Dashcam Viewer software for Mac: Panorama II beta testers wanted

traveler

App Developer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119V2, SG9665GC, SG9663DCPro + many more
Hi everyone. I'm looking for a couple of Mac folks to help me test Dashcam Viewer with movies produced by the Powerucc Panorama II. Dashcam Viewer is a Mac player I originally wrote for the Mini 0801 camera, but I've been adding support for other cameras like the BlackVue DR400-500, and now the Panorama II.

Unlike the other dashcams, the Panorama II embeds its GPS data inside the movie file. I was not able to obtain the official technical documentation for how this data is stored, but by reviewing helpful posts on this forum I was able to find a method to retrieve and parse it. So far it works on the test movies I've been using but I'd like to have a couple of people test it before I make it official. BTW, this version does not support the G-force data yet.

For reference, here's a movie of Dashcam Viewer working with BlackVue camera:

Please PM me if you are a Mac OS X 10.6.8+ user and are interested in testing.

Thanks,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the support John!

hi, I can do this.

BUT not overly seriously until april. I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks & hope to have a dvr or 2 to use. Currently I've got something ( no GPS ) from Aliexpress, which may need to be returned. Depending on the outcome of the dispute I've created. More on that later, when the result is finalised. I've got about 120 3 minute videos, so far. Some 720 & others 1080.
I have just ordered a Panorama II ( from shpkorea ), which should arrive well before I leave.

I have a mac mini running OS10.9.something & on old imac with OS10.6 or 7 on it.

david

Back