DashCam Viewer is now FREE for all Street Guardian customers ($25 USD value) Windows & Mac, Single and Picture in Picture Dual Channel Compatible

have checked it here and the timelapse files for front and rear work just like the normal files, if you're able to share some sample files would be helpful, would need at least the last two (front/rear) files before going into parking mode and the first two (front/rear) files from when you parked, if you can upload here would be appreciated https://streetguardian.wetransfer.com/

How do you export just a clip? This feels like one of those Socrates products that tries to be so easy to use that they make it hard to do simple things.

have checked it here and the timelapse files for front and rear work just like the normal files, if you're able to share some sample files would be helpful, would need at least the last two (front/rear) files before going into parking mode and the first two (front/rear) files from when you parked, if you can upload here would be appreciated https://streetguardian.wetransfer.com/

Sample files sent!

Rick, I've figured out the problem....
When you double click on a parking mode file to view, both front and rear are synced up perfectly.

If you watch a normal driving video clip, which is the one just before it switches to parking mode, only once the next one in the sequence starts auto playing (which is a parking video) does it revert to showing the rear view footage from the previous file which will be driving, while the front will show timelapse while parked.

The same issue occurs whether you're viewing the front or rear as the main picture with the other in a little window to the side.

Bear in mind you must watch the video all the way through from the beginning and let the next one in the list auto play to see this issue happening!

Rick, I've figured out the problem....
When you double click on a parking mode file to view, both front and rear are synced up perfectly.

If you watch a normal driving video clip, which is the one just before it switches to parking mode, only once the next one in the sequence starts auto playing (which is a parking video) does it revert to showing the rear view footage from the previous file which will be driving, while the front will show timelapse while parked.

The same issue occurs whether you're viewing the front or rear as the main picture with the other in a little window to the side.

Bear in mind you must watch the video all the way through from the beginning and let the next one in the list auto play to see this issue happening!

will try this and see if I get the same

@dino, @jokiin The problem is that Dashcam Viewer can't find a matching "B" movie for the "A" movie named 2018_0901_151338_061A.MP4. Here's why: take a look at your movie file listing below.

2018_0901_151227_059A.MP4
2018_0901_151227_060B.MP4
2018_0901_151338_061A.MP4
2018_0901_151341_062B.MP4

The "B" movie starts 3 seconds after the "A" movie according to the timestamp in the filename. Dashcam Viewer has 'fuzzy logic' to find a "B" file that is +/- 2 seconds from its "A" file. But in this case the difference is +3 seconds so DV didn't match it. Simply change the "41" in the "B" filename to "38", "39", or "40", then the B file will load with the A file.

A band-aid solution would be for me to increase the fuzziness of the filter to account for, say, a +/- 4 second difference between A and B movie filenames, but a better fix would be to have the firmware create identical timestamp filenames for the A/B movie pairs.

John
http://dashcamviewer.com

@dino, @jokiin The problem is that Dashcam Viewer can't find a matching "B" movie for the "A" movie named 2018_0901_151338_061A.MP4. Here's why: take a look at your movie file listing below.

2018_0901_151227_059A.MP4
2018_0901_151227_060B.MP4
2018_0901_151338_061A.MP4
2018_0901_151341_062B.MP4

The "B" movie starts 3 seconds after the "A" movie according to the timestamp in the filename. Dashcam Viewer has 'fuzzy logic' to find a "B" file that is +/- 2 seconds from its "A" file. But in this case the difference is +3 seconds so DV didn't match it. Simply change the "41" in the "B" filename to "38", "39", or "40", then the B file will load with the A file.

A band-aid solution would be for me to increase the fuzziness of the filter to account for, say, a +/- 4 second difference between A and B movie filenames, but a better fix would be to have the firmware create identical timestamp filenames for the A/B movie pairs.

John
http://dashcamviewer.com

I'm not sure we can do what's needed in firmware as the timestamps reflect the time it happens, altering that to a different value could be an issue, will look into it anyway

@dino, @jokiin The problem is that Dashcam Viewer can't find a matching "B" movie for the "A" movie .... A band-aid solution would be for me to increase the fuzziness of the filter ....

I'm not sure we can do what's needed in firmware as the timestamps reflect the time it happens, altering that to a different value could be an issue, will look into it anyway

Thanks for my best support experience ever! A business taking a minor bug like this one so seriously, that's amazing. (y)I wish all businesses would work like you do! :):)

Last edited:
Is there a 32-bit version? Unfortunately I'm still on 32 bit Windows.

Is there a 32-bit version? Unfortunately I'm still on 32 bit Windows.

The Street Guardian licensed version started with the new 3.x version of DashCam Viewer.

The older Legacy 32-bit non-Street Guardian version 2.7.8 isn’t/wasn’t compatible with the new dual channel products as well. It was too much work to keep things backwards compatible to get the performance improvements that were needed.

System Requirements:
64-bit Windows 10 recommended for best performance
Installation Notes. Required: K-Lite Codec Pack

Mine wont play my rear cam(B) MP4 video files, only the (A) a front cam. Although while playing the front cam, it does show a picture in picture of the rear video. Just cant play the rear only. I click on the B file and nothing happens.
Is this normal fellas ?

Mine wont play my rear cam(B) MP4 video files, only the (A) a front cam. Although while playing the front cam, it does show a picture in picture of the rear video. Just cant play the rear only. I click on the B file and nothing happens.
Is this normal fellas ?
You may have to copy or rename the 'B' file to eliminate the 'B'. That how I got it done with my paid version.

Edit: When playing the combined A and B file you can toggle between the two.

@traveler I just updated to 3.2.1 from 3.1.1 and there is no sound playing when watching footage using either version. If I open a file using Windows Explorer then the sound plays just fine. :unsure:

Back