Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

Thanks, @suji_modern. I loaded the files you sent me and they seem to work just fine (see below). No errors reported.

In the Control Center, the last file has a "checker flag" indicating this video contains your fastest trip speed, but not error icon shown.

You may want to try clearing the cache, as mentioned in here.

vantrue_e1.jpg

Thanks, @suji_modern. I loaded the files you sent me and they seem to work just fine (see below). No errors reported.

In the Control Center, the last file has a "checker flag" indicating this video contains your fastest trip speed, but not error icon shown.

You may want to try clearing the cache, as mentioned in here.
I was able to solve the problem by performing a hard reset several times!
thank you! !

Attachments

• pic_log5230.png
    pic_log5230.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 1
@traveler
Unfortunately, the recommended Dashcam Viewer Plus (version 3.9.6) does not show the map and speed on my Viofo A 119mini2, but only the video. The GPS data is received by the dashcam. Is there a solution or does anyone know of an alternative program for such a GPS video?

Attachments

• dcvfehler.jpg
    dcvfehler.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 6
@Nedia, I tested my copy of Dashcam Viewer Plus v3.9.6 with footage from an A119 Mini 2 with firmware version v1.0_20231116 (latest available). The loading of the folder of videos (33 video files) took a few minutes and the popup panel that displayed the loading countdown would appear and disappear. After the 33 videos were processed, Dashcam Viewer Plus showed the map and the full route driven during that trip with speed info as well.

1710259545434.png

@rcg530
Thanks for your test! However, I am amazed that the map and speed can be seen because I use the same firmware version as you. What could be my mistake? Do you have a helpful idea?

@rcg530
Thanks for your test! However, I am amazed that the map and speed can be seen because I use the same firmware version as you. What could be my mistake? Do you have a helpful idea?
You don't show the status line in your screenshot, but if there are speed and GPS coordinates that suggests that there should be GPS data stored in the video file. One other "easy" way to test this might be to download that video file to your phone and play it using the VIOFO app. If you watch the video in the VIOFO app by playing it over the Wi-Fi connection, the VIOFO app will not display a map. You must download the video file to your device first.

After the download completes, you'll need to go back to the top level of the VIOFO app and go into the "MY MEDIA" option and select the video file you just downloaded. These steps are based on the iOS version of the app. When you play the downloaded file, there should be a map showing the route contained within that video file from the GPS data in that file. The VIOFO app does not seem to load much from the map provider (zooming in/out in the map did not provide any additional details in the map), but it did display the "route" (a red line) in the map window in the VIOFO app. If the red route line is displayed, then the VIOFO app is able to access the GPS data in the video file.

If the route is displayed during the VIOFO playback of the downloaded video file, the problem is likely related to Dashcam Viewer Plus. There could be a map API related issue in Dashcam Viewer Plus for your region of the world. You may want to contact @traveler and send him one of your video files to see if he can see why it's not working.

1710269794358.png

@rcg530
Thank you for the detailed answer!
In fact, it is also the case for me that the video and the map with the red driving line are displayed correctly on the Android smartphone in the Viofoapp.
I also think it's a DCV Plus problem and I've now written to John and sent him 3 files. I'm curious to see if and what I hear from him. I'll report back.

@traveler
Hi John,I have send you 3 files from my Viofo A119 mini2 ,can you please see what could be the reason why no speed data and no map can be seen in the full version 3.9.6 on my Windows 10/11 PC?

All data was transferred from the Viofo A119 mini2 to the smartphone via WLAN and then to the PC.

I was amazed that with the perfect display (video + speed data) with the DCV, only the target flag could be seen. If the map and speed were missing in the DCV, a wrench could be seen next to the flag. What could be the reason here? See photo:

Attachments

• schraubenschlüsseldcv.JPG
    schraubenschlüsseldcv.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 6
All data was transferred from the Viofo A119 mini2 to the smartphone via WLAN and then to the PC...
That's kind of important information. It's possible that the video files may have been somehow corrupted going from the camera to the phone then to the PC. Have you tried taking the memory card from the camera directly to the PC? That would eliminate that possibility.

John just told me that he had recognized the error. The solution will be solved with the update to version 3.9.7, he wrote to me, which I'm really looking forward to!

Hi,
i have the Pro version of the DashcamViwer, version 3.9.6. I am wondering if there are any plans to support 3CH cams (i own a Viofo A229 Pro 3CH). At the moment only front and rear are supported.

Thanks and kind regards
Quodlibet

@Nedla - yes, here you go! :)

Dashcam Viewer v3.9.7 Released

Dashcam Viewer
v3.9.7 was released today for both Mac and Windows. This release added support for three new models. Thanks to the users who provided the video samples.

New Camera Supports:
  • Added support for Viofo A119 Mini2
  • Added support for Viofo A139 Pro
  • Added support for Cooau D30
viofoa119mini2.jpg

Dashcam Viewer v3.9.7 playing Viofo A119 Mini 2 videos with GPS data/map shown

viofoa139pro.jpg

Dashcam Viewer v3.9.7 playing Viofo A139 Pro videos with GPS data/map shown

Dashcam Viewer and Dashcam Viewer PRO are PC/Mac applications that allow you to play your dashcam’s videos while simultaneously viewing your vehicle’s location on a map. There are many other features in the software which are detailed on our website (http://dashcamviewer.com). The free version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 2 videos at a time.

PS - I just realized this thread celebrated its 10th anniversary last month! Wow! Thanks everyone for keeping it going!

John,
Many thanks for creating such a great program.

Really appreciate the free updates.

May it & you continue for many, many years to come.

Thank you.

:cool::D(y)

Last edited:
I own Viofo A229 Pro. I tested it in Dashcam Viewer Plus 3.9.7. Map does not appear and Speed data is not processed. It can only play video.

You have a lock on GPS? I.e. the GPS light doesn't blink and is on? I have a Viofo A229 Pro 2CH and Dashcam Viewer does show the map and speed.
Do you have a internet connection? I had to configure my proxy settings in de application, it didn't take those from the OS.

And did you copy the files by connecting the microSD card to your computer? Or by other means?

Attachments

• A229 Pro English Manual.png
    A229 Pro English Manual.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 4
I have an internet connection. I copied the video files by inserting the Micro SD card into my computer. When I play the video with VLC Media Player, I can see the GPS data on the video screen. Dashcam Viewer Plus 3.9.7. does not display the map and does not detect GPS data.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 5
Back