Decision about a camera - specific requirements

dA_RoB

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Hi guys,

As I stated in the title and also in my introduction topic, I need a dashcam.
For this cam i would like to have following functions:
GPS
G-Sensors
Parking mode (10 s before motien resp. G schock should be on the video)
HD (1080@30fps would be a nice to have)
and now the 2 most important things: best buy and i need to have the speed in the video after the editing. actually, speed in the video is the most important thing.

i have looked at lots of cameras and i think the only one with these requirements at the moment is the itronics ITB100hd.
I have also looked at Lukas LK7900 ACE but i'm not sure if i can use the video editing sofware of the itronics on this one.
Also, personally VicoVation is one of my favourites, however it doesn't come with GPS.

So, I would like to hear your recommendations!
Feel free to recommend 2 channels dashcams as well as I am also interested in those! (would probably be the best idea for me).

Anyway, thanks for your help in advance!

Kind regards,
RoB

dA_RoB said:
Parking mode (10 s before motien resp. G schock should be on the video)

not sure what you mean here, 10s before?

for everything else just about every cam with GPS does what you want

10s before motion is nonsense. How should the cam know, that there's going to be motion in 10s? It would have to record nonstop, waiting for motion to happen to be able to keep 10 seconds of the past ... which makes a motion sensor useless.

I think the Lukas LK7900 or ITB-100HD fit your needs best. Both can be had for around $200. The Lukas price is lower now.

Not sure why you need the Itronics video editing software?

Last edited by a moderator:
With 10s before the shock, the camera is always "recording" but only if the g-sensor detects anything, it will make a new file with the 10s prebuffer and some seconds afterwards!
As an example, in the Lukas advertising it is stated that it will record 30 sec before/after the movement. This is very important for me, since some of the people in austria "park by feel" which means that they drive into the parking lot until they hit something (car in front or in the back) and then stop or driveaway!

The only thing that bothers me is if i look at the example videos of Lukas, i see that sometimes there is speed shown in the video and sometimes it's 0. why is that?

And what about the dual channel cameras? Which one would be best buy with the same criteria?

Thanks guys!

Maybe deactivated GPS? I would prefer if I can decide myself, if speed is shown or not :mrgreen:

I would rather prefer to have it on the whole time!
Finally the videos will be for me only, except something goes wrong!

dA_RoB said:
I would rather prefer to have it on the whole time!
Finally the videos will be for me only, except something goes wrong!

Exactly. You might crash and the police will see, that you were going way to fast :)

Back