DDPai Mola N3

@BigDaddyUK that's unfortunate isn't it. Let's hope they fix it in a future version. The file I flashed is 20201109035016_640769.zip.
Hi3556V200-NONESCREEN-OS04B_BT656-720P30 from ddpai.com= 20201109035016_640769.zip.
Hi3556V200-NONESCREEN-OS04B_BT656-720P30 from box

Can I have please your file? And I can share my for you...

Last edited:
richx
Downgrade firmware successfully.
I found a 16GB NoName sd card, formatted it on a PC. I dropped the Update folder on the sd card and here I think it's important !!! I connected the camera via USB-C not to a Charger but to USB on my PC (before that I tried all the time from charger and with a NoName card too). It took about 3 minutes for sure (maybe even more) and then the DashCam as usual started talking in English .
I am attaching for you the firmware 7.0.0.7

Last edited:
@BigDaddyUK Thanks for the firmware drop. Did you get the GPS speed embed function back with this firmware?

PS: I've not been able to download the file after several attempts. It'll slowly crawl until the file size, and then saves a 4kb HTML file instead. Any possibility of uploading to Google Drive / Dropbox / OneDrive instead? Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for the upload. Managed to get the file this time. Oh, I see the overlay is there, but the embed (normally beside the time, you can make it show the speed) option is it back in the camera settings? Mine disappeared after firmware update.

Do you mean speed right after time? No, I didn't have one out of the box !!
It is come back... :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201223-125645_DDPai.jpg
    Screenshot_20201223-125645_DDPai.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
The hardwired kit is a US$12 add-on when purchasing the dashcam. For that kind of money, it's hard to believe they've also included 3 types of fuse taps, 2 each. Mini, midi and low profile. Each one of them already have 2A fuses installed for the dashcam. The other slot is for your car's original fuse.

The fuse taps fit nice and snug on both male and female ends. In this example, a 2006 GD3 Honda Jazz (Fit in some countries), I've tapped constant power from the headlamp 20A fuse, and ACC signal from the cigarette port 7.5A fuse.

Here we can see the ground line terminated at the fusebox mounting bolt. The power supply unit itself tucked into the other side of the fusebox nicely. The taps and power supply leads are pre-crimped with terminals so that you can connect them without additional tools. All makes for a clean and easy install.

Yes, the dashcam is quite far away from the glass. It's not optimal and is a by-product of their decision to make the camera reversible so that you can get footage from inside the car as well. Of course at this mounted position, it is pointless to try to reverse it (because all you would see is the back of the mirror). The release isn't the smoothest as well, but okay it works if you wanna bring it down. I've aligned the lens to the centre of the mirror stalk, which means the power cable needs to go around the far side where the driver can see all that clutter :/

Once the phone app is connected and you go to camera settings, a new option appears. You can now configure the low voltage cut-off level to use. I've not checked how accurate these settings are (Viofo HK3 for example, 12.4v setting actually cuts off around 12.2v and then the battery will float at 12.3v after that once the load goes away). The parking mode timer also has some pretty odd options. I mean why would anyone want to record for just 15 minutes? I think 30 minutes would be a more appropriate minimum value. It would also be good to have option for say, 2, 4 and 18 hours as good mid-points between what is offered now.

After this we will probably test for parking mode reliability when the car hits 40+ degrees C in the middle of the day. I will not be testing for voltage cut-off stability because the monitoring tool is attached to another car. I will be reporting on battery float voltage after 6 hours as an indication maybe.

Overall, the availability and pricing of this hardwired kit, its quality and bundle, makes it a must-have when buying a Mola N3. Both items go for ~ US$60 on Lazada Malaysia, and I think is available regionally in South East Asia where Lazada operates.

Apologies for dragging up an old thread, please can you tell me what version of the App you are using in the above photos, my camera settings look different and I don’t have the Battery Protection Voltage Section, just the time selection and I don’t seem to be getting any parking recordings? I have the DDPai also fitted in a Honda Jazz (Fit) and the hardwire kit connection to fuses 27 & 21 as in your pictures.

Apologies for dragging up an old thread, please can you tell me what version of the App you are using in the above photos, my camera settings look different and I don’t have the Battery Protection Voltage Section, just the time selection and I don’t seem to be getting any parking recordings? I have the DDPai also fitted in a Honda Jazz (Fit) and the hardwire kit connection to fuses 27 & 21 as in your pictures.

My current app version is 6.0.0.1124 from Google Play Store, it's a bit different in cosmetics now but the options and settings are all there. The screenshots I believe were version 5.7.13.0115.

You might want to check your fuse map. Sometimes the cars are localized a bit differently due to regulatory requirements in respective countries. I think I used the fuses for headlamp (always on) and cigerette plug (switched).

My current app version is 6.0.0.1124 from Google Play Store, it's a bit different in cosmetics now but the options and settings are all there. The screenshots I believe were version 5.7.13.0115.
Thanks, I wonder why mine (IOS) is not showing battery voltage settings?

I'll check it out on Monday with my iPhone and see what shows up there.

@Jim45 here it is, DDPai app from App Store running on my iPhone. The voltage and recording time-out settings are available. You might want to check if your parking kit leads are powered (ie, battery lead is 12v+ all the time, ACC lead is 12v+ only when car key is in and 0v otherwise) as expected using a voltmetre, and then check the micro USB connect to the camera mount. Re-seat the camera into its mount too. Other than that, I can't think of why it wouldn't show up, other than the power supply main IC (in the bead) is broken.

IMG_7814.PNG

Do you mean speed right after time? No, I didn't have one out of the box !!
It is come back... :)
Do you have option to enable H.265 recording in this firmware version?

@Jim45 here it is, DDPai app from App Store running on my iPhone. The voltage and recording time-out settings are available. You might want to check if your parking kit leads are powered (ie, battery lead is 12v+ all the time, ACC lead is 12v+ only when car key is in and 0v otherwise) as expected using a voltmetre, and then check the micro USB connect to the camera mount. Re-seat the camera into its mount too. Other than that, I can't think of why it wouldn't show up, other than the power supply main IC (in the bead) is broken.

View attachment 54792

Thanks, that’s very helpful. I suspect there is a fault in the power lead, I have ordered a replacement, see how that goes and report back.

I recently bought a DDPai mola n3 (with GPS) dashcam for my new car. The firmware version installed is v.7.0.0.7.

I have searched www.ddpai.com and http://en.ddpai.com/ for the latest firmware version available.

I am reading that there is also version v7.0.1.13.20200910 which I believe is the latest, although some users have had problems.

Can someone please point me to the firmware download link for the mola n3 ?.

Thank you.

I just discovered that to download the firmware I have to go to http://en.ddpai.com/ and change the language to Chinese.

Then in mola n3, downloads, the file with the firmware to install appears.

Back