Discrete dashcam recommendations

Thus my proclivity for DIY mounts (y) You can almost always do better than with whatever is supplied which is designed to fit as many applications as possible, meaning that it will not be optimum in most installs :( People only notice it when they see it and it looks like a cam ;) Eliminate one or both of those and you've got stealth :cool:

Phil

All my mounts are the cheapo cycle helmet mounts stripped back as far as I can. With the cradle firmly screwed into the mount, the only real adjustment needed is up/down. It really is as minimalist as I can possibly make it

I'm a fan of those helmet mounts too. For very low cost you get a secure, reliable low profile camera mount. And if you need to make a lateral adjustment of a few degrees you can use an extra layer of 3m VHB tape on one side of the mounting plate and it will still adhere quite well, especially with only the weight of a Mobius on it.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of those helmet mounts too. For very low cost you get a secure, reliable low profile camera mount. And if you need to make a lateral adjustment of a few degrees you can use an extra layer of 3m VHB tape on one side of the mounting plate and it will still adhere quite well, especially with only the weight of a Mobius on it.
In the past, when really desperate, I've also used blu-tac since the Mobius is soooooo lightweight, there's virtually nothing hanging off the sticky and it held the cam stable for a whole day's shift. Not bad going in a bus with stoneage suspension.

In the past, when really desperate, I've also used blu-tac since the Mobius is soooooo lightweight, there's virtually nothing hanging off the sticky and it held the cam stable for a whole day's shift. Not bad going in a bus with stoneage suspension.

I've done that too with the Mobius! Blu tack is great stuff. I've used it for a variety of dash cam related needs.

Back