Differences between SG9665GC V2 and V3

Why release the same old product if you can make it a little better at the same cost, i think its the same approach the "fruit company" use with their phones.

Cant argue with that!

Will the 9665GC V3 be able to support a remote/rear camera, like the SGZC12SG?

Much apologies..., but Im not sure what you mean. Are you saying that there will be a dual channel version of the SG9665GC V3 planned for release in 2017? Or is SG coming out with a whole new camera?

Much apologies..., but Im not sure what you mean. Are you saying that there will be a dual channel version of the SG9665GC V3 planned for release in 2017? Or is SG coming out with a whole new camera?

Completely different product, new model number/name.

FYI: North America SG9665GC v3 stock just sold out. More is en route and expected delivery is Friday the 16th or Monday the 19th depending on delays. (Amazon says the 23rd just in case it's longer)

Hopefully I didn't miss seeing this. I was hoping the new cam may have had a small design revision to put a small recess to allow better access to the SD card.

Hopefully I didn't miss seeing this. I was hoping the new cam may have had a small design revision to put a small recess to allow better access to the SD card.

we don't own the tooling for the main housing so not something we can control unfortunately

Thanks, that definitely makes installation easier. I had a lot of trouble removing the 3M adhesive from my dashboard with the removal string earlier.

Thanks, that definitely makes installation easier. I had a lot of trouble removing the 3M adhesive from my dashboard with the removal string earlier.

The string will create a pocket of air or lift a corner a bit, use the included pry tool bar after that. VHB should roll off pretty clean if done slowly.

Here us a fresh V3 sample video that was just shared in another thread.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fuehon9ylq3lz7n/2016_1215_095837_567.MOV?dl=1

Reminder for North America customers, notice 15/12/2016 instead of 12/15/2015
Unless you like the date Euro/Oz style, Don't forget to change your date format to MM/DD/YYYY
Edit: Or
YYYY/MM/DD (ISO 8601 standard)

(Default is DD/MM/YYYY)

fDFalQe.png

oJy5H4i.png

UHiSJ9c.png

Last edited:
Here is the "difference" between SG9665GC V2 vs SG9665GC V3 mounted in the car.

SG9665GC V2 vs V3 (1).jpg

SG9665GC V2 vs V3 (2).jpg

So... "Not much" is the answer? :)

So... "Not much" is the answer? :)

Yeah, we can start playing "Find 10 differences", but if judging about overall shape / footprint etc. - there is not much difference except V3 lens housing has "grooves" on top and bottom to mount included clip-on CPL lens filter.

Back