Dead A129 Pro after 20 months

ADashOfSpice

Reaction score
Country
United States
So my 20 month old A129 pro is dead. 20 months, but probably only 3-4k miles of mostly living in a cool garage as it's been during COVID. Noticed it wasn't working yesterday, and checked the video to find it was working 2 weeks ago, but not now. I checked it on a number of other USB sources both direct to the camera and to the GPS base, but it's not even powering up.

Any user serviceable parts inside? Any advice, or should I just buy a new one (with an extended warranty)?

Should have bought it with one of my credit cards that doubles the warranty

(p.s. with my old camera in the car right now, forgot how I liked the audible startup sound which confirms it's working without me having to look carefully)

Do you get any lights at all on any of the buttons?
No lights. No sounds. No reaction as far as I can tell. I've plugged it into my usual car USB source, the actual USB of the car, and my home charger. Nada.

Tried multiple cables, evey a 2-to-1.

No lights. No sounds. No reaction as far as I can tell. I've plugged it into my usual car USB source, the actual USB of the car, and my home charger. Nada.

How is your camera powered? 12V socket or Hardwire Kit? I assume you tested the 12V socket to ensure it's working and that you don't have a blown fuse?

The port is working fine- it powers my old dashcam

Also as I said before, I've tried to power it with various other USB ports and none work

It does seem dead. Not common at that age but with anything mass-produced there's going to be a few duds reaching the market and it seems you got one :cry:

Phil

Did you use the original USB cable and car charger? Please check if the camera port has broken.

The port is working fine- it powers my old dashcam

Also as I said before, I've tried to power it with various other USB ports and none work

The port on the Viofo A129 Pro may have gone bad or the unit failed. It's possible. Contact Viofo Support.

Back