Don't ! Buy a 0826

- Do not use microSD 64Gb. It'll be fine if you simple use 32Gb ones.
- in 3) and 4): I think you are not the driver who drive these trucks. Have you ever think about these drivers don't want to install the dashcam on the truck which they drive ? So they simple turned it off or they tried to turn them to brick. And when you looked back, it seem like: the dashcam didn't work well.

As said, I've tried 32GB Class 6 cards but still having problems. I've checked the footage and sometimes they turn off whilst the truck is driving - the drivers can't reach the camera whilst driving. They also know they will be dismissed if they tamper with them besides most of them want the cameras for their own safety.

As for point 4, that's me plugging it in.

The 0826 in my own car has now locked up three times so I've replaced it with the ION cam and it's worked perfectly. It doesn't have as many features but that doesn't matter when it comes to reliability because the video footage recording is paramount. The only problem I'm having with the ION is accessing GPS data, there doesn't seem to be any?

It's a really shame about the Mini series as the quality is so good and lots of features but all a complete waste if it won't record reliably.

Class 6 ( ???????? )
Dont buy anything less than class 10 ...
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121863876942 Just for reference , but this is the card I run ... 16GB - 32GB and 64GB versions ... As the price comes down , I buy bigger cards ...

Someone on another forum pointed out that when they had their Mini recyling time set to 1 min it worked perfectly and after changing to 5 min segments it suddenly started having problems. I'm sure I've previously read that it's actually 1 sec segments which can cause problems? Could be worth looking at though and possibly going with 3 min segments? I just realised that the most reliable Mini I had was the 0805 made by EPrance (just spotted the box). These new ones I got are by someone else I think.

Here's a screen cap and somes clips from the ION camera I've temporarily replaced my 0826 with. Not bad really, although not as feature rich and still unable to extract the GPS data from the mov files. Does anyone know how?

ION Daytime Screen Cap.jpg

and my beloved 0826....

GPS data ! If its there ( ? ) Some cams put the GPS data into a separate file , and you have to load the file ( possibly )
Try REGISTRATOR , if the GPS Data is embedded , try exporting it and then import it back ..
If the data is in another folder ( Micro SD card ) it may need to be imported ..

( Just guessing )

Turns out it's embedded in the mov files, which I think quite a few dash cams do. I've tried all the usual players and none of them will read the GPS data. There is one which seems to be able to but not in Super HD resolution, only 1080p.

Registration Viewer has always been my favourite but it requires separate GPS files. Kinomap will read the GPS data but sod having to upload to it and I'll also have to change my rewrites to 1 min as 5 min is too big a file to upload efficiently, in fact even a 1 min file is big for uploading. If I chop the mov file it seems to lose it's GPS data on the re-export. Either way, far too much hassle. But, not really all that important for private use, so long as I have the video footage. Don't really want my speed to be shown! lol

Registrator should read the data embedded in the video file ...
VLC , try activating subtitles , same with pot player ..

With registrator , export the data and import it back .. I made a video somewhere ..

If the data is in the video , you should be able to export it and import it back ( Might work )
Otherwise try Pot or VLC and subtitles

Tried the subtitles things and all sorts of other methods. Also came across some computer uni guy was trying to code a problem to extract the gps data but gave up. The ION is fine for me and my car but for the HGVs I need to see the speed and GPS mapping without any hassle.

Tried everything with these 0805s and 0826s but they just keep coming up with either "Prgm Err Format Card" or they simply just power off. No good so they are all going back.

Tried the supplied USB cable to computer, the supplied cigarette adapter (which caused one to smoke!), nextbase hardwire kit with mini to micro adapter, power magic pro hardwire kit using supplied cigarette adapter etc and also the internal battery.

They are all away now back to Amazon. Need to find a decent alternative and have another post up for this if anyone can help.

Should also point out that I've been running the ION dashcam from the power magic pro setup and it's ben flawless. Also ran using ciggy adapter and the same, perfect. It's definitely not a power or card issue and everything points to a camera issue. Thing is, it shouldn't be this difficult to get it working and should be like the ION and just work.

The other thing to consider is that I bought a whole new set of Micro SD cards costing £100, a Kingston USB3 card reader and also the ION dash cam all to try and eliminate any potential issues. So I reckon I've been pretty comprehensive in fault finding and all at my expense also.

Back