DOD LS300W DVR

Seems to be two updates on the link.
one is consistent with the Foxoffer had posted.
The second one does not know if it is older or newer.

Don't know where the second one came from but I got a reply from FoxOffer saying that new Firmware is a week or 2 away

Does someone know the difference between LS300W and LS300W PLUS?

Here they sell these two models:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Orig ... l#feedback

Here it says:
http://www.amazon.com/DOD-Recorder-Adva ... B00DDU9E7O
"DOD LS300W Plus is upgraded version from DOD LS300W, Car Plate Stamp function added."
But what does Car Plate Stamp mean?
Found:
You can input your car plate no. into your video. It will be a stamp on the right upper corner of the video. It will be a better proof of that this video is really take from in your car!

Do you think I will get an original ls300w plus if I order this one?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Orig ... 01519.html

Last edited by a moderator:
bobn27613 said:
Is this also true for the generic gs model

The Generic GT model will have LS300 Plus features after the next firmware upgrade apparently.

Actually, the ls300w plus is same as ls300w, ls300w also support plate Stamp function.

I received my brandnew LS300W today. I buyed it at aliexpress.com for 135 $ + ~43 $ Shipping.
I didn't want to wait for 4 weeks or more so I paid DHL express shipment and the package came to germany in one(!) day.
And I had to pay an extra fee for importing these article into the EU (~21 €). But I was aware of that and thats still cheaper then buying it in united kingdom.

Video quality is quite good.
MUCH better then Blackvue 500 (352 $ vs. 134 $).
No GPS but that's ok. I prefer better video quality.

In settings, there is an option called "720P 60FPS".
Here is a picture of this:
20130711175af1fa1f365af1fa1f035af1fa1fjpg.jpg

I'm not sure if this is just a trick or the video really has 60 fps.

Could someone please explain me why do you want to use 60fps? Whats the advantage of 60fps?

Edit:
Ok, I tested the 60fps option and it has not real 60 fps. Every 2. frame is the same frame as before.

What would be the advantage from 60fps?

Last edited by a moderator:
dashuser said:
I'm not sure if this is just a trick or the video really has 60 fps.
Could someone please explain me why do you want to use 60fps? Whats the advantage of 60fps?

I don't think it's real 60fps on the LS300W/GT300W, it's just doubled frames. 60fps would be more for the action cam crowd I guess.

You're right.
I added my result in my last post.

I changed the exposure to +2 and have to test it now.
+0 is too dark for me.

Maybe I will buy one of these with 64gb:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/B0084DWD4Q

I tested yesterday exposure +1 and this one is fine for me.

I wonder what would happen if the camera is completely destroyed after an accident.
Would the video file will be ok? Or will the file be unreadable?

if G-impact works

its suppose do a safe record

them you need luck whit microSD don´t smash

How does the motion detection (parking mode) work? Is this automatic, or do you need to manually control it to put it into this mode each time you want it to operate while parked?

How does the motion detection (parking mode) work? Is this automatic, or do you need to manually control it to put it into this mode each time you want it to operate while parked?

Motion detection can be activated manually from menu.
There are only very few dash cameras out there which goes automatically into parking mode ( motion detection ) mode after ignition switched off. For this you need to hardwire dash camera.
The only one with this function I have tested is Urive Albatross II. There are few more on Korean market, but they are not yet widely introduced to outside Korea public.

Motion detection can be activated manually from menu.
There are only very few dash cameras out there which goes automatically into parking mode ( motion detection ) mode after ignition switched off. For this you need to hardwire dash camera.
The only one with this function I have tested is Urive Albatross II. There are few more on Korean market, but they are not yet widely introduced to outside Korea public.

Thanks! How does it work manually putting it into parking mode if at that time the power is turned off?
Approximately how many hours/minutes does the 32gb card store? I understand 32gb is the limit, but also that the LS300W has a high bit rate and therefore high file size...

Thanks! How does it work manually putting it into parking mode if at that time the power is turned off?.

the camera needs permanent power from the vehicle for parking mode to function. the camera remains on the whole time and only records if there is movement detected, it can't wake up from power off to do this

Thanks! How does it work manually putting it into parking mode if at that time the power is turned off?
Approximately how many hours/minutes does the 32gb card store? I understand 32gb is the limit, but also that the LS300W has a high bit rate and therefore high file size...

1. fresh built in battery can record continuosly about 20-25min. After few month this figure drops, so you can not relay on internal battery for parking / motion detection.

2. You need to hardwire your dash cam to constant power supply

3. After ignition is switched off, switch on dash camera manually and chose motion detection from menu settings.

32gb holds in total about 2.5h 1080p 30fps 15Mbps.

NT96650 + Ar0330 based dash cameras can also record to 64Gb memoty cards.

32gb holds in total about 2.5h 1080p 30fps 15Mbps.

NT96650 + Ar0330 based dash cameras can also record to 64Gb memoty cards.

Thanks - do you know how this works if, say I go on a 3h trip? It will record a 2.5hr trip, but then the card will be full... so it will delete that and I'll have a 30 min video when done. Is that correct?

Thanks - do you know how this works if, say I go on a 3h trip? It will record a 2.5hr trip, but then the card will be full... so it will delete that and I'll have a 30 min video when done. Is that correct?

you should get around 3.5 hours give or take, the recycle setting will separate into blocks of whatever you set (5 minutes is typical) and you will always have the most recent 3.5 hours of video, if it needs more space it deletes the oldest 5 minute block of video (hope that's easy enough to understand)

Back