Mini 2 low quality video

jaisjool

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
when i save the camera image on my phone it looks poor quality on my computer 360p. previously 1080p. When I connect the memory card to my computer, the videos show as 1080p. I have this problem after the last update. help please.

Having the same problem. Just bought a Mini 2, installed latest update and when downloading videos via wifi using garmin app, the quality is poor 640x368. When downloading directly from sd card, the quality is good, 1080p as it should be. I attached some screenshots from the same clip for clarification.

Maybe there is a way to revert back to previous firmware? If anyone can help.
6B7578B6-0867-4D60-BCB4-941309075E9F.pngD0D36DEF-B4F6-4CAB-9A9C-8F69F6463CBB.png

Last edited:
@jaisjool Before updating the camera were you able to download 1080p videos using drive app?
Im trying to figure out if my mini has a problem or they changed something with this last update.

I just returned it. Cant accept this kind of nonsense from a dashcam.

You wouldn't want to download 1080p video over Wi-Fi anyway. It would take forever. Take the card out and put it in your computer. Copy will be exponentially faster.

Come on, man! There are 1440p dashcams with very good downloading speed.
If 1080p "would take forever" than wifi capabilities of that dashcam would be very very poor and could be a reason for returning it.

Come on, man! There are 1440p dashcams with very good downloading speed.
If 1080p "would take forever" than wifi capabilities of that dashcam would be very very poor and could be a reason for returning it.
I don't know of any dashcam that has a good download speed.
I guess Garmin made a conscious decision not to focus on fast Wi-Fi chipset knowing that most people wouldn't download often.
In Garmin's mind you are using it wrong ;)

On a good 5 ghz WIFI camera, you can Dl 330 MB of footage ( 3 min file ) in 30 seconds,. thats okay i think, seeing as on a slow wifi camera the same would take 4 - 5 minutes.
The same file with the memory card in a good card reader, you can DL to your computer in 5 seconds.

Good or not wifi speed, i would only use wifi to do setting changes, i can not see how i should ever have a need to share anything at the site of a event.
If i see someone else that have a event, sure i would like to share with them to make sure the right one get to pay, but then i would just share my e-mail ( as i do not share my phone number with anyone ), then they cam mail me and i will send then a link so they can DL the video and pass it on to their insurance,,,, alond with my info in case they need a witness statement.
And if you are the "like to share" kind of person, well if you can not wait until you get home to do your ( whatever social media upload ) well i think you should seek professional help.

Last edited:
I don't know of any dashcam that has a good download speed.
I guess Garmin made a conscious decision not to focus on fast Wi-Fi chipset knowing that most people wouldn't download often.
In Garmin's mind you are using it wrong ;)
Viofo A119 mini that i am curently using downloads a 3 min clip, 1440p high bitrate arround 500-600 mb of size, in less than 30 seconds.

Viofo A119 mini that i am curently using downloads a 3 min clip, 1440p high bitrate arround 500-600 mb of size, in less than 30 seconds.
So that is about 3 minutes of video for me (Garmin DC57 writes about 170MB/min)
Still not fast enough. I usually download the whole card (256GB) twice a month.
If I did it over Wi-Fi that would be hours... :(

Back