Dashcam Viewer and Viofo A129 Plus Duo

Eck45

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After purchasing the Viofo A129 Plus Duo Dashcam, I have tried to view my journey videos on the Free Trial Version of Dashcam Viewer and all I get is a black screen with a message saying it is not compatible
I followed Viofo instructions and pressed the MIC button to change the Codec to H265 and still it did not work.

I can view my videos using VLC and the picture is great but does not show GPS which is one of the main reasons I bought the Viofo A129 Plus Duo

I have used Dashcam Viewer in the past with another Dashcam and it was excellent, showing your location on the Map, Speed and Co-ordinates etc but for some reason it just will not.

There is no point buying Dashcam Viewer if it will not work with all its functions so if there is another viewer more compatible with the A129 would be glad to try it

According to the current documentation that camera should be supported. Tagging @traveler to see if he can help.

There is no point buying Dashcam Viewer if it will not work with all its functions so if there is another viewer more compatible with the A129 would be glad to try it
Everything is working.

Attachments

• 2022-02-04_18-05-25.png
    2022-02-04_18-05-25.png
    2 MB · Views: 30
The GPS does not appear on the LCD Screen and I checked the settings and GPS is on
I tried Dashcam Viewer again and this is what comes up but just hope you can read the pictures OK

Attachments

• IMG_20220205_144637.jpg
    IMG_20220205_144637.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20220205_144725.jpg
    IMG_20220205_144725.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 21
It sounds like you have a dead GPS module.

It may be useful if you posted a link to a sample video file for others to test in Dashcam Viewer.

Presumably you have installed the K-Lite Codec Pack Basic?

Last edited:
The GPS does not appear on the LCD Screen and I checked the settings and GPS is on
I tried Dashcam Viewer again and this is what comes up but just hope you can read the pictures OK
Can you post a picture of the cameras lcd screen with the GPS attached. Camera on obviously.

Wow I was convinced I had loaded the K-Lite Package but only downloaded it so now its installed Dashcam Viewer is working but no GPS so there is obviously a fault there somewhere that I will take up with Viofo - but Thanks Guys

Dead GPS modules have been posted about before across many dash-cams.

If it was a dead GPS module wouldnt that be obvious from the legend at the bottom of the image when video clip played on ordinary video player?

In which case, if setup correctly the speed should be in the video.

In this screenshot, the GPS module is working, but it has not yet caught a signal from the satellites.
And Dashcam Viewer shows the speed as 0 Km/h.

Attachments

• 2022-02-06_12-07-57.png
    2022-02-06_12-07-57.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Back