Dashcam GPS Viewer Android App

Have you been satisfied with the GPS Cam application?

• Yes, nice application

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No, failed application

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Discus

App Developer
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
We have developed a free android app(GPSCam) for the dashcam. With this app, GPS data can be viewed on the map. The app supports the following models:
A119
A119s
A118c
A118c (x40)
Mini-0807
Mini-0903
Mini-0905
B40d
Street Guardian SG9665GC
JooVuu X
If you want to use, download from link
Https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mmr.gpscam
We are just developing our application yet. Maybe there are some mistakes. Please share your opinions and suggestions with us. If your video is not supported by the app, send it to me. The video must be original and contain gps data. Upload your video to any file upload service and send the link to gpscamvideo@gmail.com. Specify the dashcam model and branding.

2017-02-23 16_23_50.png Screenshot_2017-03-08-17-32-16.png

Last edited:
looks like it works with Street Guardian SG9665GC as well, @alexsoll can confirm if the location as shown is correct

Screenshot_2017-03-08-07-33-36.jpeg

I have noticed a couple of bugs on one device I tried (Lenovo Tab7) but will check a few more devices and see if the same or not, nice start though, a lot of people have been asking for this

Nice work! I only have an iPhone 7+ to test at the moment, but plan on getting a supplemental Android device to do Android testing with soon. (maybe a Google Pixel or moto)

the screenshot above is from an old Huawei Mate 7 that I have which is only running Android 4.4.2

the Lenovo Tab7 couldn't navigate to the Micro SD card to try it on that and there's also some sort of scaling problem with the text on the first screen getting cutoff, it's also on Android 4.4.2 so don't know that it's an Android problem as such, have other models here with Android 5, 6 and 7 but haven't tried those as yet

Overall though I think this is a really good start

looks like it works with Street Guardian SG9665GC as well, @alexsoll can confirm if the location as shown is correct

View attachment 29558

I have noticed a couple of bugs on one device I tried (Lenovo Tab7) but will check a few more devices and see if the same or not, nice start though, a lot of people have been asking for this
This application is designed for android mobile phones. There may be problems with the dashcam firmware differences.
You can share the originals of the videos you're having trouble with at gpscamvideo@gmail.com using another file upload service on Google Drive, reporting your brand and model. If you send the original video with gps, we can improve it for you.

This application is designed for android mobile phones. There may be problems with the dashcam firmware differences.
You can share the originals of the videos you're having trouble with at gpscamvideo@gmail.com using another file upload service on Google Drive, reporting your brand and model. If you send the original video with gps, we can improve it for you.

the file played fine on the Huawei phone, not a file problem, that's the screenshot I took from our file

on the Lenovo Tab7 there was no option to choose the memory card so I couldn't get to the directory to load the file, when I choose select new file it just went straight to the tablet memory, no option to selct the memory card like I had on the Huawei phone, also the bottom of the text was cutoff in the display, here's a screenshot to show what I mean

Screenshot_2017-03-08-08-03-56.png

@Discus no maps

apSYC.jpg

settings

apSZg.jpg

apSZF.jpg

apSZN.jpg

Last edited:
@alexsoll

Do you have a Mobius? If yes, does your HTC M8's OTG still work with the Mobius, mine stopped working since the 6.0 update.

ok tested a more recent file and there's an issue with maps not displaying, it shows the marker and the track but in the wrong direction, left is right, right is left, but no map data displayed

here's a more recent file, I was turning right, map trail indicates I'm going to turn left and no map detail is displayed

Screenshot_2017-03-08-10-02-52.jpeg

also not sure if related or not but during playback every few seconds the map trail flickers over the video during playback

understand it's a free program but the ads are a bit excessive, would rather see an add free paid option as well

This looks pretty good. I like how simple it is to use, no fuss. The app is running fine for me on my Nexus 5 using KitKat 4.4.4. @Discus Can I send you a file from my JooVuu X? It is an Ambarella A7 based camera. The video plays perfectly (2560x1080 @ 30fps) but it can't read the GPS data. I get a toast message saying "File not supported".

@Discus no maps

apSYC.jpg

settings

apSZg.jpg

apSZF.jpg

apSZN.jpg

I emailed you a link to a file earlier, from the same camera

@Discus no maps

apSYC.jpg

settings

apSZg.jpg

apSZF.jpg

apSZN.jpg
The application can display the map only when the internet is open. In addition, the application does not support all vehicle cameras. Supporting models have been specified. If you send me samples from car camera videos, we can improve the program for you.

Last edited:
@jokiin will send you all the necessary information + need to Russian language in program.
If you need help to translate - write in PM

ok tested a more recent file and there's an issue with maps not displaying, it shows the marker and the track but in the wrong direction, left is right, right is left, but no map data displayed
I downloaded the video you sent. We developed the practice according to the northern parallels and the eastern meridians. We'll update the app based on the coordinates in the videos you send. We will solve this problem as soon as possible and inform you.

This looks pretty good. I like how simple it is to use, no fuss. The app is running fine for me on my Nexus 5 using KitKat 4.4.4. @Discus Can I send you a file from my JooVuu X? It is an Ambarella A7 based camera. The video plays perfectly (2560x1080 @ 30fps) but it can't read the GPS data. I get a toast message saying "File not supported".
I downloaded the video you sent. We developed the practice according to the northern parallels and the eastern meridians. We'll update the app based on the coordinates in the videos you send. We will solve this problem as soon as possible and inform you.

Reactions: Kip
here's a more recent file, I was turning right, map trail indicates I'm going to turn left and no map detail is displayed
Errors in the coordinate system corrected

View attachment 29568

also not sure if related or not but during playback every few seconds the map trail flickers over the video during playback

understand it's a free program but the ads are a bit excessive, would rather see an add free paid option as well
Errors in the coordinate system corrected

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-08-17-32-16.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-08-17-32-16.png
    825.1 KB · Views: 11
add for Russian customers Yandex maps (as in RegistratorViewer)

apTqR.jpg

Back