Does this camera exist?

Yes but I'd like to know how big your new camera (in the front) will be in comparison to the F50. Thinkware are about to bring out the F100 dual camera which has the same size front camera as the F50.
I'm VERY limited for space in the front and it needs to be very small, like the F50. If it's wedge shaped then it will be a no go. What shape will the new front camera be?
Thanks.

Sounds like it will be like the A119?
If so, that's no good as it takes up too much windscreen area as the roof is low and therefore the windscreen is not very large.

To the top! That's the problem.
The whole of the drivers side is covered, then there's a massive plastic cover over the Forward Collision Warning and Lane Departure Warning camera/sensor and then a couple of inches on the passenger side where the wiper goes to the top and then the wiper starts arcing down to the passenger corner.

You could swap the smaller rear camera of the F770 to the front, but you wont have easy access to the buttons.

The front camera tends to be big as it houses electronics for two cameras.

The Blackvue DR650S is probably the next closest thing from the list of stuff you want. The front camera is still big just shaped differently compared to the F770. Rear camera is only 720p

Given that I can't actually find a camera setup that matches my criteria, I'm now reconsidering the F770 in the rear with the rear camera up front. I'll need to check if it blocks too much view out of the rear first.
What would I lose out on if I did swap the cameras round?
Any issues with doing that?
Bear in mind I want continuous recording while driving and time lapse recording while parked.
Does the rear camera have WDR etc like the front one? Does it perform as well as the front one in all other respects?
Thanks.

Well you wont have easy access to the buttons (power, wifi and Manual REC button) and also the SD card.

The power button is good to have access to if you don't want parking mode to come on (eg. parking inside a garage). The manual recording button is nice too when you want to tag an important event.

Mines sitting behind the rear view mirror so i cant reach the buttons anyway and its been working out for me.

The rear camera does have WDR and supernight vision. I cant remember if the bitrate is lower during continous recording but for parking mode the front and rear both go down to 5000kbps~.

Ok. Sounds feasible then.
It's going in a saloon so I can easily reach in and turn it off if I want to as well as reaching in to remove SD card and turn wifi on.
If I want to keep a recording of something that happened whilst driving, given I wouldn't be able to hit record, presumably as long as I stop within a few hours (ie before it gets overwritten) and download the clip via wifi to my mobile that would solve that wouldn't it?

So it's just the size I need to look at now.

Thanks.

I dont know if the rear camera has its own shock sensor but if it does then you can just gently give it a whack to set it off and it will automatically tag the video. I do this for the front camera as i cannot see the REC button.

Looking at the Thinkware website, it doesn't say the rear camera has a G sensor or if it does Time lapse recording.
Can anyone confirm if it does?
Thanks.

Back