Dashcam viewer issue on Mac

sbrews

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have 3 Macs and installed Dashcam viewer on all of them. On 2 of the macs (mini, imac) there is no issue - dashcam viewer happily loads/plays dashcam video (from rexing v1p-4k). On the 3rd mac - macbook pro - I get an error (see attached) when attempting to load exact same video. I havent been able to figure out exact cause yet... videos that dashcam viewer says it cant load, load up just fine in VLC and/or Quicktime without issue - so that would seem to negate the possible codec issue given in the error message.

Has anyone run into this or something similar? if so, how did you resolve it?

I have tried
- logging out/in
- rebooting
- removing/reinstalling dashcam viewer

Not a big issue since I can get the video to load on the other computers (and this one, just not in dashcam viewer), but it would be nice to have it working on all.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 7.09.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 7.09.19 AM.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 5
... and I think I found the answer to the problem. Basically, I will be using my NEWER computers with the above mentioned software. The mac laptop is a 4th gen intel chip and looks like one needs to be at least 6th gen (or better) for h.265 videos to work... still weird as I can load said videos in quicktime and/or VLC. Oh well... new laptop at some point in the future.

Quicktime has always worked here - no need of Dashcam viewer.

I have 3 Macs and installed Dashcam viewer on all of them. On 2 of the macs (mini, imac) there is no issue - dashcam viewer happily loads/plays dashcam video (from rexing v1p-4k). On the 3rd mac - macbook pro - I get an error (see attached) when attempting to load exact same video. I havent been able to figure out exact cause yet... videos that dashcam viewer says it cant load, load up just fine in VLC and/or Quicktime without issue - so that would seem to negate the possible codec issue given in the error message.

Has anyone run into this or something similar? if so, how did you resolve it?

I have tried
- logging out/in
- rebooting
- removing/reinstalling dashcam viewer

Not a big issue since I can get the video to load on the other computers (and this one, just not in dashcam viewer), but it would be nice to have it working on all.
We have updated our GPS playback software for desktop and laptop, check it out! Please make sure you download the correct the file, there a dedicated one for Mac and for Windows!

Back