DDPai Mini 3 Parking Mode Settings

If you are using an Android phone you may need to turn off Mobile Data in the settings on your phone in order to see live video from the Mini 3 camera.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I have the new Mini 3 with the headphone jack connector. I just installed the "New" hardwire kit. The app on my iPhone Xr does not display the Voltage Setting option. The camera works normally, and I have the yellow wire attached to a fuse that has power when the car is off. I have tested this with a voltmeter. I cannot get the Parking Mode to activate and bought the camera for this feature. Is there a software update that has the battery voltage setting?

The menu with voltage setting option is only displayed when the camera is powered through the hardware kit.

The menu with voltage setting option is only displayed when the camera is powered through the hardware kit.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If I have the ignition on, the battery level setting is not present in the app. If I have the ignition off, my WiFi connection drops, and I have no connection to the camera to display any setting options. If what you saying about the app configuration is the case, then I am beginning to suspect that perhaps the default setting for the battery level is higher than my battery level, and when I switch the car off, my battery is already below a preset cutoff level for the camera? Therefore no connection is possible? As a test, if I connect the red camera lead to the yellow fuse panel connection, the camera runs fine with the ignition off, so I know it's getting power from the fuse panel to that yellow lead.

Edited to add: As an example, assume the default battery level setting on the app is 12.4v before any adjustment has been made. If my battery while the car ignition is off reads 12.2v, then I believe I will not get the camera to be active and no WiFi will be available to set the voltage cutoff level. Does that make sense?

When you said the camera option is only displayed while powered through the kit meaning while the car ignition was off, correct?

Last edited:
Hi, If I take the camera from the car and power it in my home, then I don't have the voltage setting option available.
While the camera is in the car and powered by the hardware kit (not the 12V usb adapter) then from the menu I can see the voltage setting option.
Does your hardware kit have the 3 wires - ACC(red, connected to non-permanent live ), VCC(yellow , connected to permanent live) and GND ?

Hi, If I take the camera from the car and power it in my home, then I don't have the voltage setting option available.
While the camera is in the car and powered by the hardware kit (not the 12V usb adapter) then from the menu I can see the voltage setting option.
Does your hardware kit have the 3 wires - ACC(red, connected to non-permanent live ), VCC(yellow , connected to permanent live) and GND ?

Yes, and I'm pretty sure they are hooked up correctly. The yellow to a 20A fuse that is always powered, the red to a 20A that is ignition switched. The camera becomes active with the ignition. If I take the red wire FROM the camera and connect it to the yellow wire FROM the fuse panel, the camera comes on regardless of the igniton position. This tells me that the kit wiring is functioning and the fuse connections are also correct. Soon I will connect a battery charger to my car to boost the battery voltage with the ignition off. I suspect the battery voltage is below the default setting in the app and therefore the Parking Mode cannot activate. Hopefully this will tell me if the app has the voltage selection built in, and also allow me to set it to it's lowest level.

I hope this all makes sense.

The default setting of the voltage is Middle(12V). I did set one time the voltage to be 12.4V, but it did turn off after 1 hour, so I prefer to keep it on 12V protection.

When the camera is in parking mode the led from the camera is blue(during the day is hard to see it). Even in parking mode you can connect to the camera to see live feed.

The default setting of the voltage is Middle(12V). I did set one time the voltage to be 12.4V, but it did turn off after 1 hour, so I prefer to keep it on 12V protection.

When the camera is in parking mode the led from the camera is blue(during the day is hard to see it). Even in parking mode you can connect to the camera to see live feed.

It was around 40F temp overnight so the battery might be the issue, it's 5+ years old, but has never been a problem. I have the charger on it now, and the cigarette plug that the yellow wire is attached to reads 13.4v on my handheld voltmeter. The camera did not start in Parking Mode when first hooked to the charger. I'll let it run for a while, then if the camera doesn't start up soon, check the voltage at the yellow wire connections. It could be a defective kit yellow wire between the bullet connection and the camera. That's about all that's left except the app, which I've deleted and reinstalled already. Thanks for your patience and input with this issue.

Edited to add: I just checked the voltage with the ignition off and on the camera side of the yellow kit bullet connection I get a reading of 12.88v. I guess I should check and see if I can find 12v at the camera phone plug with the ignition off & on. This might tell me if the camera is actually getting 12v from the yellow & red wires. The USB cable shows 5v at the tip of the plug camera end when plugged into my computer port. I suspect this is the operating voltage for the camera. This is measured at the tip, with the ground being the furthest sleeve ring. The other 2 rings have no reading. One of those is probably the Parking Mode supply which won't be available from the cigarette plug.

