Does anyone sell the 0806 Parking Guard mount?

It has no Bluetooth, maybe just look at getting a higher spec camera

Interesting idea but I own this one already.
And never really did not expect bluetooth to be an option but had to ask to exhaust all possibilities ; as well as ptb

Let's move on to Plan B

That external battery I mentioned earlier in this thread is a 5V, 15,600 mAh LimeFuel brand)

If I run the camera via that battery when parked, how many hours of service will there be before the battery is discharged please?
- In full record mode?
- In motion detect mode?
Edward

no idea, try it and see if you already have the equipment
Good idea
I can certainly do that but would like to do some arithmetic first.
'Can you tell me the current usage specifications for the 0806 in record mode & motion detect mode please?

Also
Can these cameras run for an extended period without burning out?
What is the recommended maximum run time?

Thanks

Edward

no idea, try it and see if you already have the equipment
Hello Joklin

I sent you a few more questions which you will most likely get to.
However, more importantly you deserve a heap of thanks and an apology.
I did not realize until just now that you are not the Mini 0806 Tech Contact
So the thanks are for staying with this thread and all the questions about a product you do not even represent.
AND the apology is for running you thru the mill when I should have been addressing the questions to someone else.
(Who might that be?)

The other side of this is I have taken notice of your SGZC12RC and it seems as if it may actually fill the bill for me regarding easy switch from Motion Detect to Full time recording.
Can you direct me to a user manual please?

All the best

Edward

no problem, manual for the SGZC12RC hasn't been completed as yet, functionality wise it's much the same as the SGZC12SG, menu layout is a little different and no GPS but otherwise it's the same for the basics

Also
Can these cameras run for an extended period without burning out?
What is the recommended maximum run time?

Thanks

Edward

not the kind of camera you'd want running 24/7, any camera with a battery is not suitable for that

no problem, manual for the SGZC12RC hasn't been completed as yet, functionality wise it's much the same as the SGZC12SG, menu layout is a little different and no GPS but otherwise it's the same for the basics
Thanks
I'll look for the 12SG manual.

Hi guys.
we made a lot of debug & tests after built a parking guard mount sample, but the resut is frustrated the function is not stable. we can't modify the bottom level codes of Ambarella SDK so we are waiting Ambarella guys to work this out.
Disable this function is temporarily

@Rayman.Chan it's been a few months - what is the status of this? I notice other models are starting to advertise this feature, so it's clear that someone has resolved the issues. Can you provide us with an update?

Oh gth you carry a torch well.
The next words from Rayman Chan will be about his latest product, not how he will fix the one he duped us with
He's salesman, plain & simple
It's a shame too, because the 0806 video quality( night & day) is pretty darned good
That thanks to the chip & the glass
But those features for marketing purposes ONLY sure tell the story
  • Parking Guard (never intended to work)
  • Motion Detect (mine cannot even detect a 12lb Orange Tabby on the hood batting at my wipers)
  • SD Card Switching
  • Any others members?
What makes you think that shoddy "take the money & run" business practices are found only where the written language is alpha-numeric.
And what is it about the origins of Snake Oil you do not comprehend.
(Best oil for Gear I am told)

As for me
I will use my 0806 as a basic no frills dash cam and watch the progress made on new products by manufacturers and suppliers that actually have a support network and customer care conscience.

I hear you Hezeus, but I think you need a bigger stick to get their attention. Unlike most companies, it doesn't seem like this manufacturer cares a lot about us individual buyers. But, if they get hit in the pocketbook by their distributors, who purchase hundreds, if not thousands of 0806's, I think their attitude might change a little. Thankfully, we have several reputable distributors on this forum who can speak on our behalf, but the question is–will they? :)

At the very least Mr. Chan needs to stop advertising features that don't work or are still in the development stage, and so do their distributors. I just checked the company I purchased my 0806 from and they too are advertising features that don't work, which means they are part of the problem.

Can you imagine what would happen if the manufacturer never told any of us owners about the parking feature and then unveiled that option one day to existing 0806 owners. I'm sure everyone here would be quite pleased. THAT is called reinforcing your brand and it's how you build brand loyalty, which translates into even more revenue for the manufacturer and its distributors through word of mouth, positive reviews, and future purchases.

