Differences between SG9665GC V2 and V3

V2 CPL (left) vs V3 CPL (right)

5411dd6af634c9a5dd52cfe70b9921e7.jpg

78793afb54c0f47a91605cb5d9936add.jpg

So, reading through all the announcements regarding V1, V2 and V3 it seems the determining factor(s) in the version number changes were:

V1 to V2 - Use of protected memory for calibration data
V2 to V3 - Lens/housing/CPL changes

Any other changes along the way are pretty much incremental small improvements?

that pretty much sums it up

Any date for the V1 F/W release?.

waiting on the engineer to finish with it, hopefully not too far off

V3 looks bigger, does this influence the maximum angle the lens can make?

the filter has been made to work with a number of different lenses across a few different camera models that we will be releasing, have also shared this with @viofo for use on some of their models, working together with them has helped to increase our volume which in turn helps us to be able to reduce the price

That's good! but didn't answer my question. ;)

As you know this is the max angle on a thick mount on my car. How many degrees will I "loose" with a CPL?
xXRTbD6.jpg

Like new "lego" filter best, and like corporation with vifo :cool:

I think the limit of tilt on the lens is about the came with new CPL filter, but new mounts should alleviate this problem ?

That's good! but didn't answer my question. ;)

that's because I didn't understand your question ;)

the thick mount has been updated and now has an angle to it, don't have a photo of the new mount with me right now but it's wedge shaped to increase the clearance from the window

So you can get full lens tilt even with the CPL filter and on a close to or actually vertical windscreen ?

So you can get full lens tilt even with the CPL filter and on a close to or actually vertical windscreen ?

with the thicker mount on and maximum lens height there is about 1mm clearance to the window with the CPL on, keep in mind the wedge does add a bit of pitch downward as a result so still not really suitable for vertical windows, next model will be better for that, that said though I did notice when putting a V3 in my car today that even on the thin mount I was able to adjust the aim a little higher than before, the lens housing is slightly shorter than the old model, half mm here and there all adds up

keep in mind the wedge does add a bit of pitch downward
downward? Ai! that's the wrong way! for me.
I'll have to stick with the thin one then. Does a V3 fit on an V2 mount?

Baby steps but in the right direction.
giphy.gif

Back