Ddpai m6 plus

Got mine Saturday not fitted it yet but been having a play with it. Can't get it to work with a 64gb class 10 card it will format. But then get an error says card size is 1024mb. Seems to record using a 32gb card.And the app does not give you the option on android to save to an sd card only internal memory.

Does it save with no card in it?

But its giving you the option on the app to save to internal memory?

On your phone, the app allows you to save clips to your phone but only has the option to use your phones internal memory not your sd card.

Ahh ok I understand, im using a iphone which doesn't have a sd card.

Maybe close the app and try reformatting your 32gb card (if thats seems to be working) and when its done it usually gives you the option to update.

Obviously you need to reopen the app to do this :)

Cheers yeah it's done a few updates will have another play with it tomorow not fitted it yet but noticed it gets quite hot.

Yeah I noticed that, its been on in my car today and its a very hot day here and its been fine.

My 64gb card is in the post so I will let you know how I get on.

When you stick the mount to you screen make sure you get it right because theres no way you can pull it off to reposition it.

I bought the camera after seen the technoman review. So far it's a little beast, i installed a 128gb pny memory card yesterday and works great. Video quality looks great compared to other dash cameras. Specially low light performance. I installed it on to my mirror connector with a small 5v switch mode regulator. I was lucky that my mazda auto dimming mirror has standby 12v and switched 12v. I ended up connecting it to standby power since mazda is my daily driver. So far power draw not have been an problem. When i tested it with the regulator, it drew ~3w continuously even on parking mode with it taking timeslaps videos. Hopefully ddpai will release an update to shutdown gps, lower clock speed and even lower resolution to conserve battery draw. If anyone needs the link to where i bought my pny memory card let me know.

Did you format your 128gb pny memory card in the DDpai or on a computer using software? I assume it needs to be in FAT32 format, is that right?

Did you format your 128gb pny memory card in the DDpai or on a computer using software? I assume it needs to be in FAT32 format, is that right?
When i first got it i ran through memory card check software on my computer with exfat or some sort of a format. After that when i plugged it in to the camera, gave me an error about the memory card. I just went in to the memory management option on the app and pressed format. Worked without a problem after that.

Got my 64gb card working i formatted it in my pc to fat32 and set the partition active using minitool partition free. The dashcam can then format it :) noticed every time you format the card it then downloads e-dog what ever that is?

Mike

Just got mine, put in my 128gb samsung evo+, plugged in power, said didn't recognise the card, found format in the app, clicked that and voila the camera formatted it to 119gb and works perfectly so far.

Quick drive last night in the dark no lights whatsoever up here in the mountains, very impressed with the night performance with just my cars lights.

Don't seem to be able to get the app to play the video with the map together on my phone. App not the most intuitive I've come across. Hopefully have more time to play with it tomorrow

Im having trouble using the park guard/time lapse feature. I have a hard wire kit with the yellow wire for this feature but it only goes in to time lapse mode when I connect it to a 12v battery charger. I also connected it to a 12v car battery out of the car and it still doesn't work.

Hi,

My Ddpai M6+ arrived today. I just wanted to ask if a Samsung 128gb Micro SDXC Class 10 Memory Card will work with the dashcam, as there seems to be conflicting reports.

Also, is the timelapse feature available other than when the vehicle is parked? I ask as I have a drive across Europe shortly and I would love to be able to use this camera to record a timelapse of my journey.

Regards.

Hi,

My Ddpai M6+ arrived today. I just wanted to ask if a Samsung 128gb Micro SDXC Class 10 Memory Card will work with the dashcam, as there seems to be conflicting reports.

Regards.

Well as I said in my previous post my Samsung 128gb evo+works great, once you have formatted it in the camera.

Thanks for the replies, I now have my Samsung 128gb enroute and I'll give his timelapse videos a look.

On a side note, I want to hardwire the dashcam into my car so it turns on and off with the ignition, I'm not interested in parking mode. I have looked around for a bit of a "kit" and found this;

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/nextbase-dash-cam-hardwire-kit-a45tx

What does everyone think, should it do the job for the Ddpai M6+?

Regards.

You need 1 with a micro usb not sure if the 1 in your link is micro.

Back