Dashcam that takes pictures in loop?

failmenot

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hi Guys.

Long time lurker, great forum :)

I need a dashcam that can take pictures in loops either by motion detection or just constantly every 3-5 seconds.

Does that exist?`

Thanks!

My G90C does a timelapse, so I guess more of the Ambarella A7 cams can do this.

Thanks guys!

Time-lapse video, just so i understand correctly does it still record video and then just save screenshots at the same time ?

Time-lapse video, just so i understand correctly does it still record video and then just save screenshots at the same time ?
No, time-lapse video only records video but the Mobius also has a Time-Lapse Photo functionality in the Photo Mode.

Ah yes! Good point!

No, time-lapse video only records video but the Mobius also has a Time-Lapse Photo functionality in the Photo Mode.

Thank you kindly, will any mobius do or is there a specific model you would recommend?

The eBay sellers aren't that informative on all options and settings.

Thank you kindly, will any mobius do or is there a specific model you would recommend?

The eBay sellers aren't that informative on all options and settings.
All 3 models, Mobius 1, 2 and Mini, have that feature.

You will need to shop at a approved seller, the mobius is copied and you do not want a copy as thise are as bad as the original is good, and the mobius is a good little camera.

I recently tested my Mobius 1 with time lapse video (1080p at 0.5s intervals). I found that when the card became full, it did not delete the oldest file and continue, which I would expect with loop recording enabled. I have not tried it with different intervals to see if that makes a difference.

I reported it at RC Groups but got no response - I might try again.

I think thats the same with the M2.

Time lapse photos that is, if you use low FPS lapse video then i think it will work, but the lowest setting there is 5 FPS

I recently tested my Mobius 1 with time lapse video (1080p at 0.5s intervals). I found that when the card became full, it did not delete the oldest file and continue, which I would expect with loop recording enabled. I have not tried it with different intervals to see if that makes a difference.

I reported it at RC Groups but got no response - I might try again.
I think loop recording is deactivated by default when you enable time lapse video.

I think loop recording is deactivated by default when you enable time lapse video.
No, I think the GUI let me have both enabled at the same time. But perhaps I need to try again with different settings.

No, I think the GUI let me have both enabled at the same time. But perhaps I need to try again with different settings.
Just because the GUI let's you enable it that doesn't mean it's actually working. I'm also not sure, I'm just going with the tip's info that says the max. file size when in time lapse mode is 4GB, which indicates no loop recording.

Just because the GUI let's you enable it that doesn't mean it's actually working. I'm also not sure, I'm just going with the tip's info that says the max. file size when in time lapse mode is 4GB, which indicates no loop recording.
@Isoprop has the GUI fairly well sorted by not allowing the user to set conflicting parameters. Perhaps this is one little thing that slipped through. I was thinking of using Mode1 for driving, then switch to time-lapse video in Mode2 when parked. But that's no good as the card is nearly always full of video clips, with just enough space for one more clip. When I tried the camera in time-lapse with only a small amount of capacity left, it saved only the last and first frame. It then continued to flash the led indicator without actually recording anything.

Back