Ddpai M6+ - My first dash cam

Ok, well it sure looks like you don't even need one from that video you posted. I see no reflection from the dash of the car at all.
You made a good choice with that camera I think.. The only thing that I wish is that it had a capacitor.
Yes, if it had a capacitor, I would keep it on all the time and remove the camera at home. Perhaps DDpai will make that change in the future.

I put the CPL filter on temporarily last night. After I get some night video, I'll review them and see if I want to make it permanent.

Today I had some errands to run. As soon as I got in the car and pulled the app up, another update showed up. It took about 6 minutes to download the 23 MB update and about 1 minute for the update to be uploaded to the camera. I'm now at version 3.3.1.6. That's three updates in the short time I've had the camera.

When I get some night video, I'll post some videos with the CPL on to show the difference.

Last edited:
It sure sounds like good support for this camera...at least in the update category anyway.

There is another update today (Aug 22, 2016) to v3.3.1.7

There is another update today (Aug 22, 2016) to v3.3.1.7
Seriously? I just updated around 3:30PM to 3.3.1.6. Oh well, I'm going out driving tonight to get some night video, I'll see if it updates again.

The 3.3.1.6. actually came out Saturday, Aug 20th for me. Maybe you just didn't notice it then.

Awww nothing for the Mini2 since Friday. Any idea what the changes are?

Found this - looks the same to me?

2016-08-21发布更新
【M6 Plus 摄像机版本号】v3.3.1.7
主要新特性:
1、新增运动版功能;
2、优化关机流程;
3、优化MP4文件存储;
4、解决gsensor低概率异常bug;
5、解决预览切换回放,缩略图低概率下载失败bug

2016-08-21 release updates
[ M6 Plus v3.3.1.7 camera version number]
Major new features:
1 , the new Sport version features ;
2 , optimize the shutdown process ;
3 , optimization of MP4 file storage ;
4 , solve gsensor low probability of abnormal bug;
5 , solve the preview to switch back to thumbnail low probability download failed bug

Awww nothing for the Mini2 since Friday. Any idea what the changes are?

Don't read Chinese, but here it is for someone to translate, please:

pkyo.png

.... nevermind, you beat me to it.

Google translate works pretty good. If you install the app on your phone, it can even read screenshots and pictures.

I just went out to get some night video, and the camera was at 3.3.1.7, so it updated a second time without me even knowing it.

I posted two videos to Youtube:

Daytime video with the DDpai CPL stick-on filter temporarily attached.

Nighttime video with the DDpai CPL stick-on filter temporarily attached.

After reviewing the videos, I decided to permanently attach the CPL filter.

Thanks for posting the videos I may get a filter now. Much appreciated

The vico power plus has a temperature cut off built in. Would this not allay your fears over the lipo battery ?

The vico power plus has a temperature cut off built in. Would this not allay your fears over the lipo battery ?

LiPo batteries can be a bit sensitive to charging/discharging. Model airplane/cars, etc when charging those they put them into an asbestos bag in case they catch fire.

you can certainly set a lower temp for the cutoff to reduce risk, LiPo batteries are only stable to 45°c when powered which you could easily exceed pretty quickly even in very mild weather when a car is parked out in full sun

You notice jokiin says "reduce" risk......

you can certainly set a lower temp for the cutoff to reduce risk, LiPo batteries are only stable to 45°c when powered which you could easily exceed pretty quickly even in very mild weather when a car is parked out in full sun

Ah! Well I live in Scotland so I don't need to worry about exceeding 45deg ;)

Back