DC Mini 2 & Tandem skip recordings

kikoma

Reaction score
Country
Albania
I have three cameras in my car - Tandem and 2x DC Mini 2, front and back. Today, I got notification that something triggered the "camera" while in parking mode. However, the videos completely missing. The recordings are 9:36AM then straight to 9:45AM. 10 minutes completely missing. This is not an isolated case. All of the cameras are this way most of the time. Constantly getting missing recordings. I'm using the 12V outlets for all of them. I would think it's something wrong with the outlets. But It was exactly the same with my previous car.

Is anybody else having this issue? And I'm not sure which Garmin rep to contact since I bought all three from different markets - Amazon and 2 countries while traveling around Europe.

I have three cameras in my car - Tandem and 2x DC Mini 2, front and back. Today, I got notification that something triggered the "camera" while in parking mode. However, the videos completely missing. The recordings are 9:36AM then straight to 9:45AM. 10 minutes completely missing. This is not an isolated case. All of the cameras are this way most of the time. Constantly getting missing recordings. I'm using the 12V outlets for all of them. I would think it's something wrong with the outlets. But It was exactly the same with my previous car.

Is anybody else having this issue? And I'm not sure which Garmin rep to contact since I bought all three from different markets - Amazon and 2 countries while traveling around Europe.
Are you sure the recordings are missing? Did you check the SD card? The event recordings are moved to a special folder.

Are you sure the recordings are missing? Did you check the SD card? The event recordings are moved to a special folder.
I did, yes. I checked the cameras first, the took the SD cards out to see if something was "hidden" there. But no luck.

I reset the cameras and they worked fine for while but I'm having the same issue again. Also the recordings start few minutes after the engine is started.

Something is a miss here. The cameras generally start recording in less than 30 seconds. Have you tried different cards?

Something is a miss here. The cameras generally start recording in less than 30 seconds. Have you tried different cards?
I replaced the cards some time ago. The old ones and the new ones were as per Garmin's guide. But I'll post a photo of the cards tomorrow just to be sure they're the right ones.

The white one I’m using with the Tandem and the other one is in the DC Mini 2. I seriously hope I got the wrong cards because I have no idea what other than that it could be.

IMG_5726.jpegIMG_5725.jpeg

Back