DDPai Mola N3

@jamayor no it's not possible to increase the duration of each video. I would have preferred 2-3 minutes at least, makes looking for a particular moment less tiresome. But the app timeline scrubber does make it easier.
Yes, it is what I have observed.

Perhaps to increase video length, more powerful camera hardware would be required.

Thanks.

The file length is just their choosing. Every processor I'm aware of can support longer files as well as adding user-selectable file lengths with the SDK. There's only limitations on the maximum file size based on what the file format of the card is. Any cam can do 3 minute files and most can do 5 minutes without exceeding the card format limit.

Most of my cams are set to 1 minute file length now, although I used to prefer longer. Several reasons for that. First is that if a file is corrupted not much is lost and maybe whatever is left will still help. Second is that you can UL a small file to email, YT, or a file-sharing site as-is without the need to edit or compress it because of oversize. Third is that I find it easier to locate an exact point I want to look at with smaller files (but your your viewing/searching teqhnique may differ). Fourth but most important is that I've found best reliability in all cams with 1 minute files. Some cams or cam-card combinations give trouble with longer file lengths and some don't, so other than for beta-testing I go with 1 minute files; they just seem to work best.

Phil

That makes sense. Is your new lead the correct one from DDpai?
I think il wait till you install your before I buy one.
I have now installed a replacement genuine DDpai cable with permanent, switched and earth connections & everything is now working as it should with the battery voltage selection for parking mode now showing in the App.

I have now installed a replacement genuine DDpai cable with permanent, switched and earth connections & everything is now working as it should with the battery voltage selection for parking mode now showing in the App.
Brilliant, thanks for the update.

Brilliant, thanks for the update.
Just be careful when purchasing the lead as the ones on AmazonUK are USB C not Micro, but the description doesn’t tell you what they are. The only one I can see available at the moment is from AliExpress, it’s only 10.65GBP, but delivery will be a few weeks.

Last edited:
Just be careful when purchasing the lead as the ones on AmazonUK are USB C not Micro, but the description doesn’t tell you what they are. The only one I can see available at the moment is from AliExpress, it’s only 10.65GBP, but delivery will be a few weeks.
I ordered mine last week from AliExpress for £10.88. My only other option was on eBay but they wanted approx £25, also 2 weeks delivery.

That's a crazy heck lot of money for hardwire kit when it's ~US$13 here :eek:

I have seen some videos of the Mola N3 camera with traffic lights recognition.
In the device configuration, I have seen some option with chinese characters that maybe refer specifically to that configuration.

Is it possible to configure the camera so that once it is installed and running, it warns you when the traffic light is green or red (ADAS)?

I am currently using App Version: v6.0.0.1209 Device Version: v7.0.0.7

Last edited:
Thanks for valuable info.
One question. Is it possible to playback files at a later time via app and watch the GPS position on map?

@jamayor It will only announce when red light turns to green at the moment of changing. It does not warn when green turns to amber or amber to red. In our country we do not have red-amber-green sequence, so I cannot confirm the presence or absence of such detection. It will also announce when a stationary object in front has moved forward.

@simfun The driving track playback on a map and video recording playback are so far on different screens in the phone apps. Or I might have missed it somewhere deeper in.

Finally I set the ADAS option on the camera. Of the three possible settings, I activated the first of all. I think the three possible options with high, low and off.

After that, when stopping at the first traffic light I could hear the "green light" message when the light changed to green.

Apart from that message, from time to time I hear another message in english that I do not quite understand. "...... start".

Can someone please point me to that full message in english?

Thanks a lot.

@jamayor It will only announce when red light turns to green at the moment of changing. It does not warn when green turns to amber or amber to red. In our country we do not have red-amber-green sequence, so I cannot confirm the presence or absence of such detection. It will also announce when a stationary object in front has moved forward.

@simfun The driving track playback on a map and video recording playback are so far on different screens in the phone apps. Or I might have missed it somewhere deeper in.
So, can you download somehow the video and the GPS data and watch them offline?

Finally I set the ADAS option on the camera. Of the three possible settings, I activated the first of all. I think the three possible options with high, low and off.

After that, when stopping at the first traffic light I could hear the "green light" message when the light changed to green.

Apart from that message, from time to time I hear another message in english that I do not quite understand. "...... start".

Can someone please point me to that full message in english?

Thanks a lot.
Think its "please make ahead start", does it when a stationary car in front moves forward but I could be wrong

Think its "please make ahead start", does it when a stationary car in front moves forward but I could be wrong
Yes, surely that is what he says but I have a hard time understanding the accent that voice has.

My native language is not english either.

Thank you.

M6+ vs N3 both set to 1080p

I find the N3 vibrates over bumps causing the picture to blur and the colours are over enhanced IMO.

I was driving approx 25mph

I had to resize these screenshots because original file was to big to post on here.
Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 16.27.02.jpg

Last edited:
ThIs was stationary (M6+ right, N3 left)
Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 17.07.51.jpg

Last edited:
M6 left, N3 right
Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 17.09.35.jpg

Last edited:
@jamayor I believe it says "vehicle head start" or "vehicle ahead start". You'll hear it a lot in a traffic jam and you can stop to play with your phone a bit (depending on your views on this).

@simfun You can download the files, but the GPS data won't be there. There's a folder with a bunch of .txt files that looked like GPS logs, but they're empty when I open them. The app is supposedly able to overlay the Sense Reality graphics on top, but I've not managed to pull it off. Apparently only works with Mini 3, X2S/Pro, Mini 5. But those won't really contain the GPS track, just a bunch of telemetry data.

Back