The 2-channel dashcams I've tested for dual-cam compatibility are:
  • Blackvue DR550GW-2CH,
  • Blackvue DR650GW-2CH
  • Innov K1
  • Koonlung K1S
  • Panorama X2
  • StreetGuardian SG9663DC
  • Vantrue N2
It may work with others, but these are the only ones I've tested it against.

Loading dual-channel movies is essentially identical to loading single channel movies:
  1. Load the parent folder containing the movies: Use the Open Movie Folder button or menu. Or drag-and-drop the folder onto the gray area of the player window.
  2. Load individual front channel movies using the Open Movie Files button or menu. Or drag-and-drop front channel movies from the movie folder onto the gray area of the player window.
Dashcam Viewer will auto-detect the dashcam model and scan the folder for matching front/rear pairs. For best results, make sure there are no orphan movies in the folder. If there are, DV will load it in the sequence but it will not have a "mate" and the dual-cam toolbar button will be grayed out.

Since this is the first version released with dual-cam support for Windows, there may be some gotchas in the code. I'll do my best to eradicate these buggers as they are discovered.

John

Can anyone here advise me. I just got a Thinkware F770 and I use Macs. The Thinkware viewer doesn't seem to play the videos from their own dashcam. I get just a black screen.

I also downloaded Dashcam Viewer and I have the same issue.

Is there any software other than quicktime or iMovie that I can use to merge and view the footage from the F770?

The MP4 format used by the Thinkware F770 is not compatible with the Mac version of Dashcam Viewer. It is also not compatible with Apple's own QuickTime Player 7. This is frustrating for me too since the F750 and F770 are popular dashcams.

Happy to see dual channel support finally come to Windows! I have 2x Street Guardian SGZC12RC, if I wanted to play both front and rear footage together is it the same principle as a dedicated 2 channel camera?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

There's currently no way to sync two separate cams in DV. Could be done in theory by cropping in an external editor, but probably not worth the trouble.

The MP4 format used by the Thinkware F770 is not compatible with the Mac version of Dashcam Viewer. It is also not compatible with Apple's own QuickTime Player 7. This is frustrating for me too since the F750 and F770 are popular dashcams.

My Mac is using Quicktime 10. It works with that. Is the issue Thinkware is using too old or too new a version of Quicktime?

My Mac is using Quicktime 10. It works with that. Is the issue Thinkware is using too old or too new a version of Quicktime?

Thinkware is using a movie container format that is not understood by the video backend of Quicktime 7, which is used in Mac DV. I don't know why they chose to do this. Most dashcam manufacturers movies can be played in Quicktime Player 7.

Dashcam Viewer v2.6.5 Released for Mac and Windows

Dashcam Viewer v2.6.5 is out and available from our website. This version adds a number of new features and supports additional dash cams as described below:

New Features:
  • Merge Movies feature now respects the active movies in the Control Window. Non-active movies and their GPS data will not be exported (i.e., skipped).
  • After a Merge Movies, the Merge Windows now disappears.
  • Default directory for Merged files, CSV, GPX, and KML exports is now the Desktop instead of the Dashcam Viewer folder.
  • Improved load speed of Novatek-based dashcams under certain conditions.
  • New left/right arrow icons in Dashboard Window.
  • Vehicle placemark icon is now a dot instead of a pin.
New Camera Supports:
  • Added support for Mio MiVue 698 Dual Channel (Mac only)
  • Added support for NextBase 512G (Mac and Windows, thanks, Brian K.!). Sorry, no 402G yet.
  • Added support for NextBase 302G (Windows only)
Bug Fixes:
  • Movie start markers are now at their proper locations on the Map.
  • Fixed bug that could cause DV to not find the 2nd channel movie for Koonlung K1S and Innov K1 dashcams. This fix is somewhat experimental since I have only a few test case movies for these dashcams.
Download the free version from our website.

- John
http://dashcamviewer.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

Using an Viofo A119 V2 with 2.06 firmware, yesterday I took a video segment that I made on the way home from work. Before I updated and after I updated to this version the video through DashCamViewer was sluggish, slowing down then speeding up to catch up etc.

Wonder if it is caused by my resolution setting of 1920x1080P 60fps?

Perhaps the 60fps is too fast to be processed properly by any chance?

The default resolution is 2560x1449p 30fps.

Using an Viofo A119 V2 with 2.06 firmware, yesterday I took a video segment that I made on the way home from work. Before I updated and after I updated to this version the video through DashCamViewer was sluggish, slowing down then speeding up to catch up etc.

Perhaps the 60fps is too fast to be processed properly by any chance?

The default resolution is 2560x1449p 30fps.