Ah yes indeed!
The torch you carry is truly a noble one.
(No tongue in cheek here)
It is a pleasure to listen to your ideas about the commitment to quality & responsibility that is being led by the legitimate manufacturers and distributors.
And agreed there are some who make their presence known (and felt) in this forum.
We the consumer are certainly better off because of them, and because of the competition they create
We also benefit from their integrity most certainly, especially regarding what that integrity means to the quality of the product and the honesty with which it is represented.

It is also refreshing to learn of your ideals regarding an industry that will encourage quality control of both products and the services
No arguments there for sure!

The question for me (and posed to you and others) then is :
Why waste any time attempting to rehabilitate Rayman Chan?
Guys like this can be had for very overpriced dime -a-dozen; and can be found working any global marketing street corner where those millions of anonymous "suckers born every minute" become their easy mark.
Better to just drum him out than attempt to outfit him with an ill fitting aftermarket conscience.
There are too many good manufacturers that would benefit from the nurturing instead
Of course on the way out he is likely flood the market with excess inventory raising funds to retool and come back in another product niche.
Let's hope it's not EPIRBS, Strobes, and other Emergency Beacons that help save lives during disasters.

I personally think the major manufacturers will pickup on this dash cam thing within the next few years, as well as the the auto manufacturers. Companies like Garmin have already begun to dabble in it and I'd be surprised if GoPro, Sony, and others don't come up with a viable solution as well. In fact, if these guys were smart they'd dive in now before anyone establishes a foothold. Just look at what Apple did with the music business.

I suspect that when the big boys decide that they want to play in this arena they're going to make the Chinese wish they would have given their clients more respect. Can you just imagine how many dash cams Best Buy can sell in the US alone?

I personally think the major manufacturers will pickup on this dash cam thing within the next few years, as well as the the auto manufacturers. Companies like Garmin have already begun to dabble in it and I'd be surprised if GoPro, Sony, and others don't come up with a viable solution as well.
It's baffling that companies like TomTom or Sony, that are selling both navigation systems and action cams haven't combined them yet into one product.

So where is @Rayman.Chan ?

Why has he not answered the numerous questions asked above or on other threads, I am sure he has read them ?

If he CAN'T be bothered to answer these straightforward questions then who CARES about his big announcement that HE'S BACK or his new factory or model or anything else he does.

You earn respect what you do and how customers are treated.

Real pity too because as limited in features working (as opposed to advertised) it's a pretty neat little camera BUT I won't recommend it or buy another because it does not deliver on its promises.

Considering the excitement and energy that the explosion of capitalism has made in China perhaps Rayman Chang is still on the steep end of the learning curve.
Couple that with an acknowledgment that English undoubtedly is the international language of business & success, he is doing quite well.

He has so far mastered the basics
I'll be back
How many pieces?
What's my net?​

Perhaps we should help him along by adding Mandarin words to our vocabulario

Last edited:
I would be interested to hear what the administrators of this site consider of the Mini 0806 "fraudulent features". Unless there's an explanation and some honesty being shown here soon, the forum is simply being used as a platform for deception and ripping off the public. THAT is something the forum admin would probably want to get defensive about. I'm all for giving the retailers a chance to explain, but when they knew from the outset that a feature will never work and continue advertising it through to the present day then it's time to boot them off the forum, I would have thought.

PS: and also, why would folks unrelated to the Mini 0806 want to be associated with the deceptive behaviour, by planning similarly named products?? Wouldn't they want to avoid being tarnished what Rayman the problems with the 08706??

PPS: Although it's been quite a while since I studied the language, "Tai Bu Hao Le", Mr Chan.

the manufacturer was around before Rayman came on the scene so I can't see that changing the model numbers is something they should consider as it's nothing to do with him in the first place

as far as the retailers go they likely advertised what they were lead to believe was the feature set, now some sellers are better than others and changed that when they found out, not all did though, intentional, lazy, hard to say

Back