DDPai Mola N3

Iv sorted it now. I had a piece of cardboard between the mount and the camera (to stop vibration) and this was affecting the connection.

Thanks

In your screenshot, I see all other files are starting with a S_ prefix (which I believe is used only for event videos to be permanently retained). These won't match the GPX file names (none of them will have the S_ prefix) and hence RV will have no GPS information to use. You'll see that the RV screenshot I posted also has no GPS info for the entry which has the S_ prefix.

I would probably first investigate why most of the videos are saved with S_ prefix by your cam and fix that issue.

On a side note, I also forgot to mention that the batch file that I attached in my previous post uses 7zip to unarchive the tar file. Will update that step to mention this. If you haven't already, ensure that you have 7zip installed and included in your PATH environment variable.

In my case, I have the Mola N3 GPS camera permanently connected to the battery via the long Hardwire Kit cable.

Until now I did not know, but not discovered that those files that begin with S_2021XXXX correspond to recordings of the camera when recording in parking mode.

I have formatted the card in the camera and after several days, I have removed the card and I have verified that there are still some files whose name begins with "S_2021XXXXXX"

I'm going to try again to copy the 'DCIM' folder with all the files to a local folder and manually delete all the files that start with "S_" to see what happens when trying to play the rest of the files from RV.

I have 7zip installed on my PC and in the 'extract-gps.bat' file added:

SET PATH =% PATH%; "C:\Program Files\7-Zip"

I have placed a 'PAUSE' after each .bat line to be able to read that each of them is executed correctly.

I don't know if there are any error messages after running in W10 'SyncDateTime.ps1' with PowerShell.

Is it possible in any way to view the messages of the execution of 'SyncDateTime.ps1 ?.

Well, as shown in the screenshot, after deleting all the files that begin with "S_" and executing the file 'extract-gps.bat' from the folder 'V:\DDPAI MOLA N3\DCIM\203gps\ tar ' and execute' SyncDateTime.ps1 'with PowerShell from the folder 'E:\DDPAI MOLA N3 \DCIM\203gps', the result is the one that appears in the image.

There is no path of the route taken nor information on the duration or speed of the trip made.

Do you know what could be the cause of it?

mola.JPG

Last edited:
Is it possible in any way to view the messages of the execution of 'SyncDateTime.ps1 ?.

Well, as shown in the screenshot, after deleting all the files that begin with "S_" and executing the file 'extract-gps.bat' from the folder 'V:\DDPAI MOLA N3\DCIM\203gps\ tar ' and execute' SyncDateTime.ps1 'with PowerShell from the folder 'E:\DDPAI MOLA N3 \DCIM\203gps', the result is the one that appears in the image.

There is no path of the route taken nor information on the duration or speed of the trip made.

Do you know what could be the cause of it?

Couple of things that I could observe:
  • I presume V is the virtual drive you have created. DCIM should be the root folder in the virtual drive. It should read as V:\DCIM\...
  • Not sure what your E: drive is (sdcard or local folder?) - you'll have to run extract-gps and syncdatetime both from the same drive (local) but different folders.

To investigate this further, let's consider the 17 mp4 files that RV has grouped under the name "20210127140521_0060(17)". Verify the following:
  • You should have 17 gpx files in V:\DCIM\203gps with the same names as the 17 mp4 files (responsibility - extract-gps.bat)
  • The "Date Modified" attribute of the 17 gpx files should match the "Date Modified" attribute of the 17 mp4 files (responsibility - syncdatetime.ps1)
If the above points are confirmed, then the scripts have done their job correctly.

A snapshot of my folders again for reference:

1611810136659.png

Couple of things that I could observe:
  • I presume V is the virtual drive you have created. DCIM should be the root folder in the virtual drive. It should read as V:\DCIM\...
  • Not sure what your E: drive is (sdcard or local folder?) - you'll have to run extract-gps and syncdatetime both from the same drive (local) but different folders.