Last edited:
Yes, and I'm pretty sure they are hooked up correctly. The yellow to a 20A fuse that is always powered, the red to a 20A that is ignition switched. The camera becomes active with the ignition. If I take the red wire FROM the camera and connect it to the yellow wire FROM the fuse panel, the camera comes on regardless of the igniton position. This tells me that the kit wiring is functioning and the fuse connections are also correct. Soon I will connect a battery charger to my car to boost the battery voltage with the ignition off. I suspect the battery voltage is below the default setting in the app and therefore the Parking Mode cannot activate. Hopefully this will tell me if the app has the voltage selection built in, and also allow me to set it to it's lowest level.

I hope this all makes sense.
I am having the same problem. Parking mode does not engage when the car is off. And I don’t see a blue light. Did you find a fix for this problem?

No. I even replaced my car battery because I though since it was 5.5 years old and showing low voltage it may have caused the problem. It had no effect. I returned both the camera and hard wire kit to Amazon and gave them a poor review due to the lack of customer service. I think the problem is with the hard wire kit. I was able to measure 5 volts at the tip of the cable that plugs into the camera with the car off, so it was getting power, just not switching to parking mode.

When car is off there is no blue light and mini 3 shuts off and I cannot connect to the camera. I have the hardwire kit. I made sure the VCC and ACC wires are connected to the proper fuse. What could be causing my parking mode not to work?

No. I even replaced my car battery because I though since it was 5.5 years old and showing low voltage it may have caused the problem. It had no effect. I returned both the camera and hard wire kit to Amazon and gave them a poor review due to the lack of customer service. I think the problem is with the hard wire kit. I was able to measure 5 volts at the tip of the cable that plugs into the camera with the car off, so it was getting power, just not switching to parking mode.
Thank you for the reply. I was hoping you were going to give me the answer I wanted to hear and that you were able to fix it. Thank you for your input.

Hi, my ddpai mini3 hardware kit came with piggyback fuses, so it was very easy to install them into the fusebox of my car.
s-l1600.jpg

Before doing that, I watched a video about how to do that, in order for the piggyback fuse to be installed in the right position(which is in and which is out) The video can be found here:

Hi, my ddpai mini3 hardware kit came with piggyback fuses, so it was very easy to install them into the fusebox of my car.
View attachment 45632

Before doing that, I watched a video about how to do that, in order for the piggyback fuse to be installed in the right position(which is in and which is out) The video can be found here:
I followed those instructions precisely. My mini 3 turns off after I turn off ignition. The red light turns off. The off chime sounds. It does not go into parking mode. I wait more than 15 minutes. I go back in the car. There is no red or blue light. I turn on the car. I look through the video recording. There is no recording while parked. How do I know if the camera goes into parking mode?

If the camera is in parking mode then you have a intermitent blue light which is hard to see during the day.
After you install the the ddpai mini3 hardware kit, put a multimeter on the 2A fuse for VCC wire to see you get current on the multimeter while the ignition is off.

If the camera is in parking mode then you have a intermitent blue light which is hard to see during the day.
After you install the the ddpai mini3 hardware kit, put a multimeter on the 2A fuse for VCC wire to see you get current on the multimeter while the ignition is off.
I’m getting current while the ignition is off. I’ve tried multiple VCC and ACC locations. Multiple ground locations too. The camera turns off when ignition is off. I’m starting to think it’s a defective camera.

Hi. I also have the same problem I bought a camera ~moth ago and hardware kit with 3 wires. And I also sure that all of them mounted correctly. And I don`t see voltage settings in app. Also I`m a bit confusing that under Batter Protection for Parked vehicles there is a description about voltage "When the battery voltage is lower that this protection gear...". Settings values mix Chinese with English which also confused me whats happens.

There is a message about same issue on amazon (in comments) from DDpay Technology user : "We have fund the problem, and we'd like to send you a new hard wire kit". Seems that the problem in a kit 8-(

Hi. I’m having the same issue with my DDPai mini3c. I have the DDpai hardwire kit inatalled
In my VW Golf mk7 an I have tested the ACC and VCC with a multimeter, so I know it’s installed correctly. But it won’t enter parking mode, just dies. Before I return it, has anyone found a fix/solution?

Also, I keep seeing people say the voltages can be changed in the app, but the option is no where to be seen.

I’m wondering if this is the problem as my car doesn’t supply 12.4v at the fuses, more like 12.3 according to my multimeter.

Back