Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

Amazing job John, really lokking forward to that feature: "ToDo: apply the skip value to the "merge videos" feature."

It is the reason i purchased with no second thoughts.

Hi everybody. First post. Ive had an A119s for about a week and like it so far.

GPS data isn't working properly for me in DashCamViwer 2.6.2. I found an old version (2.1.9) on the internet and it works fine so I know there is valid GPS data. I'm using a Viofo A119s. It was working on 2.6.1 for me. Any way to get 2.6.1 back? I don't have the setup file any more.

On 2.6.2 Google says no map data available and Bing puts me in the ocean near Africa. MPH always shows 0. Same video files worked in 2.1.9 and 2.6.1.

Any ideas?

GPS data isn't working properly for me in DashCamViwer 2.6.2. I found an old version (2.1.9) on the internet and it works fine so I know there is valid GPS data. I'm using a Viofo A119s. It was working on 2.6.1 for me. Any way to get 2.6.1 back? I don't have the setup file any more.

On 2.6.2 Google says no map data available and Bing puts me in the ocean near Africa. MPH always shows 0. Same video files worked in 2.1.9 and 2.6.1.

Any ideas?
is your camera using the latest firmware?

yes. 1.2 and I reflashed and reset to default before posting. Made sure GPS was on in settings.

A couple days ago I did run the google registry tweak for registerviewer to try that software. Not sure if that could be a factor. Unfortunatelly I don't have a restore point so I can't roll back. (Windows 10)

A couple days ago I did run the google registry tweak for registerviewer to try that software. Not sure if that could be a factor. Unfortunatelly I don't have a restore point so I can't roll back. (Windows 10)

that setting wouldn't effect Bing though, maybe @traveler has some ideas for you to try

Any ideas?

Hmm...I'm a little confused here. The version of Dashcam Viewer that you said works with the A119S (v2.1.9) was released in Aug 2016. But the A119S was released two months later (around October 2016). Support for the A119S wasn't added to Dashcam Viewer until v2.5.0 (November 2016). Also, I think the Google Maps bug you mentioned was fixed in version 2.5.9.

In any case, would it be possible for you to send me one of your A119S movie files that is giving you trouble so I can diagnose it? One way or the other we'll get to the bottom of it. See the FAQ, question #1, for instructions on sending me large files. Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks!
John

That does sound odd. My clips are set to 5 minutes. I'll set it to 1 minute for my commute today and shoot you a file when I get home tonight.

I've found 2.2 and 2.5.9 on the internet. Both of those work fine for me also. As soon as I upgrade to 2.6.2 it stops working again. Tried both overwrite installation of previous version and clean install of 2.6.2.

Dashcam Viewer v2.6.3 Released for Mac and Windows

Dashcam Viewer v2.6.3 is now available from our website. This hot fix addresses a DV bug in the Viofo A119/A119S GPS decoder algorithm, as described below:
  • Fixed bug in A119/A119S GPS decoder which would fail to process GPS data in some circumstances. Also, improved GPS decoder performance speed for the A119/S. Special thanks to @ssteven365 and other A119 users for reporting the issue!
  • Instant Replay icon arrow now points counter-clockwise. ;-)
Dashcam Viewer is available for Mac OS X and Windows (64-bit and 32-bit). Give it a try!

Download the free version from our website.

- John
http://dashcamviewer.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

Dashcam Viewer v2.6.4 Released for Mac and Windows

Dashcam Viewer v2.6.4 is now available from our website. This version adds a number of new features, including…

New Features:
  • [Windows] Dual-channel dashcam support added to the Windows version! Select between front or rear movies at the toggle of a toolbar button. Alternatively, use the ‘r’ key to swap movies.
  • [Mac] Dual-channel dashcam users can now switch between four movie modes: front movie, rear movie, front/rear (PiP), and rear/front (PiP).

Use the new dual-cam toolbar button to switch between front/rear camera modes
  • [Windows and Mac] Export MOV enhancements: Dual-channel dashcam users can now chose to export movie clips in front-only, rear-only, front/rear, or rear/front PiP movie modes.
  • [Mac] Added support for Mini 0801S (thanks Phil W.)
  • Added support for Transcend DrivePro 220 with firmware 2.0 (thanks Stephen C.)
Bug Fixes:
  • [Windows] Improved behavior of DV when clicking in a graph to jump to a new movie position. Now two clicks are not required.
Dashcam Viewer is available for Mac OS X and Windows (64-bit and 32-bit). Give it a try!

- John

Dashcam Viewer v2.6.4 Released for Mac and Windows

Dashcam Viewer v2.6.4 is now available from our website. This version adds a number of new features, including…

New Features:
  • [Windows] Dual-channel dashcam support added to the Windows version! Select between front or rear movies at the toggle of a toolbar button. Alternatively, use the ‘r’ key to swap movies.
  • [Mac] Dual-channel dashcam users can now switch between four movie modes: front movie, rear movie, front/rear (PiP), and rear/front (PiP).

Use the new dual-cam toolbar button to switch between front/rear camera modes
  • [Windows and Mac] Export MOV enhancements: Dual-channel dashcam users can now chose to export movie clips in front-only, rear-only, front/rear, or rear/front PiP movie modes.
  • [Mac] Added support for Mini 0801S (thanks Phil W.)
  • Added support for Transcend DrivePro 220 with firmware 2.0 (thanks Stephen C.)
Bug Fixes:
  • [Windows] Improved behavior of DV when clicking in a graph to jump to a new movie position. Now two clicks are not required.

- John

nice development and good to see as we're close to public release of our dual channel SG9663DC, once we release I will send you a sample camera

a few bugs with file handling with the SG9663DC but I think that's due to having limited files for testing purposes

Last edited:
I checked and Yandex charges $2100 year to use their maps API. :eek:

Back