To investigate this further, let's consider the 17 mp4 files that RV has grouped under the name "20210127140521_0060(17)". Verify the following:
  • You should have 17 gpx files in V:\DCIM\203gps with the same names as the 17 mp4 files (responsibility - extract-gps.bat)
  • The "Date Modified" attribute of the 17 gpx files should match the "Date Modified" attribute of the 17 mp4 files (responsibility - syncdatetime.ps1)
If the above points are confirmed, then the scripts have done their job correctly.

A snapshot of my folders again for reference:

View attachment 55163

In effect, drive V: \ is the virtual drive.

Drive E: \ is the local drive where the files are copied from the microSD card reside.

In the end I have achieved it with your help !!!

The problem was that I had not correctly configured the subst command in W10.

It have to indicate subst.exe V: "E: \ DDPAI MOLA N3 \" and it had indicated subst.exe V: "E: \ DDPAI MOLA N3 \ DCIM".

Subst was not pointing correctly to the root of E: \ DDPAI MOLA N3.

Your two files 'extract-gps.bat' and 'syncdatetime.ps1' do the job properly.

Thanks again!.

mola.JPG

Last edited:
Powers up when both feeds are live (red & yellow). If I turn power off on any of them wires the camera turns off.

Parking mode doesn't appear to be working, I'm testing it again now.

Red wire = Acc, Yellow = constant live
It sounds like you have no permanent power to the yellow wire

It sounds like you have no permanent power to the yellow wire
Iv sorted it now. I had a piece of cardboard between the mount and the camera (to stop vibration) and this was affecting the connection.

Thanks Jim

Thanks Jim
Great

@Sara.ramli

I have returned to testing and copied the entire contents of the microsd card to a local folder.

I have observed that no information appears from the GPS data prior to a certain date (02/04/2021). Before that date, the info of the traveled routes (distance, speed, height, etc.) does not appear.

After that date, the GPS data does appear.

I've checked twice by copying all files back to a local folder and the same thing happens again.

I have looked in the local folder E:\DDPAI MOLA N3\DCIM\203gps and there are no .GPX files older than that date.

However, in the local folder E:\DDPAI MOLA N3\DCIM\ 200video\ front there are still all the .MP4 video files prior to that date.

The oldest video files in E:\DDPAI MOLA N3\DCIM\200video\front are dated 01/29/2021. Videos from that date (01/29/2021) play well but without GPS data.

Captura3.JPG

Any idea why they might not appear?

I have not erased or formatted the memory card in quite some time.

Perhaps they have been automatically deleted by the camera software as more storage space is required for video?

Thank you.

Captura.JPGCaptura2.JPG

Last edited:
@Sara.ramli

I have returned to testing and copied the entire contents of the microsd card to a local folder.

I have observed that no information appears from the GPS data prior to a certain date (02/04/2021). Before that date, the info of the traveled routes (distance, speed, height, etc.) does not appear.

After that date, the GPS data does appear.

I've checked twice by copying all files back to a local folder and the same thing happens again.

I have looked in the local folder E:\DDPAI MOLA N3\DCIM\203gps and there are no .GPX files older than that date.

However, in the local folder E:\DDPAI MOLA N3\DCIM\ 200video\ front there are still all the .MP4 video files prior to that date.

The oldest video files in E:\DDPAI MOLA N3\DCIM\200video\front are dated 01/29/2021. Videos from that date (01/29/2021) play well but without GPS data.

View attachment 55419

Any idea why they might not appear?

I have not erased or formatted the memory card in quite some time.

Perhaps they have been automatically deleted by the camera software as more storage space is required for video?

Thank you.

View attachment 55416View attachment 55418
See if you have the gps files for those dates archived in the 203gps\tar folder with the extension as .git. If they are not there, then there is a chance that the camera might have erased them permanently.