It's your computer. Try 1080 @30.

...Before I updated and after I updated to this version the video through DashCamViewer was sluggish, slowing down then speeding up to catch up etc.

Perhaps the 60fps is too fast to be processed properly by any chance?....
I would suspect not. There have been a number of reports of DCV displaying this behavior - in my case it does it at 1080P 30fps.

If it's the computer you'll get a similar lag using other players like VLC or WMP.
There is an inherent problem with the Windows version of DCV. I get the same playback symptoms only with DCV - all other programs function acceptably including RV, Windows Media Player, VLC, Corel Video Player, CyberLink, etc. on all my computers.

Krelvin contacted me separately and told me he is using Win7 on an i5 processor.

The recommended system requirements for running Dashcam Viewer are Windows 10 and preferably an i7 processor. This is stated on the dashcamviewer.com website and in the User Manual.

Most folks have reported good results with that combo. The video codecs DV uses under Win7 are not optimized and can lead to sluggish behavior. I see the same sluggishness using my old i3/Win8 machine.

VLC and WMP use a different video backend that performs better under Win7 and Win8. Sorry, my third-party video library doesn't use the same backend and I can't change it. At some point I plan to re-architect DV to use a different video backend, but of course by the time I do that most folks will already be running Win10 or better and the problem will be moot. ;)

That said, Krelvin may have better luck with 1080p 30 fps or even 720p. Let me know.

John

I just moved the files over to my primary workstation which is a bit more powerful and it appears to work fine there.

Workstation:
Win7 Pro - Intel i7-4770 @ 3.40GHz 16GB Ram with a Nvidia GTX 645 graphics card

Notebook:
Win7 Pro Intel i5-3210M CPU @ 2.5Gz 8GB of Ram with an Intel HD built in graphics card (not very good)

I do a lot of video stuff on the notebook though so I was a bit surprised.

Dashcam Viewer v2.6.6 Released for Mac and Windows

Dashcam Viewer v2.6.6 is now available from our website. This version adds new features, addresses some longstanding quirks, fixes bugs, and adds support for additional dash cams. Details below

New Features:
  • Replaced Bing maps with Mapquest maps due to upcoming deprecation of Bing Maps API v7.
  • “Click-To-Go” is now supported in Windows. With this feature enabled, you can click on your Route line in the Map and the movie will jump to that point.
  • You can now switch between Google and Mapquest maps without having to reload movie files to see your route.
  • Improved load speed of RAC210 and Cobra CDR855BT movie files.
  • Improved load speed of Falcon Zero F170 movie files
  • Improved accuracy of speed in Falcon Zero F170 movies
  • Improved auto-detection of Vantrue N2 dashcam GPS data
New Camera Supports:
  • Added support for Mini 0906 Dual Channel (thanks, @Rayman.Chan )
  • Added support for Mini 0806S (thanks, Ken S.)
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed bug in RAC210 GPS data scanner which could lead to data not being read for large movie files.
  • Improved Click-To-Go behavior with Google Maps. Previously CTG would not work if you clicked directly on the Route line. This has been fixed.
Download the free version from our website.

- John
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

Thank you very much for your effort, John!

that is really a good news for mini users!

Hi everyone. We just released version 1.2 of Dashcam Viewer. This version supports the 3-axis shock sensors in the Mini 0801. Data from these sensors are displayed in the Graph window. Current DCV users can download the new version using the "Check for new version" feature under the Help menu. Or anyone can download it from:

We are also pleased to announce the release of Dashcam Viewer for Windows. The Windows version offers the same capabilities as the Mac version, plus some additional controls for the brightness and contrast of the video. Although the Mac version has been field tested for a few weeks I'm calling the Windows version a "public beta" since this is its first release.

Changes in v1.2 include:
  • Added movie playback and GPS data support for Powerucc Panorama II dashcam. Dashcam Viewer now supports the Mini 0801, BlackVue DR400, DR500, and Powerucc Panorama II dashcams.
  • Added graphical displays of shock-sensor data for Panorama II, Mini 0801, and Blackvue DR400/500 cameras.
  • Preferences: Added “auto-fix” option for correcting biases between camera timezone setting and computer timezone setting. Try this is you see the movie but the graph cursor is not moving.
  • Preferences: Timezone offset setting is no in hrs/min/sec instead of decimal hours.
  • Added Bring All To Front option under Windows menu
  • Increased digits displayed on cursor in Graph views for HDOP and Distance.
  • Updated URL to website
  • Updated User Manual
Screenshot of new G-Forces graph:
gforces.png

PM me if you run into any showstoppers.

Regards,
John
Hello,i want to know the spec of this kind of dashcam.

Back