Dashcam with power input for flashing light (for police)

stijnfolkers

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

I have a question. Are there any dashcams available with some kind of power input that can be triggered by for example a beacon / flashing light? An example, the police asks us for a dashcam that has this kind of function, so that they only have to put on the beacon / flashing light and so that the dashcam starts filming immediately!

Happy to hear from you!

Stijn

A7 based cameras already have traffic light/stop go alarm (Papago 520) so if they can detect traffic lights, why not flashing lights of the cruiser?

Actually that idea should be available for consumers to bypass ACC circuitry so it goes to battery power when pulled over and asked to turn off the car.

Jokiin is right; all they need to do is wire the switch that turns on the flashing lights to also turn on the camera.

this is how I’ve wired up my two DVR’s, but instead of wiring them up to flashing blue light (that I don’t have on my car) I’ve wired mine up to my lights, so when the lights are on (in the Elise, I switch the lights on 100% of the time when driving) so are the two DVR’s, an easy job for the police to have the DVR(s) coming on with the flashing lights

. . . Actually that idea should be available for consumers to bypass ACC circuitry so it goes to battery power when pulled over and asked to turn off the car.

Thanks - never thought of that need. The circuit I use maintains power after key removal for some set time until the door is opened. I'll have to remember that if stopped.

Back