chance to test other brands.

I am currently without a job, and all other things i can do to kill some time seem to cost me mony i do not have.
I cant even afford to drive my Little car every day, but when i do have it up and running i have ample room on my windscreen :D

A fjew years back i was a new writer for a Danish computer site, i mainly covered new hardware and casemodding.

I'd do it.

I've become a bit of a dashcam obsessive since my little incident!

I used to write reviews for mobile/tablet review sites, same principle - get a phone for a couple of weeks, review and return.

Watching with interest!

Back