DashCam Viewer is now FREE for all Street Guardian customers ($25 USD value) Windows & Mac, Single and Picture in Picture Dual Channel Compatible

I updated to version 3.2.1 but I no longer get the GPS map or graph in dashcam viewer with my SGGCX2PRO (firmware 1.15), and I cannot export GPX files from dashcam viewer (the file is created but is just nonsense). The camera is correctly recording speed and recording this in the video. Additionally, I have examined the MP4 files with a hex editor and confirmed that the camera is correctly adding the GPS data to the files.

The problem seems to be that dashcam viewer can't read the files for some reason. Any ideas?

I was using 3.1.1 before . I've tried reinstalling that one, but it now doesn't work.

I've not made any changes to the camera, so I don't know why the software should suddenly stop working.

did you just update the software or remove and install?

I would think it's a setting issue on your PC, although you're on an older firmware there's nothing in that which would impact playback with the new version

I updated to version 3.2.1 but I no longer get the GPS map or graph in dashcam viewer with my SGGCX2PRO (firmware 1.15), and I cannot export GPX files from dashcam viewer (the file is created but is just nonsense). The camera is correctly recording speed and recording this in the video. Additionally, I have examined the MP4 files with a hex editor and confirmed that the camera is correctly adding the GPS data to the files.

The problem seems to be that dashcam viewer can't read the files for some reason. Any ideas?

Update to firmware 1.22 https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sggcx2pro-beta-firmware.37803/

format card and test fresh recordings

I've found the problem!! Thank you for your patience.

The problem was I had formatted the card, and immediately turned the camera off. As a result, it had recorded a file a fraction of a second long with no GPS data. When this file with no GPS data is present on the memory card, dashcam viewer cannot load any GPS data at all from the card. Deleting the file solved the problem.

I had done the same with a second card, which is why I was struggling to find the cause of the problem.

Always good to start with a clean slate for trouble shooting, so a fresh format of memory card should be high on the list of people having some sort of problem with hardware or related software.

I recently just had to reinstall win7 64bit so I lost my earlier version of the SG software. I have tried installing v3.1.1 but it wont run and gives the error message
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing - try reinstalling. Have tried but get same message. I also downloaded and ran the codec pack 1512.

Any help would be appreciated/

Will have to have a look and see what that DLL is, not something that comes up on a standard windows install so something is amiss

This is a good deal. Well done SG.

I recently just had to reinstall win7 64bit so I lost my earlier version of the SG software. I have tried installing v3.1.1 but it wont run and gives the error message
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing - try reinstalling. Have tried but get same message. I also downloaded and ran the codec pack 1512.

Any help would be appreciated/

Looks like it's part of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio, Here's a link to help you fix it.

Thanks - I was researching the web and found that the Visual Studio was probably the problem. Installed 2015 and it is working however I am having problems reading the cards from the camera, the pc wont recognise the card inserted into the card reader - any suggestions

Thank you; my fool, didn't realise that the usb connector was a card reader :mad: will go and try it.

Actually, since I'm here, one thing I really, really miss from the old Registrator Viewer is that Dashcam Viewer doesn't seem to indicate on the timeline nor on the GPS map where a marked video happened. In other words, there's at least 6 minutes of video for 3-minute segments, and there's no easy way to tell where during that time I may have pressed the button to mark that Read Only.

I've enabled Markers in the map, too, but it doesn't seem to do that. Is this something that can be added? Or is it something that's already there, and I just can't find it? I want to be able to quickly jump to whatever point in the video I pressed the button.

Additionally, I can't seem to figure out how to make it process consecutive videos as one. This is especially obvious when an event of interest happens over the break in the 3-minute rollover. I've had to export/merge multiple videos into a single video, and then load that one video (which loses all meta data) into Dashcam Viewer, and then cut the clip out from there. There's got to be a better way, right?

Back