DDPai Mola N3

MOLA_N3_V7.0.1.13_200910_BBS+(2)
Thank you!

Finally, what version of firmware have you left installed on your mola n3 with GPS?

I also have mola n3 with GPS.

Last edited:
Thanks, that’s very helpful. I suspect there is a fault in the power lead, I have ordered a replacement, see how that goes and report back.
Im having similar problems, I have time out but no voltage. Let me know how you get on with your new power lead. Thanks

Im having similar problems, I have time out but no voltage. Let me know how you get on with your new power lead. Thanks
I have the new lead but it's too cold outside to install it at the moment. The old lead caused my battery to run down even though the parking mode was switched off, which is why I had to remove it. It seems strange you have the same problem and in the UK as well.

I have the new lead but it's too cold outside to install it at the moment. The old lead caused my battery to run down even though the parking mode was switched off, which is why I had to remove it. It seems strange you have the same problem and in the UK as well.
I am using a iPhone 5 which might be my problem even tho I have the latest firmware 7.0.0.7
Im using my old lead which works fine but still have this problem. I would try a USB type C lead if I had one and give the dash cam a 5v supply.

I am using a iPhone 5 which might be my problem even tho I have the latest firmware 7.0.0.7
Im using my old lead which works fine but still have this problem. I would try a USB type C lead if I had one and give the dash cam a 5v supply.
I presume you are using the hardwire kit?

Yes, one iv had for years. Used it for my M6+
My App version is 6.0.1
Is your hardwire kit 3 wire and the same type as the current kit sold by DDPai?

My App version is 6.0.1
Is your hardwire kit 3 wire and the same type as the current kit sold by DDPai?
Yes 3 wires but not exactly the same as the ddpai.
I just tried the non hardwire lead and theres no difference in the app.

Yes 3 wires but not exactly the same as the ddpai.
I just tried the non hardwire lead and theres no difference in the app.
Therein lies your problem, you will only get the voltage options with the correct DDPai lead as it includes a voltage regulator that you set in the App,

Therein lies your problem, you will only get the voltage options with the correct DDPai lead as it includes a voltage regulator that you set in the App,
That makes sense. Is your new lead the correct one from DDpai?
I think il wait till you install your before I buy one.

richx
Downgrade firmware successfully.
I found a 16GB NoName sd card, formatted it on a PC. I dropped the Update folder on the sd card and here I think it's important !!! I connected the camera via USB-C not to a Charger but to USB on my PC (before that I tried all the time from charger and with a NoName card too). It took about 3 minutes for sure (maybe even more) and then the DashCam as usual started talking in English .
I am attaching for you the firmware 7.0.0.7

I would like to (finally) confirm that installing 7.0.0.7 restored speed imprint in the videos. Oddly enough the latest international app doesn't show option to enable ADAS while the China APK still allows ADAS functions to be set.

Also, the China APK does not have options to enable or disable GPS speed imprint, only the international app shows.

Also, this is to confirm 7.0.0.7 does not allow H.265 encoding no matter which app version is used to communicate with the camera. 7.0.1.13 allows H.265 encoding regardless of app version.

Herein we have to choose between having GPS speed imprint option in the video, or option to use H.265 encoding in the files saved (for more details? File sizes are not significantly smaller).

From today, I have a DDPAI Mola n3 GPS installed in my car (App Version v6.0.0.1209 Device Version v7.0.0.7) with extra 3.5m. hard wire hardwire charger from DDPAI.

Last week, when it was not yet permanently installed in the car, when turning on the camera connected to a USB cable that comes by default, I could clearly hear the message "Hello DDPAI" and later "GPS Connected" when it had a GPS signal.

Now I have it definitely installed in the car using the 3.5m long cable. (hard wire hardwire charger), but now I never hear the welcome message "Hello DDPAI" or "GPS Connected, even though the camera is working normally.

I have looked in the DDPAI application settings on Android and changed some, but the two messages still go unheard.

I have tried in the app to activate and deactivate the switching tone, but it does the same.

Only for curiosity, has anything changed recently in the camera settings or firmware that prevents me from hearing those messages that I used to hear every time I turned it on?

Thanks!.

From today, I have a DDPAI Mola n3 GPS installed in my car (App Version v6.0.0.1209 Device Version v7.0.0.7) with extra 3.5m. hard wire hardwire charger from DDPAI.

Last week, when it was not yet permanently installed in the car, when turning on the camera connected to a USB cable that comes by default, I could clearly hear the message "Hello DDPAI" and later "GPS Connected" when it had a GPS signal.

Now I have it definitely installed in the car using the 3.5m long cable. (hard wire hardwire charger), but now I never hear the welcome message "Hello DDPAI" or "GPS Connected, even though the camera is working normally.

I have looked in the DDPAI application settings on Android and changed some, but the two messages still go unheard.

I have tried in the app to activate and deactivate the switching tone, but it does the same.

Only for curiosity, has anything changed recently in the camera settings or firmware that prevents me from hearing those messages that I used to hear every time I turned it on?

Thanks!.
Have you accidentally turned down the volume?

@jamayor It's quite likely your camera has been active all this while. Since it never turned off, it won't give a wake up message when you start your car. If you would like to confirm this, you can set the parking mode timer to 1 hour. Come back to your car after leaving it for more than 1 hour and you should hear both messages.

Have you accidentally turned down the volume?

No, it is not a low volume problem.

The volume is approximately 9 out of 10 and when I move the volume bar I hear a confirmation sound on the camera.

When turning the camera on and off there is sound, but not the message like "Hellodindinpai" and not even "GPS connected". . When turning off the car contact with the camera permanently connected 24 hours., there is also a sound like musical notes.

Although I am in the open sky with GPS coverage, there is no GPS message connected either.

@jamayor It's quite likely your camera has been active all this while. Since it never turned off, it won't give a wake up message when you start your car. If you would like to confirm this, you can set the parking mode timer to 1 hour. Come back to your car after leaving it for more than 1 hour and you should hear both messages.

Yes, what you say makes a lot of sense because the first time I observed that (not to hear the messages) was when I took the car out of the workshop where they had installed the camera and the long cable to the fuse box to leave it connected 24 hours.
in parking mode, even if the car was stopped.

Before that, I had always heard the two messages because it was not working in parking mode and I connected the camera to test and then disconnected it.

I guess it would also suffice to disconnect the usb connector from the camera mount and reconnect it. I think that must be the reason that I did not understand.

Thanks a lot!.

P.S. Today I have tried to remove the camera from the bracket and reconnect it and in effect, when it is turned on again, the messages are heard just as they were before. Better that way and that it only be heard after being disconnected.

Last edited:
By default, all H264 videos recorded by the DDPAI Mola N3 camera are 1 minute long ?.

Is it possible to modify the duration of the video?

I just read that it is not possible to increase the recording duration of 1 minute for videos.

Last edited:
@jamayor no it's not possible to increase the duration of each video. I would have preferred 2-3 minutes at least, makes looking for a particular moment less tiresome. But the app timeline scrubber does make it easier.

Back