Vea si tiene los archivos gps para esas fechas archivados en la carpeta 203gps \ tar con la extensión como .git. Si no están allí, existe la posibilidad de que la cámara los haya borrado de forma permanente.
I have looked and they are not all gps files. Older .GIT files are also dated 02/04/2021.

I guess the camera must have erased them.

Captura.JPG

Hi, i curently have a ddpai m4+ in the front and a mini in the rear, im looking to upgrade, im looking at 2x mola or 2x mini5 , can anyone confirm that the person detection actually works, they both show it with the parking mode on aliexpress, i need this feature . So if some thief comes hanging about near the car it will record in real time. Thank you.

Hi, I just bought a Mola N3 and installed with the hardwire kit to my car today. It seems to work fine, at least with the Android app. When I arrived home from my first test drive I wanted to check the contents on the camera with my PC, so I removed it from the windshield (only the camera of course). Since I don't have a card reader in my laptop, I wanted to connect the cam directly via a USB-C cable to my PC. The camera turned on, but in my PC I did not see any sign of the camera in the Device Manager. Is it normal operation that the cam makes no data connection via the USB interface?

Hi, I just bought a Mola N3 and installed with the hardwire kit to my car today. It seems to work fine, at least with the Android app. When I arrived home from my first test drive I wanted to check the contents on the camera with my PC, so I removed it from the windshield (only the camera of course). Since I don't have a card reader in my laptop, I wanted to connect the cam directly via a USB-C cable to my PC. The camera turned on, but in my PC I did not see any sign of the camera in the Device Manager. Is it normal operation that the cam makes no data connection via the USB interface?
As far as I know the USB C connection on the camera is not wired the conventional way. Pretty sure its mentioned in this thread.

@ADD150N DDPai models do not have motion detect in parking mode. They record 1fps time lapse, or G-sensor event based for up to 30 seconds and then goes back to sleep.

@kogabe The power supply interface does not have the usual USB data link. It's only used for power and communicating with GPS bracket. It's also pretty amazing you have a USB-C tip small and long enough to plug it in. I tried but I didn't have a suitable cable tip.

@Carloz @richx thanks for the reply!
It seemed like a good idea to directy transfer files from the cam to my laptop. Indeed, I saw somewhere here the irregular USB-C pinout as well, but then it was a bit controversial since others mentioned after firmware change from CN to global version the cam would boot up only after connecting directly to a PC, and not just a simple power supply.
By the way, I could simply connect the USB-C interface with a regular Samsung cable, but the cam will just behave like it was connected to a power source. Probably the GPS is not using USB standard to connect to the cam.
So I guess the only way to download videos at faster speed than the WiFi (takes about 30s transfer time for 1min file) would be to take out the memory card and put into a reader.

Hello, i do consider buying this cam but i would like to ask if there is any way to flag or mark current recording clip to prevent from overwriting in loop ? I have b40 a118 dash cam at the moment and there is a button in the middle to save clip (flag current recording to stop it from overwriting in loop)

Yes there is a lock button on the mount (see number 9).
This button is not for locking files, but locking the CAM physically to the GPS cradle.
I've been using my camera only for 1 day, but have not found any option to lock emergency files. But there is an emergency folder, so probably it works automatically when the G-sensor is triggered. Hopefully someone has a better experience than me of how this works exactly.

@Carloz @richx thanks for the reply!
It seemed like a good idea to directy transfer files from the cam to my laptop. Indeed, I saw somewhere here the irregular USB-C pinout as well, but then it was a bit controversial since others mentioned after firmware change from CN to global version the cam would boot up only after connecting directly to a PC, and not just a simple power supply.
By the way, I could simply connect the USB-C interface with a regular Samsung cable, but the cam will just behave like it was connected to a power source. Probably the GPS is not using USB standard to connect to the cam.
So I guess the only way to download videos at faster speed than the WiFi (takes about 30s transfer time for 1min file) would be to take out the memory card and put into a reader.Does your laptop have a normal
Does your laptop have a normal USB port? If so you could use something like this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184420222720

Back